• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Sonic Page Controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I suppose that Ryukama's version looks fine. It is just that we use different profile pages for different versions of other characters, such as Superman, so I am uncertain if this works in terms of consistency.

Well Sera's original template also goes against the way we typically do things. I don't think there'd be much harm in a single exception. Especially if it'd make the page better.

Also some of these are just separate forms rather than different versions.

Like I said though, I'm fine with this not being used, however this was a suggested solution I had.

People want the pages to be neater. The tabber makes it somewhat neater. And easier to read since each section is standalone. Instead of having a bunch of other keys and stats and explanations right next to them.

Some people want separate profiles. This is the exact same effect as separate profiles. However each profile is conveniently on one page. Users don't have to search around to multiple pages. Newer users don't have to be initially confused and have to find other pages.

And while I don't mind Sera's template too much, many people did not like it. So I'm simply trying to help with another solution if people want.

@Ryu

Fair enough. I like the idea of separating disparate continuities into separate pages and providing easy links to each of them through Sera's format is all.

The tabber is neater for different forms, but I like what Sera has done for things like mainstream Sonic vs Sonic Boom.

I don't mind Sera's format like I said. But several others disliked it, and I'm providing another possible solution if people want. And this tabber also does the exact same effect as separate profiles, with the convenience of a single page.

@Ryukama

I'm not suggesting that different forms be relegated to different pages, but continuities should be kept separate for consistencies sake since this is not a Composite Sonic profile.

I can agree with separate continuities not being on one page. These are forms/Sonic from the past though. So I'm with you there.

Well, I suppose that Sera's format might work in conjunction with Ryukama's then. However, it currently has some unfinished profile segments, and the other pages scaled from Sonic have allegedly not been properly updated, so perhaps we should temporarily revert the page until everything is properly prepared?

@Ant Because that was just an example of how the basic idea of the format would work. If this is actually used the profile segments and all would be properly added.

But again, it's whatever most people want, since I'm just trying to suggest different things to help people out with deciding what they want.

I did not refer to your example, but to Sera's current version of the page.

Oh my apologies. I thought you meant how the screenshot I used has missing and blanked out statistics.

4daa4bbe436cf7d3c1af5c9fd8adfcd2
Like how some of these stats are left blank, incomplete or duplicated, since this is just an example.

I was referring to the empty "Riders" and "Forces" pages.

Yeah I understand now. I think it's cause those two "continuities" don't have pages yet.

@Ryukama Yes, but it does not look good in terms of layout.

Antvasima said:
@Ryukama Yes, but it does not look good in terms of layout.
I think the keys should be divided based on the era and with the Darkspine and Super Forms.

I think it should be done like this:

Tier: 8-A | 5-B | At least 5-A | Low 2-C | Varies. From 5-B to at least 5-A to 4-A to 2-B

Attack Potency:
Multi-City Block level+ (Sonic CD feat) | Planet level (Defeated Chaos with 6 emerads, which allowed the Space Colony Arc to produce this much energy) | At least Large Planet level (Harmed Dark Gaia and defeated Perfect Chaos) | Universe level+ (Defeated Alf Layla that was going to recreate the Arabian Nights reality) | Varies. From Planet level (Classic) to at least Large Planet level (Dreamcast: The full power of the emeralds should be much more powerful than six of them) to Multi-Solar System level (Modern: By the Final Egg Blaster feat) to Multiverse level (Sonic 06: The three Super Forms were able to defeat Solaris)

Speed: At least FTL in his three eras (Is considered "faster than light" in an official source and had his speed scientifically measured by one of Eggman's machines to exceed light. To which Sonic said that lightspeed was nothing to him. Although he couldn't completely outrun a Black Hole, he did do so for a large period of time) | Unknow. At least FTL+, likely higher (Far swifter than in base form) | At least FTL+, likely higher (Far faster than base [Solaris was not moving nor showcasing a movement speed during the fight, which allowed them to keep up with him])

Note: If the Solaris feat is considered outlier the Super forms will be Varies. From 5-B to at least 5-A to 4-A.

Key: Classic | Dreamcast | Moder | Darkspine | Super Sonic

Sera, what do you think about this?

