• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Rule for Inconclusive Matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got permission from @KingTempest to post this. (Staff Only)

So I'll keep this short and simple, we currently don't have a time limit for inconclusive matches after grace starts for either character. The current rules for inconclusive state the following:
If both sides have equivalent posts with constructive arguments, the thread shall be deemed inconclusive.
  • Inconclusive matches, in which the opposing parties are incapable of defeating each other, should only added to profiles if they had a notable debate. A debate is considered notable, in this context, if it features a lengthy debate over an aspect not directly listed on profile.

We need to add a time limit after grace starts for either character. For example, if the vote count reaches 7-4 and the final verdict is 9-8, we can add another grace period for inconclusive the time limit will be 72 hours. Another example is this match, in which the final verdict was 10-10 and no new votes we're added since Monday, in this case grace for inconclusive would start and the match can be added.

To avoid matches being spammed as Inconclusive, the current rules with still apply. Grace for inconclusive should only be accepted if both parties had a lengthy debate it can be discussed in the match thread if the debate was notable, so on a case by case basis.

So here's how the new rule would look like:
If the final verdict did not have a minimum difference of three votes grace for inconclusive of 72 hours will begin the current rules for inconclusive will still apply, grace for inconclusive will only be added if both parties had a notable debate.

Note: Admin names are bolded.

Agree: @DarkDragonMedeus, @Mr._Bambu (Agrees with 72 hour grace), @Elizhaa, @Deagonx, @Colonel_Krukov (Agrees with 72 hour grace), @LordGriffin1000 (Agrees with 72 hour grace), @Firestorm808

Neutral:

Disagree:

Last edited:
Convenient timing, just woke up.

Yeah, we probably should put rules to stone regarding a time limit before a match falls to inconclusive. I agree with the basic idea. I think that it should be longer than 24 hours since the last vote- maybe 72 hours since last vote after having hit grace already.

I agree with Bambu of having a longer than normal timer than usual.

3 days sounds like the best option. Not too long, not too short. Hits the goldilocks zone for me personally.

Since its been accepted I've added it to the Inconclusive section underneath the bullet point about what a notable debate is (it was added before but then removed again for some reason).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back