• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New profile for Undertale's human race

This is my first content revision thread, so sorry if I make any mistakes with doing this, or just didn't organize it well.

I know there is very little about Undertale's human's, but if the vs battle community can make a profile for Gaster of all Undertale character's, I think it's within possibility to make a page for humans (as a race of course).

To begin, it's confirmed that humans can use magic, very powerful magic no less. There is the statement in the opening sequence, which is referencing their creation of the Barrier.

Some people say this is Toby being lazy, I disagree. The Barrier is one of the most relevant obstacles to overcome in the game, it's literally the reason why monsters are trapped underground, this isn't just a random plot hole.

The argument that it is a plot hole comes from the statement that they can't express themselves via magic, however this simply means they can't EXPRESS themselves with magic, it doesn't mean they can't use magic. Actually, due to the following line about them never being able to get (in other words make) a bullet pattern birthday card, that implies that they simply can't make bullet patterns/use Danmaku, which actually makes a lot of sense.

The Barrier was described as a spell, but I don't believe magic used by monsters was ever directly referred to as a spell throughout the entire game, I believe there are some other things worth noting as well that I'm having trouble remembering.

I should mention that in the Undertale art book, Toby mentions that he originally developed an entire system for SPELL's, the ITEM option actually replaced a previous option referred to as SPELL. There was going to be an entire stat for it referred to as EN.

(Just using this to divide certain sections of the thread)

Moving on from magic, let's get into hax.

Magic (for everything I said previously).

Determination (for obvious reasons).

Time Manipulation (although this would only apply to one person at a time due to how the SAVE files work in Undertale, meaning it isn't applicable to almost the entirety of the human race).

Healing (during the Omega Flowey fight the human souls were capable of healing Frisk's soul skip to 8:30).

Reactive Power Level via Determination. While Frisk has a soul of Determination specifically, that means they likely are just more determined than others, other humans should still have Reactive Power Level, just not on the same level as Frisk.

Ability to gain LOVE through killing (as referenced on Frisk's profile, and should apply to any human).

Reality manipulation (cause the ability applies to so many other abilities it's not even funny, but obviously only with high level's of DETERMINATION).

Regenerationn (unknown type but likely up to low-godly based on Frisk's feats, can recover physical and spiritual damage by consuming monster food).

Immortality ((type 3) only with unimaginable levels of Determination as stated on Frisk's profile).

Resistance to Soul Manipulation.

Since the humans created the Barrier, would that count as Creation?

Soul Absorbstion (humans can absorb monster souls, although this has never happened yet during the time of the game. There's a link to the part of the game where this is stated in the next section of the thread).

On to the tiers.

The War of Humans and Monsters (more specifically the text about it in Waterfall ). I'll give time stamps to the relevant parts of the playthrough for this thread. 1:18:16 through 1:18:45. 1:26:06 through 1:26:29. 1:29:00 through 1:29:16. 10:48 through 11:00. 2:21:41 through 2:22:11. (Last 2 are different videos because they had relevant dialogue I couldn't get in the first one linked)

Now that I have all of those links and time stamps out of the way, I'll get into what was stated.

In link 1, it's confirmed that literally every monster soul is only equal to a single human soul, there is over a hundred monsters in Undertale keep in mind. It's also stated that humans only have one weakness, and that weakness is the strength of their soul, because monsters who absorb human souls become very powerful, this could be taken as hyperbole, but I still think it's worth noting. If taken seriously, this means that monsters likely have no actual counter to humans at all other than soul absorbstion, which gives humans a ton of resistances.

In link 2, it confirms that humans also have soul absorbstion, however this only applies to monsters, and it's difficult to do when attempted on non boss monsters, since normal monster's have weak souls that shatter almost immediately after death.

In link 3, it states that the war was so one sided that it could hardly be called a war. The monsters didn't even take a single human soul during the war. Again putting into perspective how much stronger humans are than monsters.

In link 4, Undyne says that Gerson was apparently the toughest monster that ever lived, however, keep in mind that the previous link specifies that no humans were killed. Meaning that, even though Asgore, likely Toriel, and Gerson, a monster stronger than Asgore (as well as likely several other monsters of comparable strength) were in the war, none of them managed to kill a single human, Undyne also praises him as a hero just for surviving the war, meaning that just coming out of the war alive is an impressive feat for monsters.

In link 5, it's confirmed that 7 human magicians created the Barrier. It's stated that specifically a being with the power of 7 human souls can break the Barrier, implying that anything weaker than this cannot.

