• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Maverick_Zero_X

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Can I see the scan that says the Necrosword can potentially move a star? It’s not really on the profile.

I might be missing something but shouldn't such an impressive feat be also linked the MCU verse page?

That said most of the best feats come from this guy.

Isn't the fact that he stabbed the sword into the ground strongly indicative of it just being the meteor or whatever spinning and not the stars moving...?

Last edited:
No, but the standard size for stars of unknown size is the sun, the same as with planets and Earth
The star is literally is next to a planet with less than a kilometer in diameter, but in the end we can assume that the star circling the "planet" is more than a million kilometers in diameter?
And that's why it's only a possibly rating, plus it was already discussed and accepted by staff in the L&T thread
I could be wrong, but in the other cases where Gorr's world is shown, there is no star. So wouldn't it be more appropriate to say that the star is located in space where they are instead of being part of the "planet" and Gorr's power?
Looks too vague for even a "possibly"
The same for 5-A but whatever

Why is this only 4-C, also? All the stars in the background are moving, not just the big one, which to me seems to indicate the planetoid is spinning faster.

Why is this only 4-C, also? All the stars in the background are moving, not just the big one, which to me seems to indicate the planetoid is spinning faster.
my guy look at this scene the other stars aren't moving just the big sun like star or that's how it looks when it first starts moving it

The other stars are clearly moving, not in the same perspective that we have of the star, but this is thanks to the distance factor between the celestial bodies

I might be missing something but shouldn't such an impressive feat be also linked the MCU verse page?

That said most of the best feats come from this guy.
meh most of the impressive feats are covered by common feats like konshu moving the night sky (4-A) or celestial creating stars and galaxies, or like arishem creating the universe or even alioth being 2-A though Ultron does have the best feats calc wise
The other stars are clearly moving, not in the same perspective that we have of the star, but this is thanks to the distance factor between the celestial bodies
ah actually yeah it does seem kinda...like a distance sorta thing

The Big star is moving far faster and the other stars moving are due to the fact that the Planet Asteroid is moving slowly
You really have to assume so much to validate the feat
  • Assume that the star has the same value as the sun
  • Assume Gorr is moving the star instead of assuming it is just the circumference rotation
  • Accept that all the stars in the sky are moving thanks to the circumference rotation, but the main star is moving thanks to Gorr's power
  • Assume that Gorr is able to concentrate this energy into his normal attacks
  • Assume that this star is not just something random from space where they are
Like, if he had moved a ******* star, the movie would almost certainly make this more explicit

Like, if he had moved a ******* star, the movie would almost certainly make this more explicit
I'll say until gorr starts creating more shadows the star isn't moving at all like the lightning is literally static until we see him stake his sword into the ground and shadows start to form so I mean that's explicit as that'll get but nothing more
Assume that the star has the same value as the sun
doesn't matter the common feat of that still gets 4-C from moving a star at FTL speeds anyways aside from the calc that did as well
Assume Gorr is moving the star instead of assuming it is just the circumference rotation
that's happening as well there's no denying that but its not happening at a speed where like it'd be spinning insanely fast or debris that was creating from thor fragmenting the thing would be shooting off
Accept that all the stars in the sky are moving thanks to the circumference rotation, but the main star is moving thanks to Gorr's power
this would just be under the same assumption as the first thing I said considering everything

but thats about it

Last edited:
You really have to assume so much to validate the feat
  • Assume that the star has the same value as the sun
  • Assume Gorr is moving the star instead of assuming it is just the circumference rotation
  • Accept that all the stars in the sky are moving thanks to the circumference rotation, but the main star is moving thanks to Gorr's power
  • Assume that Gorr is able to concentrate this energy into his normal attacks
  • Assume that this star is not just something random from space where they are
And you have to assume that the planet is Violating the laws of Physics in order for the Star to be moving faster than all the other stars.
That cannot happen, If I spin in a circle a mountain 20 Km away and a tree 20 ft in front of me spin at the same speed, It's just how it works

I'll say until gorr starts creating more shadows the star isn't moving at all like the lightning is literally static until we see him stake his sword into the ground and shadows start to form so I mean that's explicit as that'll get but nothing more
That is not explicit my dear. I watched the movie and didn't even realize there was a star there. What is actually explicit is that he is creating a creature from the shadows.

If Gorr had moved the star I would at least expect the movie to show this clearly, mainly to impress the audience with his power, but no, he uses this to create shadows at best

Btw, why do we use this to say that his normal attacks have the potency to destroy a star? This shit, even if accepted, is not usable in combat lol
doesn't matter the common feat of that still gets 4-C from moving a star at FTL speeds anyways aside from the calc that did as well
Okay if it was a random star next to a random planet, but we are talking about a planet smaller than a soccer stadium. I would be very suspicious about the size of the star
but its not happening at a speed where like it'd be spinning insanely fast or debris that was creating from thor fragmenting the thing would be shooting off
Yes, and why couldn't this be something consequential to heroes perspective or the fact that Marvel is shit on science?

