• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New staff promotions

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Given the turmoil that the wiki has suddenly entered into because of Lord Kavpeny very regrettably suddenly leaving due to personal matters, in combination with my increasing burnout, we have to try to help the wiki recover.

I have appointed Darkness552 as a new administrator. He is the moderator who has helped out the most with administrative tasks, and I think that he will make a fine administrator.

In addition, before he left, Lord Kavpeny appointed DarkLK as a new bureaucrat. DarkLK is unquestionably the most qualified member for the job given that he built the ACF wiki, and envisioned our current ranking system, from the ground up. However, he has been kept busy by his work there, and only been a consultant here until now. Regardless, Polar-kun requested that the bureaucrat responsibilities should be shared as part of the agreement to leave the wiki in our hands, so I sincerely hope that DarkLK does not take offense at being appointed, and we would be honoured if he decides to take a more active guiding hand in the future of this wiki.

I will also talk with wiki staff if they can help out by providing Wikia stars or admin mentors for the wiki, but we cannot count on it, and must try to make do.

Because of all this turmoil, it will become even more important that all the staff members and well-behaving members in this wiki please step up to help out, because I am not in good enough condition to do it all by myself anymore.

After talking with DarkLK, I have now also promoted Azathoth and DontTalk to administrator positions. I am also waiting for replies from other people.

I really hope that they will be able to take up part of the work to help maintain and keep this wiki from collapsing.

Congratulations guys, It's a shame what happened to Lord Kavpeny (i hope he will come back soon or later)

To make things easier for the new staff members:

Please use the following page to monitor changes to the wiki.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:RecentChanges

It can take a while to load, but is very useful, as you can open the editing histories of regular wiki pages in new windows, and then check all of the changes that have been done during the last day, which speeds up the work considerably.

You can increase the number of edits that it keeps track of from 500 to 1000 (or possibly more, if you need it) in the user settings.

The way that page is written makes it very confusing and difficult for me to read. I've been using the "Wiki Activity" button to monitor recent changes.

we use that button for changes that were made that we missed on the regular wiki activity page

and for when we leave we can pick up on what has happened

I have promoted CrossverseCrisis to a moderator position. He is a nice member who is friendly with everybody, so I hope that he will be able to help keep discussions civilised.

I have now promoted Sheoth to an administrator position, and given Schutzendunkelziel rollback rights, to help him prove his worth as a potential admin.

I have promoted SwordSlayer99 to a moderator position, and given him rollback rights, to help him to undo any bad edits, and prove his worth as a potential future admin.

I have also promoted Rib78 as a moderator with rollback rights.

I have now promoted Gallavant to a moderator position, and given both him and Unclechairman rollback rights.

I have now promoted SchutzenDunkelZiel1217 to an administrator position, and given KamiYasha rollback rights.

I have now promoted The Everlasting to a forum moderator with rollback rights.

I think that was all of the promotions this time around. Please make them feel welcome.

It seems like my assumption was premature.

I have promoted Illuminati478 to a moderator position with rollback rights.

Back