• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
"So basically, the only way Ness can win is basically for the Truth to eventually do something in some vague way?"

Erm, not really actually. It's not the "only" way he can win, read my previous replies. And honestly, I can't really blame you for thinking that Truth would do something vague to let the boy win. Ahem Say Ness were to die and in some cases incapacitated (as the Diamondizatio status effect counts as a defeat in game), Truth would just revert it, making it never happen. This is represented in game when you get a game over, explaining that it is all a "Bad dream".

"First of all, while I haven't played Earthbound, I'm pretty sure that like in most RPGs, Status effects don't last for eternity."

Yare Yare Daze... many RPG games has status alignment that last indefinitely until you cure them. Here, these are most of the status effects in EarthBound that last until cured: Diamondization, Possesion, Mashroomization, Paralysis, Poison, Nausea, Cold, Crying (However this can wear off after battle). Here Ness has Paralysis to render Bugs physical movements muda and Flash to either decrease his accuracy or killing him off instantly there since those are the higher probabilities.

"Second of all, while I understand that the previously (and constantly) mentioned Fate Manipulation is quite formidable... How useful is it in such a scenario? Don't get me wrong, for a kind to be able to defeat a universe-destroying monster is pretty impressive, but it seems like the truth simply allowed him to do this it was his destinity to complete his quest."

uhh this is 7-B Ness, aka Pre Magicant Ness who is still completing his journey, as in Giygas in this setting still exist and needs Ness to stop em. If Ness dies, this means the universe is doomed, and not just that, it only proves to Truth that Bugs is a threat (Tho he is omniscient, so it would see Bugs as a threat regardless). Also, Fate hax, let's discuss that shall we? People misinterprets this most of the time It's no Incon button and it's no "Win" Button (well sometimes it is). It's a "Don't lose" button, where essentially it is where Ness is not supposed to lose at all since he is supposed to restore order to the universe and stop those that poses a threat to the Universe. Which here, Bugs is clearly doing.

"What im trying to say is that from what I can understand, Ness' fate is to defeat Gygas, thus he won't die in this battle, yes, but it's not like it would allow him to win every possible fight against anyone he comes across, especially if Ness himself, who by the way, has very few hax, is fighting against an enemy that is humoungously more pwoerful than him, immortal, and loaded with more abilities than anything ever, who most importantly, has no affilation with Gygas nor is a threat to the universe in a similar way. Oh, and Ness's fate manipualtion doesn't seem to have any feats of bullshitting his way to victory in sucha ridicolous way to win a battle like this."

It's not just because of Giygas my guy. He is literally protected by Truth at all times. He can lose against those that aren't allied with Giyg, such as Everdred and Frank Fly and still have Truth reverting his lost. And also, what you just said about Bugs... it only further proves my point. He's strong, has more abilities, etc. All the more reasons to let Ness win. Despite both Ness and Giygas being Low 2-C, the upper bounds of the tier are unquantifiably larger than the lower bounds. Giygas was significantly more powerful than Ness to the point where he was Invulnerable to all damage, but still within the Low 2-C range. The point is, the gap between Low 7-B and High 4-C is nothing new.

"The only way I can see ness winning is if Bugs for some reason decided to let Ness go or to befriend him becuase of Fate hax, but then again, don't see what would stop Bugs from punching the poor boy to mars and wait a week to pass before Ness manages to get back on Earth."

Ness's actual win condition is with PK Flash and Incapping with Paralysis (That's unless his Plot Manipulation is thought based). None of that is going to work because of SBA, which assumes that both are willing to kill but still lead with stuff they usually use. If Bugs were to punch Ness, Truth would revert it. the end.

Saw a tweet on Twitter which was something about Nintendo asking fans what we want for Mother's 30th anniversary. Hopefully it was real. I couldn't vote because it was all in Japanese and the translation was bad.

I mean. How does Ness avoid getting plot haxxed? If his fate haxs don't protect him from being haxxed to death then plot haxs should work.

However, Ness' haxs bypasses resistances so...

I'm not sure who to vote for rn

Truth just pulls a GER and makes it so it never happened. Literally saying "haxxed" to death in itself isn't a good argument. Ness's PSI abilities would kill Bugs off.

Go read my previous arguments for better understanding.

I still think this sucks. Ness is far too much and the Tier 2s Bugs defeated are really not much.

Unfollowing. Don't ask me to come back.

I feel like that Bugs still stomps Ness due to his generation.

Now, I'm not gonna point out COMPOSITE Bugs Bunny- because that's a pretty low balled version of him, it's sort of wanked him of his capabilities as a character. Now- the Looney Tunes are WAY, WAY more capable of coming back from being erased from existence, or the cartoon itself. Now, I know that Ness has "this" pencil that we speak of- but. Bugs Bunny in the game "Rabbit Rampage" (and yes, I'm using the video game- due to Looney Tunes not needing to have canon like reasons in their cartoons. Looney Tunes can happen anywhere at anytime, so why do we need it to have canon plots- when they barely have stories to give? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gywKy1kWZ6c Skip to 9:47) he gets erased whenever he gets K.O'ed from an enemy in the game. Bugs legit comes back normal as ever, respawning. This is bound to give him an advantage because he can come back and actually kick Ness's ass due to that sort of power. Now before you say, "but that's not ever been mentioned in the cartoons" I previously stated, Looney Tunes cannot have canon plot because they don't have a story to give- as I stated earlier. Also, Daffy is capable of the same powers- when faced to faced with a villain in a cartoon called "Eraser-head" or either that "Rubber head-" (Can't remember) in the parody of Dick Tracy, he gets erased. BUT, afterwards he appeared out of a door- like nothing even happened to him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ly35NQfZw8 (Skip to 0:45)

So, by that logic- how the hell does he get the win if something like this is capable?

Ness is not killing Bugs due to Status effects-

I'm pretty sure his level of reality warping can survive such things as those.. Anything is literally possible if he's a "Gag character".

DonkeyPoop123 said:
Ness is not killing Bugs due to Status effects-

I'm pretty sure his level of reality warping can survive such things as those.. Anything is literally possible if he's a "Gag character".
Him being a Gag Character means nothing.

Gag characters do not have any limitations what so ever- that's what I meant when I pointed out that he was a "Gag character" it's the simple creativity of the powers that they have- they can be used for almost anything in a certain situation at a certain time. So saying that him being a Gag Character means nothing, is a bit of an understatement- because if memes like Sanic can't beat Archie Sonic- or UI Shaggy not being able to beat Archie Sonic- I don't know what can.

Dude, we don't care. We go by what the character has bern shown to do. Nothing else. Them being a gag character means nothing here.

"If memes can't beat Archie Sonic I don't know what can". A character who has abilites that allow them to beat Archie Sonic. He has losses in his page. He's not unbeatable just because joke characters can't beat him.

Back