EDIT: I said "claramen". It should be "clearly", my cell phone changed the word to "claramente", so I deleted the word, but only two letters

Last edited:
Star to be moving faster than all the other stars.
Except that no, I am not assuming that. Stars from hundreds of light-years away will obviously move much more slowly than stars that are not even a light-year away from my perspective
Besides the fact that assuming one thing is easier than assuming ten things

That is not explicit my dear. I watched the movie and didn't even realize there was a star there. What is actually explicit is that he is creating a creature from the shadows.
You literally said what I said re-read please💀💀, I said what's explicit is the lightning being static until he staked his sword on the groud to create shadows so there's like no contentions there and I'm sorry you didn't notice but like...other people did so idk what to tell ya there
Btw, why do we use this to say that his normal attacks have the power to destroy a star? This shit, even if accepted, claramen is not usable in combat lol
Because it's through the power of the necrosword🤷‍♀️ ya know the weapon he wields... sorta like how Mjonir and Stormbreaker are
Okay if it was a random star next to a random planet, but we are talking about a planet smaller than a soccer stadium. I would be very suspicious about the size of the star
Sure but that's all you'd have there is an assumption we can't say anything more beyond that so I won't speak on it
Yes, and why couldn't this be something consequential to heroes perspective or the fact that Marvel is shit on science?
Writers being shit at science doesn't discredit the feat but it is noted
Except that no, I am not assuming that. Stars from hundreds of light-years away will obviously move much more slowly than stars that are not even a light-year away from people perspective
Yeah but like..that still doesn't hold up they'd be moving slower yes but not so slow that the closer star is flying by at breakneck speeds and those are kinda just easing on from 1 perspective like they'd still be going around decently if the planet was spinning that fast

Except that no, I am not assuming that. Stars from hundreds of light-years away will obviously move much more slowly than stars that are not even a light-year away from my perspective
Besides the fact that assuming one thing is easier than assuming ten things
Except the 5 things you brought up are way easier to hand wave than the one thing you assumed that breaks the laws of Physics.

I'm not sure what your so worked up about it's listed as only "Possibly 4-C" in their keys, not to mention lesser gods than Thor have altered entire sky's with their spatial manipulation so assuming Gorr did it with a weapon all the Gods fear is by no means a stretch

I'm not sure what your so worked up about it's listed as only "Possibly 4-C" in their keys, not to mention lesser gods than Thor have altered entire sky's with their spatial manipulation so assuming Gorr did it with a weapon all the Gods fear is by no means a stretch
This is what I'm not understanding even more than that we've celestial who are gods creating stars and galaxies, odin has a 4-B ed feat himself, as said by you as well konshu has a 4-B feat that's aside from any other feats the gods have done in the MCU or just higher tiered characters that are 2-A and 1-C or like infinity stone feats having casual 5-A through low 2-C feats, somehow this is less believable

Idk, probably my last comment here since I don't want to extend this discussion too much
Because it's through the power of the necrosword🤷‍♀️ ya know the weapon he wields... sorta like how Mjonir and Stormbreaker are
So? Just because Gorr theoretically uses a sword to control a star does not mean that a physical attack with that same sword is capable of generating the same yield as when it is used to move a celestial body. One thing has nothing to do with the other. The guy literally moved the thing to create shadows, that's all. To assume that Gorr is capable of attacking with that level of power with any attack is beyond absurd
The Mjonir and Stormbreaker have no comparison to anything here, everything they do is through physical impact, and not telekinesis or some completely vague power used to summon creatures
Sure but that's all you'd have there is an assumption we can't say anything more beyond that so I won't speak on it
"But then it's an assumption"
At the same time, you use an assumption to say it is a star comparable to our sun 🗿
I know we have standards, but come on, the planet is not even 500 meters in diameter
Writers being shit at science doesn't discredit the feat
I'm not ignoring the feat because they don't care about science, what I'm saying is that the problem with the perspective of the planet can be justified with that. Or rather, it doesn't even need to, since the perspective we have of the planet is the same as that of the heroes, who are on the planet, so us seeing the thing having a "slow" rotation definitely wouldn't be a problem. it's the "same" case we have with our world, the shit spins at 1670 km/h, and we don't even notice

Last edited:
That's not even why the possibly is there though.
The "Possibly" is an umbrella term used to cover multiple reasons why a character can't outright scale to that value.
It's basically saying that "Yeah there are alot of things against it so we can't use it straight up" but still put it there as a possibility

In this scene, stars in the background appear to be moving much faster than some stars in the foreground. If the moon were actually moving, and the stars were actually stationary, the moon's rotation and/or parallax would require the background / farther away stars to be slower or even not moving in comparison to the stars in the foreground which are closer.

Plus, the light from the closer sun, in the top left, is moving downward so in the opposite direction of all the other stars. So, no matter what, at least one star here is definitely moving.

Finally, when Thor and team first crash on the moon, only the closer sun is moving, although much slower than in the above scene.

Stars don't go from stationary to in rapid motion on their own. The logical conclusion is that Gorr did this. And, apparently, that he moved lots of stars.

Why? Unclear, but perhaps to disorient Thor and team so he could steal Stormbreaker. Physics also dictates that moving light helps generate more shadows in more places, which helps Gorr create tendrils / monsters / vanish and reappear at will -- all of which he used against Thor and team to gain Stormbreaker.

Last edited:
Back