• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JED

This is my first CRT, and I feel this should be pretty non-controversial. Here a few powers I noticed mossing.

Sonic
Shadow
  • Existence Erasure - with Chaos Rift. Multiple different translations confirm this as erasure.
  • Resistance to Ice Manip - can break out of being frozen solid
  • Resistance to Sealing - Mephiles states that he only resisted the Scepter’s sealing by absorbing Shadow’s power
  • Resistance to Spatial Manipulation - like Sonic, can endure attacks from Chaos powers attacks which attack with space
  • Resistance to Fate Manip - from fighting and defeating Solaris
  • Resistance to Extreme Heat - unfazed by the volcanic temperatures of Lava Shelter, which is set inside of an active volcano
  • Resistance to Biological Manip and Supernatural Willpower - able to overpower Black Doom’s mind control (which is supposed to be from his biology) off of sheer willpower
Super Shadow
  • Light Manipulation - Shadow can absorb light to strengthen himself and allow him to use the Spear of Light
  • Forcefield Creation
  • Aura
Silver
  • Limited Instinctive Reactions - same as Sonic and Shadow
  • Teleportation - can teleport others
Super Silver
Solaris

Last edited:
Hard disagree to Super Shadow and Super Silver having Empathic Manip.

Super Shadow is capable of harnessing Negative Chaos Energy as easily as he can harness Positive Chaos Energy within the final boss of his game, which shouldn't be possible if he had Empathic Manip because Sonic's aura nullifies that very same energy that Super Shadow can tap into. I say no to Super Silver because he should have no reason in having it, similar to why Super Tails/Knuckles/Ray/Mighty shouldn't have it.

Agree with everything but Empathic Manip (for shake's reasons) and resistance to fate manip, since beating a guy =/= resisting his haxes

Ok Empath can be removed. I still think Fate is legit since it’s one of his main abilities and they aren’t even supposed to be able to overcome it (as stated by Eggman)

Sonic
Agree with most of this but I'm not sold on Darkness Manipulation and maybe Resistance to Fate Manipulation. "Unlocks the power of darkness" doesn't automatically mean he can manipulate actual darkness (Power of darkness can just as easily mean evil power or something), if there's visuals of the crest showing Sonic using darkness based attacks or something then it'd be fine but from that screenshot alone I don't agree with it. For the fate manipulation stuff, is Solaris constantly using it throughout the fight, is it passive or something? Just fighting and defeating him doesn't seem like it's enough to justify a resistance.

Shadow
  • Existence Erasure - with Chaos Rift. Multiple different translations confirm this as erasure.
  • Resistance to Ice Manip - can break out of being frozen solid
  • Resistance to Sealing - Mephiles states that he only resisted the Scepter’s sealing by absorbing Shadow’s power
  • Resistance to Spatial Manipulation - like Sonic, can endure attacks from Chaos powers attacks which attack with space
  • Resistance to Extreme Heat - unfazed by the volcanic temperatures of Lava Shelter, which is set inside of an active volcano
  • Resistance to Biological Manip and Supernatural Willpower - able to overpower Black Doom’s mind control (which is supposed to be from his biology) off of sheer willpower
Agree with all of this except for maybe resistance to fate manipulation, same reasons as I said for Sonic.

Silver
  • Limited Instinctive Reactions - same as Sonic and Shadow
  • Teleportation - can teleport others
Agree with the first two, like with Sonic and Shadow I'm not entirely convinced for the fate manipulation resistance.

Super Silver
  • Light Manipulation - Silver can absorb light to strengthen himself and allow him to use the Shield of Light
  • Emphatic Manip
  • Forcefield Creation
  • Aura
Agreed, except for empathic manipulation for the reasons Shake gave.

Solaris
Agreed.

I want to make an addition too (I got JEDs permission to add this to his CRT).

Super Sonic in Sonic Chronicles has a move called "Super Rush" which allows him to one shot Super Emperator lx who's comparable to him (since they are drawing energy from the same power source), this would warrant him a "Higher" rating due to him one shotting someone of similar level.

So Super Sonic Rating would be "4-A/At Least Low 2-C/2-C, Higher with Super Rush"

I call it Super Rush since it's the JP name for it and it's easier to tell it apart.

I want to make an addition too (I got JEDs permission to add this to his CRT).

Super Sonic in Sonic Chronicles has a move called "Super Rush" which allows him to one shot Super Emperator lx who's comparable to him (since they are drawing energy from the same power source), this would warrant him a "Higher" rating due to him one shotting someone of similar level.

