• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk about all that but it always bugged me how escanor didn't scale despite literally stalemating full power DK

Please justice for that guy
I guess it's because it's possible he was using up his own lifeforce to amp himself which is why his regular day key doesn't scale but his Ultimate One key does.

I guess it's because it's possible he was using up his own lifeforce to amp himself which is why his regular day key doesn't scale but his Ultimate One key does.
He stalemated the demon king before using his life force
After using his life force, he completely overpowered and sent the king flying

Idk about all that but it always bugged me how escanor didn't scale despite literally stalemating full power DK

Please justice for that guy
Not as bad as meliodas destroying danafor which is calc to be large island level and all the high tiers in the verse being capped at large island level

Also didn't seven deadly sins survive the Britannia destroying attack? What would scale their durability?
Look at they were still hit by a portion of it here
check this out it calculates all the feats.

He stalemated the demon king before using his life force
After using his life force, he completely overpowered and sent the king flying
I guess that's one interpretation, but it seems to contradict his feats from earlier fights which is why it's not accepted.

For example, Escanor right before high noon was losing to 142k power level Meliodas yet he could later block DK Zeldris' sword. Which doesn't make sense. So it's more solid to assume he was using his lifeforce from the beginning and only really started seriously expending it when he became the Ultimate One.

I guess that's one interpretation, but it seems to contradict his feats from earlier fights which is why it's not accepted.

For example, Escanor right before high noon was losing to 142k power level Meliodas yet he could later block DK Zeldris' sword. Which doesn't make sense. So it's more solid to assume he was using his lifeforce from the beginning and only really started seriously expending it when he became the Ultimate One.
No he didn't use his life force, prove that

The one escanor stomped meliodas with a single swipe and zeldris with a single finger

No he didn't use his life force, prove that

The one escanor stomped meliodas with a single swipe and zeldris with a single finger
I didn't claim he used his lifeforce. I simply pointed out another interpretation that doesn't contradict Escanor's earlier feats.

I didn't claim he used his lifeforce. I simply pointed out another interpretation that doesn't contradict Escanor's earlier feats.
What feats?

Yes you're right assault mode stomped escanor, but he wasn't in the one form

Upon turning to the one, he didn't even need to touch meliodas to slice him apart

Against zeldris, upon turning to the one again, he was completely unfazed by the attacks, and pierced through zeldris with a finger, chandler had to bring night so escanor doesn't kill zeldris

Upon turning to the one for the third time, escanor matched the demon king with every single strike, all that before using the ultimate one

What feats?

Yes you're right assault mode stomped escanor, but he wasn't in the one form

Upon turning to the one, he didn't even need to touch meliodas to slice him apart

Against zeldris, upon turning to the one again, he was completely unfazed by the attacks, and pierced through zeldris with a finger, chandler had to bring night so escanor doesn't kill zeldris

Upon turning to the one for the third time, escanor matched the demon king with every single strike, all that before using the ultimate one
The problem is that Escanor could physically contend with and damage the DK even before the One. He also survived a magic attack from him.
That's what implies he was using his lifeforce from the beginning.

Prove he used his life force, this interpretation comes from no where
It comes from the huge contradiction that appears if you don't assume he used his lifeforce.
I'll put it in a very simple, understandable way.

- Escanor in chapters 230 and 231 was only recorded as having a power level of 114k and was getting destroyed by Meliodas with a power level of 142k.

- Ludociel in his true body was barely blocking an attack from a casual Demon King possessing Meliodas, who is weaker than when he's possessing Zeldris, as confirmed by the DK himself.

- Escanor could physically contend with and damage the DK even before the One. He also survived a magic attack from him.

So therefore, if we assume that Escanor was not using his lifeforce, then the scaling becomes like this:
Right before noon Escanor < 142k Meliodas < Ludociel in a vessel who is 201k < True Body Ludociel < Demon King Meliodas < Demon King Zeldris Form 3 ~ Right before noon Escanor

Do you see the contradiction?

It comes from the huge contradiction that appears if you don't assume he used his lifeforce.
I'll put it in a very simple, understandable way.

- Escanor in chapters 230 and 231 was only recorded as having a power level of 114k and was getting destroyed by Meliodas with a power level of 142k.

- Ludociel in his true body was barely blocking an attack from a casual Demon King possessing Meliodas, who is weaker than when he's possessing Zeldris, as confirmed by the DK himself.