After citing all of this, it's time to get into the tiers humans should be placed in, it's worth noting that the only humans monsters have actually killed at this point (in the game) are children, so, while they're still stronger than any human irl, these children are far weaker than Undertale's human adults, it's even possible that Frisk isn't that strong for Undertale's humans.

I'll start with the fact that humans are stronger than monsters, which puts the base tier for humans at highend 9-A until monsters get upgraded (if that happens). However it should be noted that humans can reach 2-C and 2-B via Determination.

The next thing to mention is the Barrier. It's confirmed that 7 human magicians created the Barrier. The Barrier can tank the destruction of the timeline easily, it's visually shown that Asriel (a multiversal being) likely used a significant amount of effort to break the Barrier in the scene where he breaks it (28:14), however that could just be considered dramatic effect I suppose, and it's not a very strong point either way, just thought it was one worth noting. However what I really want to mention is the claim that it's necessary for someone to have at least the power of 7 human souls to break the Barrier. Omega Flowey only has the power of 6, this directly states that Omega Flowey, a being who can casually create and destroy timelines (not to mention is implied to be more powerful than Chara ), is incapable of destroying the Barrier. Meaning that 7 of Undertale's humans are capable of creating a structure with very likely multiversal durability.

Edit: As I've realized and discussed with Adem, the humans used some form of weapons during the war which I will discuss later in an edited version of the standard equipment section, likely weapons that gave stat buffs comparable to or greater than the Worn Dagger, which gives a buff of 15 ATT, a fairly significant increase.

Overall, I'd do it like this: At least Small Building level, higher with weapons (humans are stated to be vastly superior to monsters. Humans used weapons during the war which should be similar to the weapons seen in the game) | At least Low Multiverse level, likely Multiverse level via Magic and Determination (Scale to Frisk. Created the Barrier which has been stated to only be destructible by a being with the power of 7 human souls)

As for other stats:

Speed: Scales to monsters who should be much slower than them.

Lifting Strength: Unknown

Striking Strength: Should be equal to AP.

Durability: Equal to AP

Stamina: Immense, based on the ability of Determination.

Range: Should be standard melee range via physical strength and weapons. To Low Multiversal or Multiversal via magic and Determination.

Standard equipment: Unknown, however it is known that humans used weapons during the war based on the opening sequence. The types of weapons and consistency of use is unknown. However, since common items not used for combat are used to increase statistics by a small albeit noticeable amount, such as a Toy Knife, Worn Notebook, or a Burnt Pan. It's likely that any weapons during the war, which would be highly lethal weapons designed for combat, should give a large increase in stats, likely comparable to or greater than the stat increase of the Worn Dagger. Humans also very likely wore actual armor during the war, as well.

Intelligence: Should be at least average to genius, since they should be comparable to or greater than real life humans in that aspect based on the little amount of human culture we learn in the game. We know anime is a thing for example, and the technology shown, aside from futuristic things created by Alphys and Gaster, seems comparable to current real life technology. The planet it takes place on is stated to be Earth several times as well, and the surface looks fairly similar to the modern day world based on what we see at the end of the Pacifist Route.

Weaknesses: Only the fact that monsters can absorb their souls, maybe, if not, then none notable.

Notable attacks/techniques: None.

Keys: Base, with weapons | Magic and Determination.

Kardeshev: At least 0.73.

Bump. Should I clean up the post a bit? I've noticed a few mistakes throughout it and might wanna add a few new links. Edit: Fixed some grammatical errors and added a few links.

And I don't think The 1 Human soul equals Every monster is a hyperbole as After Flowey absorbed the 6 human souls and every monster Soul (except Napstablock) was equal to 7 human souls

Adem Warlock69 said:
And I don't think The 1 Human soul equals Every monster is a hyperbole as After Flowey absorbed the 6 human souls and every monster Soul (except Napstablock) was equal to 7 human souls
It definitely isn't a hyperbole, if anything I think that's one of the most likely to be true statements out of the statements I listed.

I just realized something. In the intro we see humans using numerous weapons. We see a primitive looking spear, a sword, two more spears, an object that looks to be a torch, a sword, and then another object that I can't really describe, although it appears to be emitting flames. I made an edit to the standard equipment section of the page, and was about to make a second edit, then canceled it all and came down here cause I thought it would be better. In Undertale, even standard objects that shouldn't be used for combat can increase statistics, even a Toy Knife, a Worn Notebook, and a Frying Pan, which can definitely hurt a lot but still isn't a reliable weapon. The Real Knife in particular can increase stats by 99. So, assuming that the weapons used during the war have similar properties to the items used for ATT and DEF, which isn't that unlikely, especially when you take into account the fact that all of said items were used specifically by humans, then a sword like the two we see in the intro sequence might be massively stronger than even the Real Knife.

