• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Neopolitan vs Mikazuchi Rei

Ciruno Fortes said:
It's gonna start by next week (preferably tomorrow) and then finish up by the end of the week hopefully
I'd say it's okay to hold the match instead of just closing it (I'm also quite interested to see who'll win here, though my money's on Rei)

??

Saw's entire training regime was literally making his bones as hard and durable as possible, his head being the strongest one of all. How does durability have anything to do with AP for a physical fighter?

As for the fight itself, I am leaning towards Rei but I am gonna give it a bit more of a thought while I do something else.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
??
Saw's entire training regime was literally making his bones as hard and durable as possible, his head being the strongest one of all. How does durability have anything to do with AP for a physical fighter?

As for the fight itself, I am leaning towards Rei but I am gonna give it a bit more of a thought while I do something else.
I imagine it'd be something like a Sledgehammer and a normal person: the sledgehammer has better AP than a normal person's punch or kick. Is that how it works or does that analogy not work here?

Is not quite how it works. A sledgehammer has better AP due to multiple reasons. 1, it is normally swung on a longer arc that lets it gather more speed. 2, the more speed and the more mass, which a sledgehammer has much more of than a punch, the much more kinetic energy, but we never correlate speed to KE on here without good enough context or a good enough situation since fiction loves forgetting that a quicker fighter hits harder (see Rei not having any crazy striking power despite his speed. Kengan is funny in the fact that it does both at once, since Rei is fast but it doesn't do much for his power but Ohma's advance makes him faster and therefore also stronger).

Hammer of Burma being able to take 8-C+ energy doesn't mean it has the mass and Saw Paing has the speed/power to make 8-C+ attacks with it.

That aside, who are you leaning for in this battle Baki?

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Is not quite how it works. A sledgehammer has better AP due to multiple reasons. 1, it is normally swung on a longer arc that lets it gather more speed. 2, the more speed and the more mass, which a sledgehammer has much more of than a punch, the much more kinetic energy, but we never correlate speed to KE on here without good enough context or a good enough situation since fiction loves forgetting that a quicker fighter hits harder (see Rei not having any crazy striking power despite his speed. Kengan is funny in the fact that it does both at once, since Rei is fast but it doesn't do much for his power but Ohma's advance makes him faster and therefore also stronger).
Hammer of Burma being able to take 8-C+ energy doesn't mean it has the mass and Saw Paing has the speed/power to make 8-C+ attacks with it.

That aside, who are you leaning for in this battle Baki?
I see what you mean now. I was kinda thinking the same thing, what with the momentum a sledgehammer can build, but I thought I'd ask just to be sure

Rei due massively in part to his experience with hallucinations likely helping with Neo's illusions, though if that actually doesn't help, I'll have to re-think about it

Back