• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Discussion Rule for One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
Since a lot of discussion has been occurring during the latest months, with several threads discussing the same topic in hundreds of posts, me and pretty much every person who has dealt with it are in agreement of creating a discussion rule. It'd be like this.

• Do not create threads to upgrade the Admirals based on Marineford events. The feats don't bring enough evidence for them scaling to the Yonko.
I know it's a bit loose and vague, so I'm open to suggestions.

This trascends the 6-B rating which is being revised, because the Admirals would anyway have to scale to 1/3 Whitebeard's rating anyway. So this is a rule for the scaling based on Marineford War events.

Yeah, obviously I support this. They at best get 1/3 of MF WB who was a nerfed Yonko anyway.

This is ridiculous I'm literally the only person on the wiki who argues for this. You can't make a discussion rule for one man !

If nothing else it makes you look bad.

You're not the first one.

Even if it's for one man, this topic goes forever once it starts. It's really tiresome to deal with once the arguments are repeated over and over.

Plus, our currently only discussion rule for OP was done for a single person pushing the same topic to hell and back just like you do.

I agree and think that this should be added to the verse page.

@LordWhis

You have to stop man, every single day you try to upgrade the admirals based on the same debunked argument. That tires you know?

@rei rubro: If I'm just one loser with a weak argument then what's the need for a discussion rule ? Why go through all the trouble for stupid old me who isn't liked by a single mod and is basically a laughing stock on this wiki, I have no power to get a crt done. Whenever I try to upgrade a character I end up downgrading the character I scale him from. I'm no threat.

Checkmate.

We need it so if you insist despite all the advice to not do so you stop. Otherwise, you get a punishment for breaking a rule.

Actual checkmate.

LordWhis said:
@rei rubro: If I'm just one loser with a weak argument then what's the need for a discussion rule ? Why go through all the trouble for stupid old me who isn't liked by a single mod and is basically a laughing stock on this wiki, I have no power to get a crt done. Whenever I try to upgrade a character I end up downgrading the character I scale him from. I'm no threat.

Checkmate.
Lol I disagree with scaling the Admirals to the Yonko at this point, but I understand your frustration on this site. You are not a laughing stock. Try not to take it too seriously. These calcs are all just estimates in the end. And this is supposed to be a place for fun that becomes more of a rage fest when your ideas and arguments are ignored. Oda could suddenly make Mihawk cut a planet in half or make a building kill Kaido and make everyone here (including me) look like an idiot. The best thing we can do is to wait for feats. Once we see a convincing enough feat (which I'm sure we will) then your arguments will have more merit.

Addressing what you wrote, I believe that you are right. There is no reason to make an entire rule. They can simply ignore you like they usually do me. Or they can simply end the conversation with, "We already talked about this." I feel like the mods abuse their power here, which is why I rarely argue here anymore. I literally would make arguments for a character, have it disregarded several times and later they make some random calc accepting the stat that I was using common sense and logic to argue for. In the end, it is Oda's story. Once he shows real feats, the facts will be indisputable.

Well, if LordWhis agrees to stop constantly arguing about this, we won't have to create a discussion rule.

@Antvasima I feel this is fair. I don't really understand what has been going on or how hard he has been trying to push this, but I feel like this entire thing against one person is just borderline bullying. If he is the only person arguing it, then couldn't you guys just ignore him? I feel like this site shouldn't really become this type of place since we all really love these characters and pitting them against each other in theoretical battles. Again, I don't know how far he went, but this whole thing just seems really excessive.

@LordWhis You shouldn't keep pushing the issue. If they have all agreed against your argument then there is only one thing you can do: wait for better feats. I actually agree with them about not scaling the Admirals to WB, he was clearly above them all individually. We'll get better feats from the Admirals when they become more prevalent to the story. So just agree to their terms.

He's not the first one, however, he's the most stubborn, insisting over the same points.

We're tired of discussing the same matter to just read him complaining and pointing that X character should be Y tier.

I don't want to pick on @Whis as that is not the point of a rule. I just think it is quicker and simpler to install the rule now so this does NOT have to come up again be it Whis or the potential for someone else. Its not unlike any other discussion rule we make as long as we make it clear (And I think we have at this point) we aren't bullying Whis.

But ultimately its Ant's decision. Hopefully this won't be brought up again is all I'm saying.

We do have to consider that the staff only have limited time and energy to handle a massive number of tasks, and the regular members should accept their decisions and not repeat the same arguments over and over.

If that is not possible, we sometimes have to enforce new discussion rules, yes. However, it is better if LordWhis can simply promise to permanently drop this issue.

A single individual being incorrect does not warrant an entire Discussion Rule for a verse, that's a bit asinine.

I understand the allegation that 'it's not only LordWhis' but I haven't seen any relevant threads of others arguing the point the OP references, nor have I seen any users not drop the point after a single discussion.

It's frivolous and would lead to people attempting to dogpile Discussion Rules on self-evident things; just ignore the people who are blatantly incorrect, don't let them make upgrades as such, and move on.

It isn't that simple. The staff has to address important issues, but topics that repeat too frequently should be addressed with discussion rules, so we do not waste too much time.

My issue was moreso with the claim of hundreds of threads (calaca's words in his OP) having this discussion; even the main perpetrator as of recent (LordWhis) believed himself to be the only person arguing for it.

If someone espousing a contentious view cannot find, on this wiki, much support for their viewpoint, why would we bother with a discussion rule on it? It's overreactive.

Your choice ultimately though, Ant. It's a simple overreaction that serves next to no purpose from a general perspective however.

Someone accepting evidence is usually preferable, yes. That's why I think that should be the route taken instead of making a rule for one specific person.

Honestly, this is all just back and forth at this point. We all have our stances, but ultimately we should all just wait for LordWhis' response to this. I'm sure he understands. I just hope that he didn't get too offended. I know that all of this is stemming from frustration, but just remember to consider each other's feelings. Let's not make this a bigger deal than it is.

@LordWhis

Are you willing to stop being a problem in this regard, or do we have to create a discussion rule for this?

Ok, fine I'll drop it for now.

I didn't reply earlier because my breakdown when I wrote my message on this thread caused me to abstain from everything One Piece-related for a few days and also I was kind of scared that I'd open this thread and see a lot of messages making fun of me but I'm fine now.

@swordguyz: I actually only started pushing this very recently.

@Calaca

Is it fine to avoid a rule if LordWhis avoids this topic from now on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back