• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Hmm, I'm not entirely certain of this...

If Bugs just screws around with the plot and kills Ness through some methods and that Ness has no way to really harm him...All the more reasons for Truth to ensure Ness's victory and safety. Though, can Ness's Status effect inducement work on Bugs? His Hypnosis and PSI abilities in general can work on Robots, Ghost and Non sentient beings.

TheQuirkyBoy said:
Hmm, I'm not entirely certain of this...
If Bugs just screws around with the plot and kills Ness through some methods and that Ness has no way to really harm him...All the more reasons for Truth to ensure Ness's victory and safety. Though, can Ness's Status effect inducement work on Bugs? His Hypnosis and PSI abilities in general can work on Robots, Ghost and Non sentient beings.
Well, I think Bugs resists most of the status inducements, like sleep, fire, mind manip, etc. But I'm not 100% sure and I am too lazy to go through Bugs' text wall.

Hmmm he doesn't resist Paralysis or some of PK Flash's affects (mainly Confusion and Instant Death).

Hmmmmm

I'm sorta leaning towards Ness, idk

I mean, I suppose inconclusive seems to be a viable option here, but Fate Manipulation is certainly no automatic stalemate button. If they were to continuously fight, eventually the odds would go into Ness's favor if it wasn't already within his favor in the beginning. If Flash and Paralysis can work, then that seems to be a good win con for Ness here. Along with Fate hax of course.

You know what, heck it

I'm voting for Ness because of those reasons, though I will switch if anything new is brought up for Bugs.

So basically, the only way Ness can win is basically for the Truth to eventually do something in some vague way?

First of all, while I haven't played Earthbound, I'm pretty sure that like in most RPGs, Status effects don't last for eternity.

Second of all, while I understand that the previously (and constantly) mentioned Fate Manipulation is quite formidable... How useful is it in such a scenario? Don't get me wrong, for a kind to be able to defeat a universe-destroying monster is pretty impressive, but it seems like the truth simply allowed him to do this it was his destinity to complete his quest.

Assuming that Ness is still aiming to defeat Gygas even here, I don't see why he should specifically win in this battle or kill Bugs to proceed. From what I know, if they lose in a rsndom encounter, Ness and his crue don't die there, nor are forced to fight the same random enemies that defeated them again.

What im trying to say is that from what I can understand, Ness' fate is to defeat Gygas, thus he won't die in this battle, yes, but it's not like it would allow him to win every possible fight against anyone he comes across, especially if Ness himself, who by the way, has very few hax, is fighting against an enemy that is humoungously more pwoerful than him, immortal, and loaded with more abilities than anything ever, who most importantly, has no affilation with Gygas nor is a threat to the universe in a similar way. Oh, and Ness's fate manipualtion doesn't seem to have any feats of bullshitting his way to victory in sucha ridicolous way to win a battle like this.

The only way I can see ness winning is if Bugs for some reason decided to let Ness go or to befriend him becuase of Fate hax, but then again, don't see what would stop Bugs from punching the poor boy to mars and wait a week to pass before Ness manages to get back on Earth.

Back