• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Netflix Geralt of Rivia - 9-A Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkGrath

Top Tiering Advisor in Liyue
She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
Let's keep this short and sweet.

This blog by Drite77 (thanks for the help, btw!) put the feat of Geralt blasting away the floor beneath him at 9-A. The calc was evaluated by DMUA, and approved for application by Antvasima, so it should be usable.

There are two ways we can implement this onto the profile, and I'd like input.

1: Give Geralt "At least 9-B, 9-A with signs"

2: Give Geralt outright "9-A"

In support of the first option is the fact that this feat was performed through one of his signs, and that his signs are generally at least slightly more powerful than he is physically. In support of the second option is the fact that the difference is minute enough that it shouldn't warrant a tier change, and the fact that beings he is nearly physically comparable to (such as the Striga) are capable of very easily tanking hits from his signs, suggesting the difference may be completely arbitrary. I'm neutral on which way it should be handled, and I'd like some input if possible.

Either way, Geralt in some form should have Small Building level on his profile.

Their 9-B feat is High End or near baseline ?

Because if it is high end, I don't see any problems with them being 9-A scalling from the signs, althought a bit weaker

9-B was just based on a ton of feats that collectively made 9-B a perfectly acceptable assumption. These included:

- Casually one-shotting several armoured guards working personally to protect Queen Calanthe

- Being a Witcher, who are genetically modified to be far stronger than any normal human.

- Being comparable to the Striga, who can one-shot normal Witcher's.

Etc. There isn't any single 9-B feat; just a large collection of feats in that approximate range.

Actually, the Striga being capable of effortlessly tear people apart with its bare hands might be the 9-B feat in question

Great, anyone else have input?

Sounds good. This has got an approved calc behind it, and has been validated by both me, the main supporters involved with the Witcher verse, and a content mod. Should we apply it?

Well, I don't see a problem with this

Also, maybe we can get a calc for Geralt Vs Arrow ? His Combat speed and Reactions might be higher than Subsonic

Thanks for the calc Ryuga o/

Still Subsonic but it's always better when we have solid calcs, I'll add it after it gets evaluated

I was thinking about calculating the feat involving electricity from Tissaia but I doubt that will be accepted

I think we have/had a thread about that, dunno but I think it was rejected

Also, there is a second Crossbow dodge in his fight against Renfri's men tho, maybe it can give us higher results ?

I see. I don't know if could be possible to calculate these, since the sniper changed his position and we can see that Geralt was already looking at him before the fire. If we had a slightly better view I could try to calculate.

I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back