• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Sonic Page Controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.

VenomElite

VS Battles
Retired
Apparently there's some disagreement regarding Sera's Recent and drastic change to Sonic's game page, involving the new template she made to further organize continuities together. For example, Boom Sonic is now a subpage to the original Sonic, therefore there is a link in Boom Sonic's page that goes back to the original (grouping all game continuities together was Sera's plan).

So...what's all the fuss about? Please discuss it below.

It looks great to me. I don't see much lacking in the way of citations, either. A general consensus was formed on that old thread, too.

Is the problem structure or citations or something different?

I do apologize for the page being a bit messy, I started having pain while doing the page so I wanted to just post it.

Of course I mean no disrespect at all to Sera or anyone. But there are some issues I have with the Sonic page.

1. This one isn't at all Sera's fault, but the page is a bit too cluttered from unnecessary or not so notable keys. I'd get rid of Werehog and Excalibur, which would make the page much neater IMO.

2. Why is Modern Sonic High 6-A, possibly 5-B scaling to Perfect Chaos who is possibly 5-A?

3. Perhaps make Base Sonic plain 5-B, since he can somewhat harm a weakened 5-A and Perfect Chaos is said to have a "Planet destroying power source."

4. We have a crapload of Sonic characters who are 7-B via scaling to base Sonic who used to be 7-B. What do we rate them as now?

5. How are we going to rate Sonic villains with little to no feats besides fighting variable Sonic?

6. Speed keys don't really match with Tier and AP keys.

Oh, if it's just structure, then a little time and all will be well. I mean, let's give Sera props for not only accumulating all this info, but also editing the page herself, right? It's ok if the first draft isn't perfect.

EDIT: Ninja'd, I guess.

A thread regarding Sonic powerscaling will follow (Part 2 of the revisions). That's what I blog about the Sonic Eras/Timeline is for.

It was discussed on the other thread that villains will be ranked according to their best feats. If they have no feats, I'll figure something out about that.

EDIT: I didn't take offense. I knew you were just concerned regarding the page.

Thinking she originally was going to edit it, make the tabs a lighter shade of blue and make it more visually appealing but...unexpected things happened as she already mentioned.

With Ever and Blue so far. The Template looks really...not attractive on there to say the least.

CrossverseCrisis said:
With Ever and Blue so far. The Template looks really...not attractive on there to say the least.
Refer to my above comment.

Perhaps maybe the Chaos Emeralds' lowest end on the "variable" be Planet level (Those do seem to be the lowest showings of them I know of) Then we can rate featless people as that. Either Planet level or MSS due to the Eggman machine thingy.

Does anyone really care if I get rid of Werehog and Excalibur right now? They're pretty unimportant, not so notable forms IMO. At least much less notable than Hyper Sonic, which got booted as well.

I'm still really concerned about all the 7-B Sonic people.

The forms aren't notable besides being silly gimmicks. And the page is currently very cluttered, disorganized and makes the page harder for people (especially new visitors) to read.

It's the same compromise we were going to make when it came to Mario's page. Or a compromise we already made on Hyper Sonic, a more notable form than those two.

To be honest I'm rather fine with taking out the "Werehog" and "Excalibur" Keys but I'm fine with what the rest of the staff decide.

My original plan to make separate pages (a main page and sub pages) for Classic, Modern, and Dreamcast Sonic (and Boom Sonic) but people were in favor of keys for the latter three on the previous thread.

The template looks great to me. Can't speak for statistics stuff and revisions.

I'm lost. I probably should've made the thread first.... :/

I got rid of the Werehog and Excalibur keys. Hope people don't mind.

Also I really wish that these powerscaling issues I mentioned get resolved later on.

Additionally on a somewhat unrelated note, is there much that specifies that Solaris can destroy 1000+ timelines. If not, then we'd have to go with "At least 2-C."

I got rid of the High 6-A for Sonic since Chaos seems to have some Planet level stuff. And Sonic gets his rating from somewhat hurting 5-As. So I made Modern Base Sonic 5-B.

Why get rid of Excalibur? What's the point of removing Caliburn if we accept the World Rings and Darkspine?

It's only so the page is somewhat organized, less cluttered and not nigh unreadable. You already got rid of Hyper Sonic for presumably similar reasons of not too many unneeded keys.

And I figured Darkspine would be a lot more notable since he's by far one of Sonic's most powerful incarnations. I'm fine with getting rid of him too though.

But Excalibur Sonic is cool and has unique abilities. By this logic we should remove a lot of Keys from profiles which have literally all the same stats.

I removed Hyper Sonic because it is non canon\taken out of continuity and was very difficult to rank.

RadicalMrR said:
I think each form, if unique enough, should have a key.
I think that Reed Richards Werehog Sonic and Gold Saint with Talking Sword Sonic are definitely unique, to say the least.

Regardless. Excalibur is cool with some neat abilities. We can also note these abilities and this form within his notable attacks/techniques. But I don't think we need a separate key for them. And doing so is only going to make the page messier and more cluttered.

But again, how are the 7-B Sonic people going to be rated now?

And also sorry if this is a stupid question, but is Adventure Sonic really in canon a different incarnation of Sonic? I thought Adventure was treated as one of the Modern Sonic games within Generations.

I think the template just needs some work. I use the same template on another wiki and I think it looks really nice. I think the color scheme or edges should be revised first.

The stats seem fine, but shouldn't he be "At least 5-B" for barely harming a 5-A character? There's also the scans Executor showed off, actually blowing up a planet tends to yield far higher results than destroying one. Also, I agree that Excalibur Sonic should also have a key, I don't see why he shouldn't.

@Darkanine I don't think any templates like that should be used on the site at all tbh. Make profiles look clustered. So now you have those new templates, the pictures to click on, and there's a quote on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back