• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Near-haxless baseline Town level character vs Not-as-haxless-but-still-near-haxless baseline Town level character

EmbalmerMaster9000

VS Battles
Retired
MolstromTransparent
Wupashboi

(A.K.A; battle of the characters that are used to scale to the rest of their respective verses)

Molstrom vs (Juggernaut) Wupash

Speed equalized.

Molstrom has a single owl relic (Molstrom's 7-C key being used), and it cannot be knocked away from him.

Victory via death, K.O, or incapacitation.

Both are in character, but are willing to kill.

Neither character has preparation time.

Both start 10 meters away from one another.

8.74 Kilotons: 0

7.38 Kilotons: 5

It's still valid so I'm jumping on this, necro-criers be darned!

So, Molstrom has his anchor, a weapon which he can just chuck at Wupash and smash it in the face with it. Meanwhile, Wupash summons a bunch of meteors and has them crash all around Molstrom. Honestly, many hits > one good hit, so I might side with Wupash for the win here.

This... is an oddly good match for the Haxless Wonder.

At 10 meters Molstrom can likely beat on him a bit before danmaku becomes an issue but after that yeah Wupash is gonna tear through Molstrom, who IIRC tends to prefer to just tank attacks since nothing he knows of actually hurts him.

For me, yeah.

How good is wupash danmaku? Molstrom does have limitless stamina which could defintiely help him with avoiding attacks for as long as possible. Although he would probably have to know about it first and strategise

Read this post said:
How good is wupash danmaku? Molstrom does have limitless stamina which could defintiely help him with avoiding attacks for as long as possible. Although he would probably have to know about it first and strategise
Wupash's danmaku is simply summoning a bunch of meteors around the battlefield at arbitary locations. He seems to be able to use the danmaku several times in a row, but he alternates between that and summoning meteors directly above the target.

Read this post said:
Wupash via being smarter and more tactical.
I hope this is a joke, because Molstrom definitely outclasses Wupash in intelligence. Heck, he's had more opportunities than Wupash to show just how intelligent he is. He singlehandedly runs the sky pirates with an iron fist and is able to organize them to launch complicated assaults, such as what they did with both Vellie and Advent. Plus, he was able to track down Solus to the Tower of the Owls after he had betrayed him, and the only thing that stopped him from obtaining the Hex Relics again was because he was too stupid to realize the power of the Anti-Hex which he was standing under.

So, Wupash being smarter and more tactical? I object to that.

It is. However, that was also a non-combat situation, as he was consumed by the Anti-Hex while he was proclaiming to the others that he would crush it and their dreams right before their eyes.

For combat, he is superior to Dirk and Alphonse, who have shown plenty of combat experience. Plus, iirc, he also grabbed Otus before he could react, nearly squeezed the life out of him and punted him off of his ship before he went off to destroy the city of Advent. Oh, and speaking of Advent, he also brushed aside the many guards there, despite their years of training, like they were nothing.

The only reason he doesn't have a proper combat feat was because the developers never gave him one in the end. (I'm still kinda salty about that, but whatever.)

That is a good display of skill. However when facing wupash he is going to need to be tactical and dodge his attacks from the start until he can get up close to him. Whilst he is skilled in combat and tactical outside, he isnt exactly tactical within combat from what is shown. The likelihood is that he would try to go in for the kill whilst wupash would run away and throw as many asteroids in his direction as possible until molstrom cant take it anymore. Also i think in the youtube video in his profile, wupash displays some minor levitation which helps him out a lot more in this fight.

And I agree. While Molstrom does likely have more skill in combat than you're giving him credit for, he's gonna be crushed by Wupash's Danmaku before he has the chance to take him down. That's why I voted Wupash. For his Danmaku, not his skill.

Back