- Escanor could physically contend with and damage the DK even before the One. He also survived a magic attack from him.

So therefore, if we assume that Escanor was not using his lifeforce, then the scaling becomes like this:
Right before noon Escanor < 142k Meliodas < Ludociel in a vessel who is 201k < True Body Ludociel < Demon King Meliodas < Demon King Zeldris Form 3 ~ Right before noon Escanor

Do you see the contradiction?
Ok then ban and king dont scale because a weaker demon king could harm and stomp them

Stop using feats of noon escanor when I'm talking about the one anyway

Ok then ban and king dont scale because a weaker demon king could harm and stomp them
That weaker DK didn't stomp Ban, he only overpowered King but that's mostly because the DK was immune to magic and therefore King couldn't do anything to him.

Their feats against DK Zeldris strongly imply that they should get a possibly higher.

Stop using feats of noon escanor when I'm talking about the one anyway
The reason I'm using noon Escanor is because they practically confirm that he was using his life force from the beginning so the One doesn't scale to the Demon King outside of when Escanor is using his life force.

Let me put this clear

DK possessing meliodas stomped king and heavily damaged ban, yet you want to scale them to a stronger DK? I don't disagree, but then scale escanor too

They get stronger when they fight why is it justified for ban and king but not for escanor? Escanor was always considered a top tier anyway

I purpose adding a "end of series" key for the sins

That weaker DK didn't stomp Ban, he only overpowered King but that's mostly because the DK was immune to magic and therefore King couldn't do anything to him.

Their feats against DK Zeldris strongly imply that they should get a possibly higher.

The reason I'm using noon Escanor is because they practically confirm that he was using his life force from the beginning so the One doesn't scale to the Demon King outside of when Escanor is using his life force.
This doesn't make sense why didn't they note that he used his life force earlier? They noticed after powering up only, your interpretation comes from nothing

DK possessing meliodas stomped king and heavily damaged ban, yet you want to scale them to a stronger DK?
The proposal is not to scale them completely to the High 6-C Demon King but to give them a possibly higher due to their feats of barely damaging him.

They get stronger when they fight
No. That's not how they got stronger. King received a power up while Ban spent over a thousand years in Purgatory.

why is it justified for ban and king but not for escanor?
There's no reason to assume Escanor randomly got stronger as Ban and King got stronger for a reason but Escanor's only explanation is that he was using his life force.

Escanor was always considered a top tier anyway
Not really. He was top tier during the Ten Commandments arc but we later got introduced to characters stronger than him outside of his The One state.

I purpose adding a "end of series" key for the sins
There's no reason to as they didn't really get any specific powerups for the final fight except for Escanor who was using his life force throughout the whole fight for reasons already stated.

No. That's not how they got stronger. King received a power up while Ban spent over a thousand years in
Then my point still stands
Not really. He was top tier during the Ten Commandments arc but we later got introduced to characters stronger than him outside of his The One state.
His fight against zeldris and demon king says otherwise
The proposal is not to scale them completely to the High 6-C Demon King but to give them a possibly higher due to their feats of barely damaging him.
Ah doesn't change anything

This doesn't make sense why didn't they note that he used his life force earlier? They noticed after powering up only,
There are two potential reasons:
  • Because he only started seriously expending it only when he entered The One Ultimate which explains why Meliodas only noted it at that point.
  • Because The One Ultimate was a form never seen before so it was a big hint that some external factor was present.

your interpretation comes from nothing
Did you read my earlier reply??? The scaling becomes contradictory if he wasn't using his lifeforce from the beginning for reasons already stated.

So if he wasn't using his lifeforce before The One Ultimate then his feats against the DK outside of that form are an outlier as they contradict his feats earlier in the series.

There are two potential reasons:
  • Because he only started seriously expending it only when he entered The One Ultimate which explains why Meliodas only noted it at that point.
  • Because The One Ultimate was a form never seen before so it was a big hint that some external factor was present.

Did you read my earlier reply??? The scaling becomes contradictory if he wasn't using his lifeforce from the beginning for reasons already stated.

So if he wasn't using his lifeforce before The One Ultimate then his feats against the DK outside of that form are an outlier as they contradict his feats earlier in the series.
If we can't assume they got stronger then ban and king dont scale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back