• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Natsu VS Wiki all Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay the first problem:

Light is legit or not?

This wiki has certain criterium in order to accept that light in fiction is the equivalent to light in real world. The reason for FT not having legit light speed is the fact they don't satisfy those criteriums and argument "This is Magic and magic doesn't go by the laws of physics" is not acceptable for us.

So, please drop that cause none of the arguments you used change the fact that light in FT doesn't satisfy our criterium. I have rewacthed every arc of FT several times and i guarantee you that if there is a way to give FT (mostly Erza) light speed i would have done it.

When Rogue says that light bends to his will we talk about a metaphor, he is saying that he controls light and that's it, but that light as exaplined before doesn't satisfy our criteriums and thus won't be accepted as light speed.

Your argument of Laxus using magic in combination with his lighting in order to bypass Wall's abilty to absorb natural lightning is automatically countered by the fact Wall's proxy absorbed magical Lightning from Ichiya.

http://m.*************/manga/fairy_tail/v38/c460/10.html

Gonna talk about the next point in my next post, so please be patient until I finish.

Tower of heaven tanked or absorbed?

Lacrima Crystal was never explained entirely so these are mostly just assumptions, that said if one object is made to aborb magic than that is how it should be considered.

Since the R system was made to absorb an exact quantity of ideas of magical energy that would explain to why it couldn't absorb anymore and was instead damaged by Natsu's and Jellal's attacks and in fact it was explained that magic starts leaking out from it everytime they damaged even a single piece.

Now the energy of aetherion, later renamed etherion so it wouldn't be just a copied name from (Rave), was absorbed by the entire R system and thus as said before damaging one piece of it will make only the energy within that piece leak away while all the rest remains where it is.

Natsu ate one piece and thus absorbed the energy within it(how much energy?) that is not quantifiable unfortunately, but we know it made him more powerful than Jellal thx to opening his Dragon force and in fact he scales from there.

So as said since Natsu only absorbed a little chunk the energy he absorbed is much lower than that of the Etherion it self as for that Natsu should have absorbed the entire tower worth of energy.

And thus as said before Natsu and tower of heaven don't scale from each other as tower of heaven only has large country lvl "durabilty" against magic based attacks and ones the tower of heaven is entirely filled with magic it can no longer absorb any and thus gets damaged by any other magical attacks.

Now the thing with animus...

Animus and Natsu scale to Dragon cry in terms of magical power?

Short answer no.

Reason is simple. As i and other said before Animus had the control over the dragon cry and it's energy, but Dragon Cry's energy was divided into hundreds of thousand of magical circles that spread over the continent and thus Animus wasn't using its power when fighting Natsu, but was using those circles to cause destruction around Ishgar.

At the last clash in their battle we see Animus absorbing the power from some of the circles that were above the town/island were they were fighting, while all the rest of the circles around the continent were not absorbed by Animus.

This means that the energy of Dragon cry that Animus absorbed to fight Natsu was only the amount of energy necessary to cause destruction above the town/island he and Natsu were fighting and not its full power and thus neither scales to Dragon Cry's full power.

How much he absorbed is not quantifiable and if went by logic since he absorbed the magic energy necessary to destroy a town/island than that's the boost in power Animus gets, than they in any case wouldn't go above the tier they are already meant to be scaled from which is high 6-C or Large island level.

The reason they are scaled from this is because Natsu's half dragon form is a stronger version of his dragon force which is already high 6-C and thus the rating for it would be At least high 6-C, likely higher.

@Sheoth firstly thank you for decicating your time, that was constructive criticism and I greatly appreciate it. Now I accept the laser, in fact I mentioned how this in itself was shaky. However, Erzas analysis, granted wasnt on the basis of the his breath attack, was still talking about his magic overall. And I can assure you, both @Blanked and I can go on for hours on how smart Erza is on deducing how magic works, and its actual basis and foundation. That is something that shouldnt be taken lightly. So whilst it is true that the laser can easily be dispilled, Erzas statement and Rogues statement as well (albeit has multiple translation, of which I thought was the original however I will check with @Dank Sinatre) should be enough proof to show that Stings attacks are light. There is also Rogue, of who I have not touched, because I am gathering more evidence (real life) to prove that shadows and darkness move at the speed of light, however I dont believe I am ready to present it yet.

