• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive Owlboy Hex Relics Upgrade

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
Just when you thought I couldn't do anything else with Owlboy, I pull out a gigantic upgrade for this otherwise unknown verse. Trust me, this won't take long, but it's a real doozy. So, without further ado, let's start!

The Feat
So, this upgrade affects only wielders of the Ancient Hex Relics, a set of MacGuffinsartifacts that, when collected, makes the wielder the most powerful person in the world. This is the reason why Molstrom initially sought them out, so he could become the most powerful sky pirate, whom none could ever challenge. However, in truth, the artifacts are meant for a separate, grander purpose than power.

See, the Ancient Owls believed that there was a mysterious force called The Loop, and while it's never directly revealed as to the nature of this force, it still caused widespread panic among the owls. In order to counteract this Loop, a few wise owls, most notably an owl named Noctae, began work on a device called the Hex Machine. However, just before the completion of the device, Noctae unexpectedly died, and his partner, Aegolius, attempted to completed his work, despite Noctae's notes being vastly too complicated, and in the end, he gave it a 50/50 chance that it would work as intended. Unfortunately, the device failed, and sent all of the continents on the planet into the sky.

Fast-forward to the current day, and Solus attempts to use Molstrom's brute force to gather the Hex Relics for him, and then swipes them away once they're all gathered. His goal is to complete the Anti-Hex, a system which is supposed to counteract the effects of the Hex Machine, and despite being interrupted by both Otus and his friends, and then Molstrom, the Anti-Hex was eventually completed and the continents were brought back down into the sea.

Now, the reason that long exposition was necessary was to prove one simple fact. Through the use of the Hex Machine, all of the continents were lifted into the air, a feat which is an easy qualification for High 6-A (Multi-Continent level). And the Hex Relics, as they're used to complete the Anti-Hex which can reverse the Hex Machine's effect, should have the same power. Therefore, any character that ever uses the Hex Relics throughout the game are susceptible to potentially have the same power as the artifacts. This would limit the recipients of this power boost to only Solus and Molstrom. However, as it's not certain whether or not anyone who uses the Hex Relics will be able to utilize their full power, I still propose that these characters still retain their old AP rating of 7-C (Town level) based off of this feat, with the High 6-A rating being left as a possibility for their power.

In Conclusion
I propose that Solus and Molstrom, with the Hex Relics, be upgraded to "7-C, possibly High 6-A," for scaling to the Anti-Hex, which reversed the effects of the Hex Machine, a device that caused all the continents to begin rising into the air.

the word is adieu, not ado

I can accept this, I was pretty shocked that the feat hadn't been brought up before. After you kept asking me to calc for it I went through streams of the game and found that lore and was just genuinely surprised.

Yeah, I looked through the game again, and aside from the very ending which shows some of the continents being brought back down, it really did not account for all of them being lifted, like the lore on the Hex Machine suggests.

Yup, almost forgot this. I should probably go ahead and perform the upgrade to get this out of the way.

Because this feat is pretty much as straightforward as you can get.

Back