• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Night of the Ants! (Meruem vs Twenty-Fifth Baam)

I dont know Ant Man that well, but I think I can just write this off with Baam via Immobolization, higher ap, shinsoo orb and general versatility.

Mereum is probably more bloodlusted then Baam is and probably has better field awareness, I will give him that.

But Baam likely is better with zoning with his abilities and can keep a good distance away. His ability to create five energy beams and just pelt Mereum until he dies is somewhat likely.

And if things get to hand to hand, Baam can probably freeze him and jump away to his ideal distance.

Keeping his distance is gonna be difficult when Meruem can literally teleport. How good is Baam at hand to hand combat? It'd be quite in character for Meruem to teleport behind him right off the bat and attack him from a blind spot.

Edwellken said:
Keeping his distance is gonna be difficult when Meruem can literally teleport. How good is Baam at hand to hand combat? It'd be quite in character for Meruem to teleport behind him right off the bat and attack him from a blind spot.
I would say he is pretty good at H2H.

He kept up with Daniel fairly well in close combat and a few others.

Before he was a wave controller, Endorsi and Ha Jinsung taught him the basic of hand to hand.

I am not sure if he can keep up with Mereum H2H for long, but he can also freeze him either before or after the teleport and just proceed to beat him senseless.

Yeah Meruem overpowered many skilled martial artists during his time, including one of the world's most powerful martial artists/Hunters: Netero, so he probably wins by a long shot in H2H.

The description for Baam's immobilization sounds like it works by freezing the air/area around the target, in which case, Meruem can likely just teleport again to break free.

Edwellken said:
The description for Baam's immobilization sounds like it works by freezing the air/area around the target, in which case, Meruem can likely just teleport again to break free.
How can you teleport if you are frozen?

You cant activate shinsoo inside it, I doubt he can active nen inside it either.

Even those frozen cant activate their abilities and have to power through it.

And considering Baam has the ap advantage by just over 2 times, I doubt he can break free.

@Kinki

Is he frozen or immobilized? He can literally teleport with a thought, and if all that was immobilizing him was the air around him, escaping that particular area should break him free.

If it nullifies certain abilities it should probably say so on the profile. I'm just going off of what I see since idk the series...

Edwellken said:
@Kinki
Is he frozen or immobilized? He can literally teleport with a thought, and if all that was immobilizing him was the air around him, escaping that particular area should break him free.

If it nullifies certain abilities it should probably say so on the profile. I'm just going off of what I see since idk the series...
Frozen.

And its with verse equalization, it is dubious. I am not sure shinsoo = aura

I will retract my vote for now, seems really close.

Can I have images on how Mereum teleports? I guess some scans on his extra sensory perception would nice as well?

If its just a thought, sounds to me to be inconclusive, leaning towards Mereum.

Meruem's teelportation seems..... suspicious, looks like a speed feat to me (but this is not the thread for this)

I'd give this to baam, He is faster and stronger and meruem is 7-B with his rage blast not with his regular punches.

Fast skip, shinsu black hole and the thorn should help him pull this off with some difficulty.

Speed is equal. Also the rage blast was likely casual.

Anyway, not voting regardless (for the time being), just wanted to give some insight on Meruem's abilities.

(Might go Inconclusive for Kinkiest's reasons.)

Ability description
How Freezing Works

Freeze 1
Copies it after seeing it once

Freeze 2
Much later one, he can freeze someone who is likely thousands of times stronger

Power mimic
So basically these are the scans for his power mimicry and freezing capabilities

Power mimicry adaptive muscle memory
Has even been shown to copy martial art styles in mid combat.

Doesnt know spell names
Even if its magical in nature, he can still copy it

Does he have to touch him to use the freeze? If so it'll be WAY less likely for him to even pull off than I originally thought.

That copying is impressive though. If he can copy Meruem's Nen and things like teleportation it might be gg. Leaning towards Baam in that case.

Edwellken said:
That copying is impressive though. If he can copy Meruem's Nen and things like teleportation it might be gg. Leaning towards Baam in that case.
No,
Freeze 3
that was demonstrated in the second scan as well as this one. He just extends his hands out a bit and stops him.
Lets just say Baam is the gary sue of TOG.

Not even taking into account his Thorn and his Shinsoo black hole, which vaporizes people. (Doubt he will use them in character unless really hard pressed too)

Welp.

Gonna say Baam FRA 7 times out of 10. Meruem has a chance to overwhelm him in close combat but having the AP/Dura advantage, Baam is unlikely to let that happen for long. Especially if he can copy Meruem's abilities.

Both can adapt to oponents mid fight, and baam has fought an oponent that had invisible weapons and some degree of teleportation. And Baam having superior stats really is a problem to meruem, considering he could only beat netero because of superior durability, even if he can eventually adapt to baam fighting style, he probably wouldn't have the time for that.

Back