Yes, but Sera said that the kiss of Elise provided Sonic with the full power of the positive energy of the emeralds, which allowed them to fight Solaris and is far superior to the negative energy used by the chaos empowered villains.

I keep repeating myself but the reason why Riders and Forces are empty is because I ended up having to post the thing before I was actually finished due to suddenly being in pain, which caught me off guard.

That's no different than how for the longest time, the Masadaverse page had links that lead to pages that don't exist yet. There's nothing wrong with the template. I can change both its color and even the size of the tabs. So what's the issue?

I am still leaning towards separate pages due to consistency potrayal. Also, why is powerscaling still being brought up? I know we had this talk back in May, but it was agreed upon that after Sonic's page was updated, another thread will follow to discuss powerscaling and that's what my era/timeline blog is for.

That being said, it would better if all the game versions of Sonic were subpages to Sonic the Hedgehog (Game Character). The same with the Archie versions being subpages of Sonic the Hedgehog (Archie Pre-Genesis Wave), and Sonic the Hedgehog (Archie)/Pre Genesis Wave and Sonic the Hedgehog (Archie)/Post Genesis Wave are better titles at that.

@Dark649

Looks much better, thank you. But I'm still against Super Sonic's tier, which is why I want separate pages above all else.

Well, I am just saying that it might be better to temporarily revert the revision of the page until you get the time to update all of the related profile statistics in one go, as othervise casual visitors will find the inconsistency confusing.

In addition, the page currently looks incomplete with two sections missing.

I hope that you will get well soon btw.

Super Sonic is literally stronger in attack potency against beings empowered by negative energy, the base tier however is the problem it's inconsistent between Adventure Sonic and Modern Sonic. With Adventure being 5-A and Modern being At least Low 2-C.

I don't like "At least Large Planet level, at most Multi-Universe level, much higher against beings empowered by negative energy." That's too much when there also needs to be an explanation/AP description.

Alright. If anyone is willing to revert the edit, please do. Someone will also need to restore the old Sonic the Hedgehog Boom page and delete Sonic the Hedgehog (Game Character)/Boom.

Okay. I will do so. To clarify: I am not saying that the edit is bad. Just that all of the changes should be done in one go.

I agree with Repp that Sera's template is very nice and useful, and can be added to a ton of pages, like Goku, Superman, Dante, Saber.

Template:Tab is just a way to organize subpages. Even without it, it would still be preferable to make pages of the same character/continuity be subpages instead of individual pages (this doesn't even change our page count either). This also will automatically categorize pages as well and make things much easier in the long run, so if you're against the use of sub pages simply because "we've never did them before", think about that first.

Game Sonic and all his versions are one composite page.

Archie Sonic and all his versions are another, for example.

Disambiguation pages are still a necessity though. For example, using Sonic:

Sonic Verse pages

• Game Universe
  • Archie Universe
Potential others go here

Sonic (Game)

• Classic
  • Adventure
  • Modern
  • Boom
  • Forces
Sonic (Archie)

• Pre Genesis
  • Post Genesis
  • King Sonic
Sonic (Fleetway)

Sonic (OVA)

Sonic (Sonic X)

So on and so forth. The bulletins are the subpages, it's far more organized that way.

Well, okay then. I may be too much on the conservative side.

VenomElite said:
You're gonna making a page for King Sonic? o_O
If he has notable feats/statistics that vary from the regular Pre Gen Sonic, then yes.

Separate pages are the only way. It makes no sense to have Class Sonic, Adventure Sonic, and Modern Sonic, then have one key for Super that applies to all three. It doesn't work like that.

The power of Super Sonic drastically changes from the different eras just like Base Sonic, yet people call Modern Super Sonic's 2-C feats outliers because of Adventure Super Sonic's 5-A and 4-A feats...when they don't do the same thing for the base version of Sonic...what logic is that??

Super Sonic specifically stronger against negative energy. The presumed maximum limit being Solaris as it took three super form to subdue the deity. Also Post Genesis multiverse is canon to game, so multiverse is infinite but this after Solaris already erased from timeline.

The fact that Sally doesn't exist in the games calls that into question. Also, post genesis universe, quick question: is it countless or infinite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back