Now obviously, saying that it doesnt behave like light is a very fair point, however these is one thing I need to make myself clear. When I say it is magic, I mean the light comes from a source of magic. However, the element itself is not magical. We have seen characters in FT manipulate "real" light and make it bend, opposite to what should happen as most people here say so. For example Midnight, who makes illusions by bending light. So the bending of light, at least in FT, is a common thing and should not be seen as something impeeding Stings attacks from being light.

Now again, if we see in real life examples laser have enough power to even burn through steel (I believe powerful enough lasers can do so), Stings concentration of light and the overall power of a Dragon Slayer should be enough to prove that the fact it creates explosions doesnt mean its light. I mean in Marvel Comics we have Spectrum to prove just that.Light does carry energy, and in fact alot of it (considering it is made from an overcharged electron), so I dont see how a large amount of it wouldnt cause explosions. We have already seen with laser the more light (more specifically wave length) can cause a large amounts of energy. And I am sorry, but that is unfair. The fact it is visible is so contradictory with this wiki itself, Spectrums light is visible (and it causes explosions) and we have her as FTL. Even Marvel characters with a pure light form that are visible (Magik for example) are classified as FTL (albeit Magik not for that reason, but Spectrum yes).Yes, I do understand manga and comics are different, but the principles of this community are the same. If Stings light cant be light because it is visible and causes damage (one of the many you made) then Spectrums shouldnt be either because it doesnt behave like "conventional light" (also btw she also bends light).

And as for your point with Laxus, keep in mind Natsu and Erza were dodging his attacks even before Second Origin, furthermore, ever since Thunder Hall Arc I dont see anybody (in this case Natsu) being tagged by his lightning, but rather his physicals (he is much faster than lightning) so this isnt an inconsistency.

Thank you very much,and I hope we can continue if you have the time!

Dude if you take a look at my profile you will know no one takes Erza as seriously as i do, but feats and facts>>>Characters statements.

Before continuing with light thing i need to ask someone from wiki to explain Spectrum and her scailing.

For Laxus i don't get what you are saying him being faster than lighting is quite irrelevant for us.

@Dank can you please help me by linking where you found that scan? I do not want to leave any tables unturned, and in all manga sites I have read (********, MangaFreak and reddit threads) my scan has been consistent, and I have never seen that.

As for your other points, I have mentioned to @Sheoth that exact point you first made, so if you would like to read up, that would be greatly appreciated. As for the FTL+++, I came here from an Instagram Battle Community (yes those exist btw tons of fun) where we go beyond the Wikis FTL and FTL+ to create emphasis on characters faster than FTL+ but not MFTL. Apologies, jus treat all those extra + as FTL+, since Natsu is not MFTL. As for the stacking, I see it as speed escalation,the fight kept on going from one pair being FTE(faster than eyesight) to one another, and then one dude soloing each pair. Thats what I understood for the speed escalation, however if it is stacking, I will gladly debate after I am told more about it since I am new (to discussing wikis) here.

Now I have been told this, normally I use the anime because Hiro says its canon, however I have learnt. Having said that, it doesnt remove anything from my argument, just my indept analysis with time stamps of the speed escalation which can also be done with the manga. As for the Time Skip Scene(which is canon even though it didnt appear in the manga) we cant really see his body on the mountain range, so I am going to need an explanation on what exactly you mean. And I will try and find confirmation, but until then, I will treat the anime and non-canon to the manga.

I mentioned an anology above that explain my point. I will say it again here to further re-emphasise my point, and you can tell me what you think. For example, Havok in Marvel was able to condense and control a black hole capable of swallowing Earth 616 Solar System inside Xorns head, without the help of anyone else. However, if I were to debate Cell (if his ki was energy Havok could absorb) vs Havok, I wouldnt say Havok could absorb his Kamehameha because Havok has been taken down by large island attacks before, despite being able to absorb attacks from Vulcan and Xorns black hole, he doesnt have the durability to take Cells Kamehameha. Furthermore, if the Lacrima can hold a country busting attack, surely it must have the durability to be able to hold the power? And also, Natsu pulled Erza out of Etheriones release (when all the lacrima released the power), overpowering the magical tornado, which would be another showing.

And it seems to me people think Animus spent power activating the spell, when it fact it was Animus henchman before Animus got his hands on Dragon Cry. And then again, it didnt cover Ishgar since the goal of the henchmen was only to destroy the COUNTRY of Fiore. Meaning the power to destroy 10 countries, was reduced to 9. That is quantifiable, and since its 9 countries I assume you would agree when I say it should be AT LEAST 6-B and even 6-A.