So Super Sonic Rating would be "4-A/At Least Low 2-C/2-C, Higher with Super Rush"

I call it Super Rush since it's the JP name for it and it's easier to tell it apart.
Want to confirm that I did give him permission to add this.

Agree with most of this but I'm not sold on Darkness Manipulation and maybe Resistance to Fate Manipulation. "Unlocks the power of darkness" doesn't automatically mean he can manipulate actual darkness (Power of darkness can just as easily mean evil power or something), if there's visuals of the crest showing Sonic using darkness based attacks or something then it'd be fine but from that screenshot alone I don't agree with it.
Why would it not be darkness based attacks when the the tag says it gives him the power of darkness? But here are a few clips of it:

For the fate manipulation stuff, is Solaris constantly using it throughout the fight, is it passive or something? Just fighting and defeating him doesn't seem like it's enough to justify a resistance.
As for Fate, I can understand why there is more contention. But Eggman states that Solaris’s power of is impossible to beat because he distorts time and controls fate, which implies he’s constantly using it, if not passively. I won’t deny that it is never explicitly said when he is using the Fate Manip, it seems reasonable that it is likely passive because we know that he passively distorts time, which is the other main reason Eggman claims he is unbeatable along with his Fate Manip.
Also I already agreed to remove the Empathic Manip so we’re good on that one. Thanks for the comment though.

Besides the stuff brought up by others in the comments, everything else looks fine though I'm not to well versed in Sonic stuff to give an in-depth response.

Disagree with Empathy Manipulation and Resistance to Fate Manipulation for reasons mentioned above, as the fate stuff is still far to vague and requires too many assumptions for me to give a solid okay on them resisting it. Everything else seems fine. Will go through it again tomorrow because it's midnight and I have finals.

I feel like everything looks fine here including Resistance Fate Manipulation, it seems passive to me like Solaris’es Time Distortion going by how it’s phrased and how Solaris’es time stuff is done, I feel like a Possible rating wouldn’t be far fetched

maybe this is for another time but I realized Shadow has Time Stop Resistance due to being able to move in White Space, shouldn’t Characters like Cream be given the same?, plus, by the same thing Super Mighty and Super Ray should have it for being able to move in Egg Reverie Zone

Last edited:
The reason she doesn't have it is because Sonic had to restore her and his other friends first
I’m not sure, that sounds more like some sort of erasure or petrification rather then what happens to someone in a timeless void, and what did Sonic without knowing gave her a Magical Time Stop Bubble or something?, but, alright I guess

I’m not sure, that sounds more like some sort of erasure or petrification rather then what happens to someone in a timeless void, and what did Sonic without knowing gave her a Magical Time Stop Bubble or something?, but, alright I guess
I mean, she was erased (alongside everyone that’s not Shadow, Silver, and Metal Sonic). But they were only able to move after Sonic brought them back.
As for other points, I am fine with a compromise of possible resistance to Fate Manip. So are there any other points?

how does solaris fate hax even work?
According to Eggman, it just distorts Time and changes Fate, nothing overt is shown

though I feel the Game’s Story does have a implication of this, as Characters actions often lead to the problems in the future (like Shadow sealing Mephiles which actually just makes him stronger in the future)

According to Eggman, it just distorts Time and changes Fate, nothing overt is shown

though I feel the Game’s Story does have a implication of this, as Characters actions often lead to the problems in the future (like Shadow sealing Mephiles which actually just makes him stronger in the future)
so its kinda noncombat applicable?

Not sure but I guess, Technically Speaking Mephiles never did Lose fully, pretty much everything lead to his victory and him Getting the Emeralds
Basically, Mephiles didn't lose till the heroes used the Emeralds to relieve Sonic into Super Sonic.

Most likely it should be passive for the reason said above as to how he always managed to avoid defeat until the very end. Not to mention Eggman mentioned that as one of the main reasons they couldn’t beat Solaris, along with his time distortion, which we know for a fact it is passive. But I can see why people would think it is a little vague. Hence why I think a possible resistance would be a compromise

Honestly thinking about the Narrative of 06, Fate Manipulation makes the story make a lot more sense with it’s time travel and theming, specially with lines like

Shadow: That's absurd. Whatever it is you want to do, you can do it alone.
Mephiles: You forgive humanity this folly then?
Shadow: I determine my own destiny.

so yeah I think it’s pretty solid

Yeah. So can we get someone to unlock the pages so we can add the approved additions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back