• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Ability - Burrowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

KieranH10

VS Battles
Retired
Aight, so a while ago I had the realization that we lack an ability for characters who can burrow or dig beneath the ground.
Iirc there's characters who have been given Earth Manipulation for some reason simply for digging quickly (Granted, I cant remember any profiles off the top of my head), but this seems very wrong to me.
While theoretically, a character with Earth Manipulation would be capable of feats like this, not all characters that dig do so through Earth Manipulation, and often do it through other means.

Characters that can burrow beneath the ground should have it listed as an ability, not anyone can do it, it is an ability much like Flight or Acrobatics.

It should also obviously be noted that not anyone with a shovel would be granted this power, only those who have shown a supernatural ability to burrow beneath the ground such as those listed in the Notable Users on the Blog.

I also presented this idea in this thread already and the general consensus seems to be that it should be an ability. I have also Created a full Blog for this ability and it's page layout, obviously anything to be added or removed should be discussed here.

That's about it, the Blog covers the Power and there's not a huge amount more to mention...

Also good, I may can convert videos as gif but those 2 examples above were one of my suggestions, so it can get well critique.

You know I would have thought this is something that would have already been made but I never considered it much I guess and it all looks good too so I agree. Lol diglett was the first to come to mind reading this

If they have feats of such I assume so. I'm not too knowledgeable on Starcraft however so I'm unsure.
They have and kinda a lot.
Basically Zergs itself are creatures that usually comes from ground and their "buildings" are litteraly some creatures with roots to ground.
But if put that Zerg stuff down I'll just show example:

Also my little not much useful but a bit criticism on profile, I think there's no need to mention
"Diglett and Dugtrio" and
"All Pokemon who can learn the move Dig" at same time.

Maybe change someone to knuckles who people pretty much acknowledging with that ability (To point out in good part of Sonic games knuckles digging is knowledgeable mechanic, so he can be good example).

Maybe change someone to knuckles who people pretty much acknowledging with that ability (To point out in good part of Sonic games knuckles digging is knowledgeable mechanic, so he can be good example).
That seems fair. I will change the Pokemon who learn Dig to Knuckles.
Here are pages relevant to the Zerg:
From that video I suppose that they should be fine yes.

First off, yes, I totally agree with this becoming an ability.

Second, on the topic of the image, can we possibly make a gif of this section of this video? I feel it does an excellent job showing a character burrowing in a nutshell, but I cannot find a proper gif of it for the life of me.

First off, yes, I totally agree with this becoming an ability.

Second, on the topic of the image, can we possibly make a gif of this section of this video? I feel it does an excellent job showing a character burrowing in a nutshell, but I cannot find a proper gif of it for the life of me.
I guess I'm not the only one who usually associate sonic characters with drilling.

I'll try to find gif.

tumblr_ndiyrtNQwt1u15v2mo9_400.gifv

This one is close, but I think a gif featuring more of this particular scene would be better.

For Chopper..

Also what about guys who can "swim" in ground?? Who don't have conventional intangibility.....kinda just exclusively swim in ground??

Like this...

I remeber there was a Dressrossa character in One Piece who dressed as Baby and fought Franky had that ability.
Couldn't remember the name.

I agree with the power being a thing and the page looks good.

We should debate who gets it only once the page if officialized, though.

I think the best gif to show the power is the Furret one.

I agree, I don't think it makes sense to just be earth manipulation, mole-like animals and others will be getting this for sure.

Jotaro Kujo should also have the ability he does it against the car dude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back