This would seem to suggest that humans soldiers commonly and consistently carry equipment raising their stats to potentially over 99, which would mean that you'd constantly have people with AP and durability higher than Undyne the Undying, that partially explains why humans so severely outclass monsters.

Something I also noticed during the intro was something I've never seen pointed out before. In the shot with two humans in front, there is a whole group of humans behind them, and 7, specifically 7 humans behind them have somewhat viewable eyes, which makes them stand out above the others, not counting the ones with weapons, and in the second image of this shot, the statement of humans making the Barrier with a magic spell is given.

This implies that, literally during the opening sequence, we see the silhouettes of the 7 human magicians who made the Barrier standing there, although I might be making a bit of a stretch with that, it's still worth noting. Since none of the magicians seem to be carrying weapons, while the two people in the front who stand out even more than the magicians are carrying weapons, then again, I might be making a bit of a stretch here, but this could mean that there are both human magicians, and human warriors, the former using magic similarly to monsters (likely with low physical strength), and the latter using weapons (likely with low magical strength). If you really wanted to go far with this, you could theorize that Frisk might be a warrior type of human, since they don't use magic but have seemingly high physical strength, assuming this theory is even true in the first place, which it may not be, although none of this speculative stuff could actually be added to the profile, if it's actually made, I feel, only the stuff I talked about before I pointed out the 7 humans in the intro, so just consider the completely speculative stuff irrelevant to the point of the thread, actually I might go make a general discussion about it.

Any thoughts on all of this? And any suggestions for the actual thread?

Erm....I don't think those weapons are above 99 ATK, the Only reason why the Real Knife has 99 ATK, Is because of its correlation with Chara, without that correlation it's only 14 ATK.

And The Humans being stronger than Undyne the Undying doesn't make much sense, Undyne the Undying has kept up with Geno Frisk who is a threat to both Monsters and Humans and would have destroyed them all, and even Genocide Frisk (Ruins) should be above those Humans as unless not a single Humans tried to tap Asgore with his Sword, Asgore is able to survive hits from those Humans, but Geno Frisk one shot Toriel (who has the same Def as Asgore) So them being>Undyne the Undying doesn't make much sense.

I don't think it makes much sense for Chara's existence to somehow be affecting it, what are you basing that on? Although I'm not sure why the Worn Dagger is changed to the Real Knife from Neutral/Pacifist to Genocide.

All good points, nevermind what I said, I was just kind of in the moment and began wanting to theorize on how powerful the human weapons were, but should I still mention the fact that they had weapons? Athough, about the "unless not a single Humans tried to tap Asgore with his Sword, Asgore is able to survive hits from those Humans", I won't argue anything like Asgore not being in his prime during the game, but is it a stretch to say he may not have gotten hit? The fact that Undyne praises Gerson as a hero for surviving the war, a monster who is, by her own claim, stronger than Asgore, someone she considers herself basically fodder compared to, would suggest that he could have either gotten lucky or been extremely cautious and managed to prevent getting hit, and keep in mind that he can use Danmaku, which allows him to attack from a range, but I still agree that I was going a little overboard in saying that all human soldiers were stronger than Undyne the Undying.

However, it doesn't change that humans during the war did clearly use weapons that should be comparable to or stronger than the Worn Dagger which has a 15 ATT buff, and, while not highly impressive, isn't weak either, an average human weapon during the war should have at least 15 ATT or higher. So do you have any suggestions for what could be added to the thread for that?

Well it's likely the Reason why The Dagger and the Locket suddenly have 99 ATK or DEF in Genocide, but When Frisk Isn't possessed they only 14 ATK or DEF.

Well he was the one that lead the monsters and was in the Front Row, he also was able to kill the 6 humans souls, but he probably attacked with Range.

Well the're already Above every monster by a massive amount, but I guess they could get a "...Higher with weapons"

Adem Warlock69 said:
Well it's likely the Reason why The Dagger and the Locket suddenly have 99 ATK or DEF in Genocide, but When Frisk Isn't possessed they only 14 ATK or DEF.
Well he was the one that lead the monsters and was in the Front Row, he also was able to kill the 6 humans souls, but he probably attacked with Range.

