• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New RP Concept Rules and How to Play

First, let me start by listing the roles that people can partake as.

Story Director: One person who creates and fleshes out a story and senarios for the characters to partake in. The Story Director has complete control over the story, setting, enviornment, characters and conflicts.

The Player: Ther person/people who partake and interact with the story that is presented to them by the Story Director.

Spectators: People who just wish to watch the RP without actually partaking in it.

HOW TO PLAY

Story Director:
Playing as the Director is rather simple. You basically just gotta present the players with certain situations to deal with and stories to progress through. You are basically God here. If you want some random event to happen, you can make it happen! If you wanna create a villain for the players to face off against, go for it!

When presenting the players with situations, make sure to describe each situation ind detail, such as what the area they're in looks like, what the characters they meet look like, and what's currently happening around the players. The Director needs to make sure that the players know what's going on.

The Director is also very important for determining whether the players succeed at perform certain actions. The Director's roll in this will involve thinking of a number between 1 and 20. The Director is allowed to choose whether or not the player has to guess the number when performing tasks. Which brings us to...

Performing Actions (Player): As stated above, the Director is essential for this. When attempting to perform an action, the Director will tell you to guess a number between 1 and 20. In order to succeed at the action you are trying to perform, you must guess a number that is at most 4 numbers away from the number that he thought up. If you guessed a close enough number, then you succeed at the action. However, if you guess a number that is more than 4 numbers away, you will fail at said task, and the Director must explain in detail how you fail it.

Finally, if you guess the exact number that the Director thought up, it makes you automatically succeed at whatever task you are attempting to do, even if it is absolutely rediculous (such as throwing a mountain into the sun). However, it only functions like this if you are not in combat. If the Director feels that a task should be very difficult to succeed at, he is allowed to make you guess the number he's thinking of more than once.

Advantage/Disadvantage:
Advantage and disadvantage are basically whether you have an easier or a harder time with the number guessing. Advantage allows you to give multiple attempts to guess the number that the Director had thought up. Disadvantage is basically where you have to guess close enough multiple times with the number changing each time.

Combat: Combat also heavily utilizes the number guessing system. There are 2 different types of combat. There's NCP combat where you are fighting an enemy/character being controlled by the Director and then there's player combat where the player fights another player. In combat, when the player wants to make an attack on the enemy, the Director has to think of the number and the player has to guess close to it, exactly the same as performing an action. However, if you guess the exact number that the Director thought up, instead of being able to do something incredibly rediculous, you simply add 20 damage on top of the damage that you would have normally done. If you didn't get close enough to the number, the you fail to hit the enemy with the attack.

Armor Class (Player): There are 3 different armor classes each with their own unique attributes and defense. Defense in this is measured by hit reduction and number guesses.

Class 1: This is the weakest armor class. With this class, you will have absolutely no hit reduction. However, with this armor class, you can force the attacker to guess a number twice, decreasing the chances of him hitting you. With this class, you will also have an advatage with movement and stealth based actions. For example: let's say you wan't to stealth (hide from the enemy). With this armor class, you will be able to have 2 chances to guess the number and be able to stealth.

Class 2: This is the most balanced out armor class. With this, you will have a damage reduction of 5 and won't have any advantage/disadvantage with movement and stealth based actions.

Class 3: This is the strongest armor class. It will give you a damage reduction of 10. However, with this class you will have a disadvantage with movement and stealth based actions. For example: if you wanted to stealth, you would have a disadvantage of 2, forcing you to guess the Directors numbers twice in order to succeed.

Character Stats: All players start out with 30 health initially. However, they are capable of increasing the amount of health they have by leveling up. Yep, there will be a leveling system in this. Whenever the player levels up, he will gain 10 health. On top of that, her will gain 3 points that he could add to either his durability or attack potency. At level one the amount needed to level up is 50 EXP. However, each time you level up, the amount needed to level up will increase by 50.

Powers and Hax: It is literally impossible to make up rules for every single power on this site. That is why it is up to the Director to come up with working mechanics involving those characters that everyone can agree on.

Possibly more coming soon...I need your input. What should be added/changed?

Idea by
TISSG7Redgrave: Sessions will be taken place in live chat.

"The Director is also very important for determining whether the players succeed at perform certain actions. The Director's roll in this will involve thinking of a number between 1 and 20. The Director is allowed to choose whether or not the player has to guess the number when performing tasks. Which brings us to..."

Why this specifically? Why not just have a roll-off as per standard Tabletop games? Is there a specific reason?

ThePerpetual said:
"The Director is also very important for determining whether the players succeed at perform certain actions. The Director's roll in this will involve thinking of a number between 1 and 20. The Director is allowed to choose whether or not the player has to guess the number when performing tasks. Which brings us to..."Why this specifically? Why not just have a roll-off as per standard Tabletop games? Is there a specific reason?
Is there a dice function on this wiki? As for as I can tell, there isn't a way to roll any physical or digital dice on this wiki that the other players can see. (Unless I'm horribly wrong in which case please correct me)

Unless there's some other method entirely that can work? I open to ideas and suggestions.

I made these rules specifically for the limitations of the wiki itself, not taking into account outside programs.

However, I suppose I could look into it and see if there's any dice program that can work.

One problem that I immediately noticed is that so far I don't see any programs in which all of the players can see at once. This make's it possible to lie about your roll, making cheating to be very, very easy.

I'm sure that you wouldn't cheat, but this is a wiki with hundreds of people, so there's bound to be cheaters.

We could attempt both ways to see how they work tho.

Back