• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The Wright Way said:
Dude, we don't care. We go by what the character has bern shown to do. Nothing else. Them being a gag character means nothing here.

"If memes can't beat Archie Sonic I don't know what can't. A character who has abilites that allow them to beat Archie Sonic. He has losses in his page. He's not unbeatable just because joke characters can't beat him.

That makes no sense then cause you're wording it off like that does matter. Because you say that he's not unbeatable cause a simple joke character can beat him. So that's sort of confusing to say the least.

And @DatOneWeeb I agree that is a NLF. Hell some characters don't even need to be a toon or a meme to beat Archie Sonic. So if that's what you meant I may give you some credit for that due to their being so many characters out there who have potential to do it.

ok so I know that this is super late

but uhhh

How can Ness actually beat Bugs?

He doesn't have the AP to do so. From what I can understand, the extent of his fate manip is that whenever he dies he just comes back

And PK Flash just seems like Death Manipulation to me, which not only has a low chance of happening but also Bugs resists that

Plus Bugs can just cut himself out of the plot and restart just like Ness can, which should be thought based since even when he's tied up (see the link on Bug's page for his Plot Manip), he can just yet himself out anyways

So I don't understand what exactly Ness can do

Seems more like Incon to me

ok so I know that this is super late

but uhhh

How can Ness actually beat Bugs?

He doesn't have the AP to do so. From what I can understand, the extent of his fate manip is that whenever he dies he just comes back

And PK Flash just seems like Death Manipulation to me, which not only has a low chance of happening but also Bugs resists that

Plus Bugs can just cut himself out of the plot and restart just like Ness can, which should be thought based since even when he's tied up (see the link on Bug's page for his Plot Manip), he can just yet himself out anyways

So I don't understand what exactly Ness can do

Seems more like Incon to me
He could still incapacitate though, even if PK flash is out of the question

His fate manip is that he's apart of a universal system that saves him from both death, incap, and allows him to win against odds he realistically can't win against. PK Flash from what Lucas' profile entails is far higher Ap then what the cast has.

From what I've seen with Bugs threads leaving the plot isn't an opening move or something similar.

Even then, mind manip and sleep manip from what I see of the potency Bugs resist it's regular potency, Ness and co's mind manip affects cars, signs, lamps, abstract art, etc. So it's more potent then what Bugs faces against unless he has better resistance feats and this is the thought based hax Ness leads with.

Edit: Mixed up New Year's Eve with PK Flash, PK Flash isn't death manip it just negates durability.

Last edited:
Why would you comment on a versus thread that has already been concluded? The primary reason why Ness won against Bugs was through Status effects that he doesn't resist at all (the effects of PK Flash, Paralysis, and Hypnosis). Fate hax was also a supporting victory for Ness, as it meant Bugs had no option to put him down or get away around it.

Obviously he doesn't have the AP to kill Bugs, but he has the abilities to incapacitate him. Which again, was what lead him to his victory. In regards to Fate hax, it doesn't just serve as a means of coming back through death but its meant to guide Ness through his journey to save the universe and fulfill the prophecy of the Apple of Eden. That may sound simple on paper, but in game his Fate hax negated Giygas's odds of winning when he had the higher probability of achieving victory. And any move Giygas made in the events of EarthBound (even if it served as an advantage) went against him. So simply put, Bug's chances of winning are negated and any move that he makes will just go against him to benefit Ness and his journey.

This is outright wrong. PK Flash Omega has a much higher probability of inducing instant death ("It generates glorious rays that have a high probability of destroying most of the enemies on the scene in a single strike (40%). It still has a chance to make the enemies cry (35%), feel strange (10%), or become numb (15%)"). Which hey, maybe to you it may seem like that but the VSBW profile has it as Durability Negation which is more accurate because Flash doesn't manipulate the concept of Death into its attack. Its simply a blinding light that causes certain affects as a result of it.

He doesn't use it in character, not to mention the example you provided seems to be a last resort option in case he's in trouble.

Back