• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Discussion Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carrying on from this thread.

The Subject of Admirals at Marineford has been discussed to death by those most familiar with the verse. All of whom agree that Admirals should not scale to Whiteboard.

@Antvasima Already said this about it:

"We do have to consider that the staff only have limited time and energy to handle a massive number of tasks, and the regular members should accept their decisions and not repeat the same arguments over and over.

If that is not possible, we sometimes have to enforce new discussion rules"

I could go on, really I could type up a very long post about this and will if the best minds ask me to But @Antvasima has a tendency to not read my posts so I'll let the previous thread speak for itself along with the other experts

IMPORTANT: I rather only the best minds of the verse weighed in here. Specifically @The_Calaca , @CinCameron20 , & @Damage3245 . Ultimately the decision comes down to @Antvasima who although he doesn't contribute much to One Piece discussion does put a lot of weight in these guys.

If you're not staff, @-ing people here won't notify them.

"by those most familiar with the verse" " I rather only the best minds of the verse weighed in here. Specifically The_Calaca , CinCameron20 , & Damage3245"

You mean the people who support your side of the argument, you can't really have a valid discussion if you only want people who are on one side of the argument to discuss this. Not saying Damage, Calaca or Cin aren't knowledgeable or familiar with the verse but I don't believe that's how a discussion on this magnitude is conducted

"by those most familiar with the verse" " I rather only the best minds of the verse weighed in here. Specifically The_Calaca , CinCameron20 , & Damage3245"

You mean the people who support your side of the argument, you can't really have a valid discussion if you only want people who are on one side of the argument to discuss this. Not saying Damage, Calaca or Cin aren't knowledgeable or familiar with the verse but I don't believe that's how a discussion on this magnitude is conducted
Two of them were actively discussing Admiral scaling just fine in that thread btw.

I think I'd need to see the exact wording on what the discussion rule would be before I can agree with it or not.

Threads are restricted to the most knowledgeable or staff only All the time. Particularly on matters known to get out of hand.

I think I'd need to see the exact wording on what the discussion rule would be before I can agree with it or not.
@The_Calaca gave one. Here is another.

No one, Admiral or otherwise, scales to Whiteboard's 6-B calculation, nor to any healthy Yonko, based on feats acquired at Marineford. The topic has been discussed hundreds of times over the years with nothing left to discuss. Whiteboard's health was deteriorating and no longer applicable.

Note this leaves it open for new feats to be considered outside of that mess.

Last edited:
I agree that this should be a discussion rule. The Admirals have no business scaling to Whitebeard (at least to his DF feats. They only have ONE case of an Admiral stopping a physical attack from Whitebeard--which could totally be considered an outlier given cases shown after the fact). Pretty much due to the fact that people keep bringing it up with unsupporting/irrelevant cases, or just repeating the same arguments.

Feats at Marineford do not support Admirals having power comparable to Whitebeard (At best, only that they are NOT massively weaker than him), and all of their feats of hurting him consist of dura-negating powers, and only Akainu actually received hits from WB--2 that bodied him while the latter was one foot in the grave.

It doesn't necessarily matter anyways since--again--when it comes to the gap between WB and the Admirals, there wont be a massive one anyways--whether we go with Damage's or my proposal of "High 7-A vs 6-C" or "6-C vs 6-C+".

This seems fair, but we should have an appropriate wording on the discussion rules list.

This is very arguable. The 3 main admirals are not as strong as Whitebeard, but they are not overwhelmingly weaker either.

This is very arguable. The 3 main admirals are not as strong as Whitebeard, but they are not overwhelmingly weaker either.
If you mean weakend White Beard okay. If you mean healthy then your statement is baseless.

What else needs to be done before this is implemented?

I think it should be, but for the sake of fairness, maybe we should give the OP a chance to respond? Granted, the nearly unanimous staff decision seems to be in favor of rejecting his proposal anyway.

Okay. I will do so for the sake of efficiency then. My apologies if anybody takes offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back