Well the're already Above every monster by a massive amount, but I guess they could get a "...Higher with weapons"
Well, on Genocide, it's not Worn Dagger or Heart Locket, the items are Real Knife and The Locket. I also still think it's a stretch to assume that Chara's presence on the Genocide Route causes them to change, I know what you're saying and I get why, but it's still a big assumption. It could just be a random addition Toby made to it, because it fits the Genocide Route theme, I mean, the ATT and DEF buff's from the items mean nothing when you just end up fighting Sans next who doesn't care about ATT and DEF. And you'd obviously one shot Asgore either way.

True. I also forgot to mention in my last reply how good Asgore is at dodging. Undyne and him trained VERY frequently, and I believe Undyne specified that she always went all out, while Asgore took it easy and held back, I think also giving her advice during the fight, yet she only hit him once out of all their matches. It's even worse when you consider that Undyne has Danmaku yet still only hit him once. As for the 6 human souls, yes he did, but remember that he only killed children, which is important. Undyne praises Asgore and claims that no human has ever made it past him, as well as that Asgore is so much stronger than herself that killing you during her fight would be an act of mercy, yet some of her dialogue is apart of a lot that solidifies humans being incomparably stronger than monsters. So unless Asgore is actually comparable to humans, which is unlikely since no human was even killed during the war, and the difference in power between human souls to monster souls, the human children were likely just really weak compared to the soldiers in the war. I think it's implied that a few, or at least one them were/was actually killed by normal monsters, which are absolute fodder compared to Asgore.

Good point. I'll go an edit it right after I post this.

I think it would be a lot easier to just create a normal page with a key for each human-related thing shown, such as:

Child | Adult | Human + Monster fusion | 6 SOULs working together | 7 SOULs working together

That'd be a lot easier than to just force them into a civilization page.

Super Ascended Sean Pazdera said:
RinneItachi said:
I think it's implied that a few, or at least one them were/was actually killed by normal monsters, which are absolute fodder compared to Asgore.
That's not implied; in fact the opposite is implied.
How so?

I think it would be a lot easier to just create a normal page with a key for each human-related thing shown, such as:
Child | Adult | Human + Monster fusion | 6 SOULs working together | 7 SOULs working together

That'd be a lot easier than to just force them into a civilization page.
I wouldn't count human children in it since we have no idea how powerful the children were, we have a vague idea of how strong the adult human soldiers in the war were, but the only thing we really have to go off of for the children is the strength of their souls and the fact that they are weaker than Asgore, we don't even know how they scale to most monsters. Adults sure, but I'd prefer the term soldiers for that key. Human+Monster fusion is...eh, I mean, we know that Asriel with Chara's soul was capable of slaughtering an entire village of humans, which shows that even with one human soul, a monster gains an absolutely ludicrous jump in power, but I wouldn't add something like that to the human page, especially because we don't know if a human would get the same increase, as I say in the thread, a human has NEVER absorbed a monster soul at the time of the game, and I'd rather not assume the increase is the same. Actually wait I just realized, why doesn't Asriel have a key for when they absorb Chara's soul? Someone should make a CRT for that, I might do that actually if I can find the statements online. 6 souls working together? I don't think that would make sense, same for 7 souls working together. I really think it should just be:

Human soldiers, higher with weapons | With Magic and Determination

Or at least something similar to that. It would just be nicer for the profile overall I feel, but it doesn't matter for now what the profile looks like, because who knows if it'll actually get added anyways.

RinneItachi said:
Actually wait I just realized, why doesn't Asriel have a key for when they absorb Chara's soul? Someone should make a CRT for that, I might do that actually if I can find the statements online. 6 souls working together?

Or at least something similar to that. It would just be nicer for the profile overall I feel, but it doesn't matter for now what the profile looks like, because who knows if it'll actually get added anyways.
I was actually making a profile for Pre-Death Asriel, both as a kid and with Chara absorbed.

That's a good idea actually, a new profile for pre-death, obviously kid/base Asriel would be the first key, but since there's absolutely nothing known about his abilities other than the fact that he can walk across the entire Underground while holding Chara and the fact that he should be stronger than normal monsters just due to him being the child of Asgore and Toriel. Most of his stats would just be likely's, then the second key could be with Chara's soul, which I already discussed the stats (not in game, I mean what his profile stats would be) and powers would be in the other thread I made.

But, while I do think a new profile would be good, it's fine to also put the two new keys in his current profile, but I can't decide that obviously, just do what you want, I'm only trying to get pre-death Asriel added in general.

