• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New RWBY Volume 4 promo

RWBY Volume 4 Trailer (Live RTX 2016)
RWBY Volume 4 Trailer (Live RTX 2016)

The new promo for RWBY Volume 4 shows us some new abilities, costumes and Grimm creatures and im just asking whether i can place this info on the pages since these can be counted as spoilers....

But this is to ask whether i can include the things we see in the trailer into the pages...

Not to discuss the trailer

The tornado

The splitting in two of her semblance

The new Gorilla Grimm creature

a new picture of her new costume

A few of those durability feats

The grimm are actually smart, the gorrilla throwing the beowolf and what not.

She's running while shooting her rifle when the recoil should've pushed her back on each shot.

Her cape elongating.

Her semblance leaks rose petals despite being stationary.

Her semblance allowing her to make sharp turns midair.

Etc.

Looks to me that her semblance isn't wind at all.

I vote for waiting for the actual show as the actual show usually changes some things from the trailer.

Look at Red Trailer for example. Ruby has never shown those moves and the cross clip in the actual show.

I dont know, We havent seen a one on one fight wwith Ruby in the show, and the trailers do show their abilities and are counted int he page itself

And these arent really combo fighting moves, more semblance abilities..

We can at least add the grimm right, its apparently a Beringel...

Gemmysaur said:
She's running while shooting her rifle when the recoil should've pushed her back on each shot.
I believe Gravity Dust allows her to do that...

Also, i don't know if anyone knew this but the game Grimm Eclipse is canon, just thought i'd mention that

@Sir Ovens

I don't think so. The RED trailer shows us that "Gravity Dust" amps recoil by a significantly large amount. From the wiki, here's this.

Ruby then stands straight, observes the Beowolf armada, and ejects Crescent Rose's magazine, before flipping Crescent Rose's orientation. She then discharges Crescent Rose, and the Gravity Dust magazine she places in amplifies her recoil, causing her to fly forward at insanely fast speeds. She swiftly kills two more Beowolves, while the others look on in shock - just in time for Ruby to reach the large pack.

Also, wasn't "Gravity Dust" only hinted upon in the RWBY Chibi miniseries which is extremely non-canon since Pyrrha is alive? It was ep.3 when Ruby was trying out different mags and the Gravity Dust round flung her backwards. The original show never named it as far as I remember.

@WeeklyBattles

Grimm Eclipse is canon? Where was that stated?

@Grem, I mean it's kind of up in the air at the moment... Maybe Volume 4 will shed some light on this subject. Also, I believe it is written somewhere on the Steam updates page that Grimm Eclipse is canon.

P.S. By that I mean the Game's updates page.

Yeah its canon, i'll try to find the video where it was stated but the game's plot is canon to the main show's continuity and takes place between volumes 2 and 3. Plus the series writers Miles Luna and Kerry Shawcross are working on the story as well.

I see. Thanks for that.

Regardless, I still vote for waiting for the next season before furthering any upgrades or what not for RWBY.

Well sure I guess. I might calc some feats from it, but don't expect it to be better than their current ratings.

Back