• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Forum Location

No header is probably best for the moment, yes. At least unless VenomElite knows how to remove the "VS Battles Wiki" text. In that case we can use the "VS Battles" header with white background again.

So, in regards to the new renovation, we no longer have a standard format for page creation, and that really, really helped me out back then. I still have a lot of profiles to make, especially Pokemon.

Anyway, here is my correspondence so far with the Fandom staff. Kirkburn was the one who replied. He is always polite and helpful:

Hello.

I noticed the new layout for our wiki, and it looks nice.

However, I just want to reiterate that we are extremely dependent on our old message board system, with 17189 discussion threads in sum total, so we would be very grateful if we could please continue to use it side-by-side with the new system. Switching would very likely completely cripple our abilities to communicate with each other, which would lead to chaos.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hey Antvasima,

Thanks for getting in touch. If Special:Forum is not currently linked in your page header, you are free to link it in one of the customizable headings. Would that be an issue for you?

No. It is fine as it is. We are just extremely worried that the message board will eventually be removed from our wiki. We likely would not be able to make the wiki function properly at all then.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ah, I will make sure to communicate your concerns to the team. I should note, more development is planned for Discussions, which should help bring more parity to the features.

Well, atleast now they are listening. Back when this feature was announced, they didn't listen to the complaints

Yes, let's all hope that we can keep using the message board. I have no idea how we are going to manage othervise.

I also sent the Fandom staff a request to bring back the standard format option (that A6colute designed for us) when creating new profile pages, as it saves a considerable amount of time.

Took some getting used to. Also, I would like to add that the wiki is overall faster now for me so that's nice.

Back