RinneItachi said:
That's a good idea actually, a new profile for pre-death, obviously kid/base Asriel would be the first key, but since there's absolutely nothing known about his abilities other than the fact that he can walk across the entire Underground while holding Chara and the fact that he should be stronger than normal monsters just due to him being the child of Asgore and Toriel. Most of his stats would just be likely's, then the second key could be with Chara's soul, which I already discussed the stats (not in game, I mean what his profile stats would be) and powers would be in the other thread I made.
Here's what I've got so far.

More; Undyne knew that Chara was going to kill every human on the PLANET.
I know, but Undyne probably means Chara would have killed everyone on the Surface overtime

I don't think he can automatically be shot up to City Block level for his profile. There is nothing concrete that would put him there, it's just an estimate based the statements supporting Asriel's strength after absorbing Chara's soul, speaking of, why do you refer to it as fusion? It was only stated to be absorbstion, it was never stated that a monster can fuse with a human, only absorb their souls, and that humans could do so to monsters. I would still go with "At least Small Building level, likely far higher", because it's the most accurate description for him that could be used. Also, it was never stated to be a "town" of humans, but a village, furthermore, we don't know how Asriel escaped the humans or how much difficulty he had doing so, we only know that he got back to the Undergroud with Chara in his arms. I'm also not sure why you would add things for his adult self, since Asriel's strength as an adult is entirely theoretical at best. "Heightened due to Asriel and Chara's minds fusing as well as their bodies" their minds and bodies didn't fuse, not only did Asriel literally have Chara's body in his arms, but their minds were separate and had different goals. As for Large Building level striking strength, again, I don't think that could be used, just "At least Small Building level, likely far higher". Other than those things I think it's fine, for the most part.

Yeah but it would still take many years if it was still just her walking around.
While I won't make a claim like Chara killing them over a long period of time being what Undyne had in mind, even though it is a possibility, it's not deniable that we don't know what Undyne meant, and we also don't know if Undyne has full knowledge of the human races power, all we know is that Undyne thought Chara would destroy both humans and monsters. And keep in mind she could be taking things such as LOVE and getting better equipment into account, it doesn't necessarily mean that Chara at the time of encountering Undyne could kill all the humans.

RinneItachi said:
I don't think he can automatically be shot up to City Block level for his profile. There is nothing concrete that would put him there, it's just an estimate based the statements supporting Asriel's strength after absorbing Chara's soul, speaking of, why do you refer to it as fusion? It was only stated to be absorbstion, it was never stated that a monster can fuse with a human, only absorb their souls, and that humans could do so to monsters. I would still go with "At least Small Building level, likely far higher", because it's the most accurate description for him that could be used. Also, it was never stated to be a "town" of humans, but a village, furthermore, we don't know how Asriel escaped the humans or how much difficulty he had doing so, we only know that he got back to the Undergroud with Chara in his arms. I'm also not sure why you would add things for his adult self, since Asriel's strength as an adult is entirely theoretical at best. "Heightened due to Asriel and Chara's minds fusing as well as their bodies" their minds and bodies didn't fuse, not only did Asriel literally have Chara's body in his arms, but their minds were separate and had different goals. As for Large Building level striking strength, again, I don't think that could be used, just "At least Small Building level, likely far higher". Other than those things I think it's fine, for the most part.
He's City Block Level due to being much, MUCH stronger than people who are already thousands of times superior to characters that are already well above baseline Small Building Level.

I deliberately didn't include an extra key for adult him, I merely added that he'd be far stronger as an adult, because, well, that's exactly what would happen.

It's referred to as fusing with the soul in the game, and Asriel specifically stated that Chara's mind was fused as well.

RinneItachi said:
He's City Block Level due to being much, MUCH stronger than people who are already thousands of times superior to characters that are already well above baseline Small Building Level.
I deliberately didn't include an extra key for adult him, I merely added that he'd be far stronger as an adult, because, well, that's exactly what would happen.

It's referred to as fusing with the soul in the game, and Asriel specifically stated that Chara's mind was fused as well.
I understand that, and that wasn't my point, my point was that we don't have any direct scale or direct statements that would put him there, he could be higher or lower, and I don't think it's fair to assume that soul power directly scales to AP. If we could just put a character at a higher tier because they're way stronger than another character, Asgore would be above Small Building level, but he isn't.

Again, I understnad that, and that wasn't my point, I just wouldn't have included anything for his adult self because we know nothing about his power other than that he would be stronger to an unknown extent.

Where, and where?

Back