• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Forum Location

If I may make a suggestion, instead of a white background, how about a thick white outline around the shield and the word Battles?
Sorry I can't do that.

Or if that's too difficult, seeing how there's a shadow in the logo, changing the white to the really light blue the rest of the wiki has?
You mean like this?

Derptestwordmark

I agree that the light blue background might work better though.

If I'm understanding what Derp is saying correctly, this is what his suggestion would look like.

Derptesttheme

Isn't the wordmark supposed to replace the "Vs Battles Wiki" text?

@Sera I tried with Joke Battles, you can't leave that text section blank.

Well, if anybody knows how to replace the header with the new one that has light blue background, feel free to do so.

If it does not look good, we can try the white background instead.

No problem. Do you want me to add this one then? Or use the white one/try another one?

If you mean the image didn't load for you, here it is again.

Derptesttheme

If you mean it doesn't show up on the Wiki, that's because I haven't changed the theme yet. I wanted to know what you want first. Blue background, white background or something else?

I meant that it has not shown up in the wiki yet. Light blue background is fine thank you.

Alright then. I have added it to the wiki. Refresh and you should see it.

Okay. I have taken a screen capture. You can try with the white background as well, so I can compare.

Antvasima said:
Okay. I have taken a screen capture. You can try with the white background as well, so I can compare.
Done.

I have a hard time choosing between the two images, but am leaning towards the one with a white background. What do the rest of you think?

@Ant I personally think both would be acceptable solutions to this new layout problem. You're free to chose which one you like better of course.

Well, I suppose that we can start with the one with a white layout, unless several staff members reply here that they prefer the other one.

Not a problem. Like I said before, happy to help you and the site.

On second thought, the top of the page now says "VS Battles" and "VS Battles Wiki" next to each other. It looks redundant and inappropriate. Perhaps we should remove the header in its entirety for the time being?

The logo on the header looks out of place, that giant white rectangle is killing everything up there. Everything else is way neater though 10/10.

I think that the second version, with the small logo image, looks better.

Would you like me to add that one then?

Antvasima said:
On second thought, the top of the page now says "VS Battles" and "VS Battles Wiki" next to each other. It looks redundant and inappropriate. Perhaps we should remove the header in its entirety for the time being?
Yeah most wikis now have that problem. The Mass Effect wiki has the Mass Effect logo and "Mass Effect Wiki" next to it....don't know why they prevented the wordmark from replacing the original text.

@Ven

Because you can change the text. It doesn't have to say "VS Battles Wiki", it can say "Debating Index" if you wanted. The wordmark also doesn't have to say VS Battles. It can say anything. Depends on what the administration want for their wiki.

@VenomElite You can contact the Fandom staff about the issue if you wish. I have already sent them two requests today, so it may be inappropriate if I send a third.

Never mind, Sera's right. An admin could simply change the text on their wiki; forgot about that.

@Ryukama Thank you.

@VenomElite How do I do that?

Back