• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
From what I know of Naoya, he matches Neji in terms of being considered a prodigy in his clan. But the Byakugan should be able to counter Projection Sorcery well since he can avoid being touched with Gentle Fist and Rotation and he should be able to see through afterimages. Any moves Naoya makes will be seen and countered by Neji. He also has Shunshin to match Naoya’s speed amp.

Direct counters to Naoya’s abilities and stats should give Neji the win. I vote him.

From what I know of Naoya, he matches Neji in terms of being considered a prodigy in his clan. But the Byakugan should be able to counter Projection Sorcery well since he can avoid being touched with Gentle Fist and Rotation and he should be able to see through afterimages. Any moves Naoya makes will be seen and countered by Neji. He also has Shunshin to match Naoya’s speed amp.

Direct counters to Naoya’s abilities and stats should give Neji the win. I vote him.
Rotation can't be kept indefinite though, Naoya can easily exploit this. Gentle fist can be dodged as well.

I think he just means the status within the clans, not that they are equal prodigies
Right. I’d say Neji is probably more skilled though because of beating people like Lee. It’s implied he saw at least the first gate given he was only surprised once he opened the fourth and fifth. And he just has great showings like the Kidomaro fight. It seems way more likely for him to hit Naoya’s pressure points than for Naoya to hit him with Projection Sorcery.

Last edited:
Right. I’d say Neji is probably more skilled though because of beating people like Lee. It’s implied he saw at least the first gate given he was only surprised once he opened the fourth and fifth. And he just has great showings like the Kidomaro fight. It seems way more likely for him to hit Naoya’s pressure points then for Naoya to hit him with projection sorcery.
I've added you.

And I think Naoya can easily catch Neji in his frames when he goes for a pressure point, Naoya goes in with the thought they'll counter and sets up a counter of his own, so I agree Neji is a better fight but Naoya will have times to land clean hits that Neji can't defend against.

I've added you.

And I think Naoya can easily catch Neji in his frames when he goes for a pressure point, Naoya goes in with the thought they'll counter and sets up a counter of his own, so I agree Neji is a better fight but Naoya will have times to land clean hits that Neji can't defend against.
Shunshin could get in the way of that. Plus Lee has stat amps Neji should’ve had to deal with to be so confident in beating him before the later gates. And prediction via seeing cursed energy flow won’t work here unless we equalize in which case Neji could see and hit Naoya’s chakra points even when he tries to counter. The Byakugan will really aid Neji in doing that making it so Naoya would be lucky to get a clean enough hit to freeze him. And of course he’s tough enough to take hits from Naoya.

Still, Neji should’ve seen Lee’s second gate like said in his speed section and he’s more skilled so he should be able to handle Naoya’s speed increasing.

I don't think he'll handle the frames though. That may mess up Neji's focus. Also lets not downplay Naoya's intell, he's gone through two major fights against Choso and Maki, both competent fighters and he handled them well alone.

Back