• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

NightTerror vs Mewtwo

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Retired
Well this was basically inevitable, after all it's the ultimate Dragon vs Cal thread.

Speed is Equal obv, as SC sucks without it, 5A versions for both.

Nightmare:

Mewtwo:

Incon: 7

So...BFR to Astral Chaos and Corruption of mind, body and soul + NT and his Soul Destruction blahblahblah

So

From my understanding, it's a quickdraw between TK slamming and "Watch this"

I was saying that to be cool

As Dragon said it's actually BFR into a realm of soulhax

Depends. Is Astral Chaos like The Backyard from Guilty Gear or The Dark World from Zelda, where the effects passively screw you over instantly? Is it gradual? Or is it just BFR?

Given Mewtwo doesn't have a weak soul, he could probably last long enough to get the heck out of dodge or however the saying goes.

How does Willpower keep your soul from being erased? Necrid was a dude who defeated a wielder of Soul Edge and still got corrupted. Raphael has immense willpower and still got corrupted. A temple full of monks trained to combat evil energies still got corrupted. Kilik got corrupted and was only saved due to the Dvapara Yuga.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
How does Willpower keep your soul from being erased? Necrid was a dude who defeated a wielder of Soul Edge and still got corrupted.
I thought it meant strong soul in the figurative sense rather than the literal sense.

Of course, that's the only part I thought was figurative. Everything else I thought was as literal as uh...literalness.

Apparently I was wrong.

Kilik has immense willpower. Dude still would have been ****** if he didn't have the Dvapara-Yuga.

That's his staff, right?

Can't get past the staff. ovo

Still, it doesn't seem like the instant you enter you'll be corrupted, am I wright? You've got like, a three minute counter for example?

Nah, that is the sacred mirrors he has that repel evil energies and purifies it. The staff is Kali-Yuga which can absorb any type of energy be it good or evil. That staff is still broken in the realms of SC.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Willpower doesn't do jack if you don't have resistance feats.
Not everything's based on resistance. While it's the case of resistance here, there are a great number of fictions where you're able to resist things through sheer willpower or having a pure soul or any of that jazz.

They have never given a time counter. Everytime we see someone is AC, they either resist the effects (Edge Master and Algol) or are Malfested already. Although I do believe Soul Destruction maybe figurative. But you know....resistance shenanigans. But it's meh.

It could be willpower based, but even then that is subjective. Siegfried had a ton of willpower after SC, but he still became Nightmare before SCll.

Back