• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Logo

Ryukama

Joke Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
In case you guys have not noticed already, I have made a new logo for this site that is featured on the front page. Feel free to tell me what you think about it. If you like or dislike it. Have any suggestions on how it should look or if we should go back to good old Isiah Mustafa. Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
It's a good logo that would avoid copyright issues... :p
But I feel like it kinda loses the jokey feel to it. Isiaf Mustafa was pretty funny.

Maybe make it a cardboard cutout of Michael Rosen's Face.
Lol I'm glad someone liked Isaiah Mustafa. Don't worry he'll always be this site's mascot. I just felt that the site deserved something more personal than just a picture of a celebrity. And it wouldn't help that my classmates would always go "why are you on sites with shirtless men" whenever I'd log on in front of them xD

I think we shouldn't use mainstream dank memes or anything like that.

Try and find something universal instead of just following the bandwagon, considering how quickly and suddenly the trends seem to just... die out.

Isiah Mustafa was a good idea. He has just the right amount of memetic value to him without following the bandwagon. We need something like that. (Not suggesting that we should drop him, though)

But then again, this website is a special website, so we can't really take the mascot of all things too seriously :p (I'm more of a Terry Crews guy myself. DOUBLE SUN POWER!) I stick to my point about the bandwagon though. Most memes nowadays die off like this --
Dead like this

Once again really glad you liked Isaiah Mustafa. ANd Terry Crews is amazing as well. I just think a logo would be better for this site.

If the logo is staying, do you think it should be in the center like it is now? Or to the right like VS Battles has?

I made it on a free app called Gimp that Blue was kind enough to introduce to me and show me how to use. I found a stock purple diamond. Used the app to combine two different stock swords into one. Then put the sword over the logo. Lastly I captioned it with this site.

Thanks.

I personally think we should consider what we would do if we kept a mascot, and then consider what we'd do if we kept the logo, and then do a poll between the two.

@Cross Thank you very much.

@Arbitrary Alright. I appreciate your honest yet opening opinion.

I have just added a wordmark (aka the logo at the top left corner) What does everyone think of that?

No problem. I like that you set it in a way similar to how VSBW had. I do get a feel of prefessionalism from it because of how it looks now (mainly because the text looks more "formal" than before of y'all originally had) but at the same time i feel that it doesn't take awy much of what JBW "feels" like. @Ryukama

@Cross Yeah that was the idea. I feel the stock text and Isaiah Mustafa was a bit too amateur, even for a ridiculous, joke site like ours. And since this wiki is meant to be a silly somewhat parody of VS, I thought it'd only be natural we have our own silly logo inspired by theirs. I'm extremely happy you got what I was going for.

Well I have to run errands. I'll see you guys later.

@Alex thx! ßæ½Ô£ºßù£Ô£ºßæÀ

Thanks Soy. Since it seems like the vast majority likes the logo, and everyone seems to be at least alright with having, I suppose it'd be best we keep it.

I had an amazing time thank you very much. However it was quite tiring. I'm going to go to sleep in a few minutes. After that I'll be readily available like I usual.

See you as well b0ss. Good night :)

Back