For Spectrum and light stuff we wait, but for the rest.

Dragon cry was indeed active thx to his henchman but it was Animus who later re activated the dragon cry's circles and start causing destruction so my point stays that he only used a very small portion of its power against Natsu. This is not to be questioned further as its literraly what happened.

@Blanked I just had an entire argument on whether his light is legit or not with @Sheoth, please read above. As for Laxus using combination magic and Ichiya, that was a different circumstance. For him to absorb Ichiyas lightning, he used Voltex Charge, something he didnt do with Laxus. Albeit a weak point, you also forgot to mention my point with Natsu, and his fire not being able to be manipulated by Totomaru when he used Macaos Flame of Emotion magic. What we do have, despite the inconistencies, is Laxus beating someone immune to lightning by combining his great grandfathers ACTUAL lightning magic (adding magic to his attack) and Natsus normal fire being manipulated by Totomaru, however when combined with Macaos Flame of Emotion magic (adding magic to his attack) his fire was no longer manipulatable. So it isnt automatically countered, since Natsu is still in play however Laxus is inconsistent, but the facts are there

And yes, the R System was made to absorb the exact quantity, meaning the Lacrimas were holding the power to destroy a country. I gave a good analogy as to why it has its actual durability above ^^. Also the magic didnt leak until the entire thing was destroyed, causing a tornado filled with Etherions country busting magic, which Natsu not only survived but overpowered and dragged Erza out of. Now I see what you mean about it not being able to absorb more (although I cant find it absorbing EXACT amounts) however read my reasoning I gave to @Dank.

Now yes, Dragons Cry was divided into thousands of magical circles, however this was only OVER FIORE. Due fact Zash (who actually activated Dragon Cry) only wanted to Destroy Fiore, not the entirety of Ishgar. So this means, if it only released the power to destroy ONE Country, it still has the power to destroy NINE. Henceforth he did absorb that much, and Natsu should be classified as 6-B AT LEAST but tbh its 6-A (because i do think 9 countries does classify as continent busting). And his half dragon form was unexistant, it was an illusion, which is why there was the instant fading in and fading back from the form. This is base Natsu.

Natsu pulling out Erza means nothing as absolute nothing says how strong he had to be to do it. Just because th lacrimal contain all that magical energy it doesn't mean their attraction force is just as strong or else Erza would of been pushed inside instantly which didn't happen.

ButBlanked said:
For Spectrum and light stuff we wait, but for the rest.
Dragon cry was indeed active thx to his henchman but it was Animus who later re activated the dragon cry's circles and start causing destruction so my point stays that he only used a very small portion of its power against Natsu. This is not to be questioned further as its literraly what happened.
But as I just mentioned, the power to bust 10 countries was only used on one as Zash literally said, meaning the amount assimilated is quantifiable. And as for what you mentioned earlier, thanks for the checking on Spectrum (I know my fair share of comics too hehe, did u know I read all of Thors standalone comics?) and yes I agree laxus being faster than his magic is irrelevant, however Sheoth mentioned it, I thought I might as well attempt to counter it.

@Blanked btw I just want to thank you for being here, a FT fan critisizing against me is what I need to make my argument the strongest it can be.

As for Erza, the tornado had all of Etherions power being released at once, it is obviously not a walk in the park to leave a country busting tornado. Erza even emphasized that, by asking/stating (cant remember accurately) "You pulled me out?"

It really means nothing. No where is it stated that those "tornadoes" have strength equal to the magical energy the R system poses. That's your head cannon.

Blanked said:
It really means nothing. No where is it stated that those "tornadoes" have strength equal to the magical energy the R system poses. That's your head cannon.
I guess youre right, I do admit this is my assumption. However, it isnt baseless is it.This is a tornado caused by the R System failing and releasing all of its magical power, which was country busting. Its not so far fetched to say that the tornado, which is Etherion, has the same capabilities as the blast is it?

Seriously you need to stop with the tower of heaven argument when it was clearly explained by every and each of those characters that etherion would of killed them so anything you say after that is irrelevant.

Mostly cause head canons are yours only.

Blanked said:
Seriously you need to stop with the tower of heaven argument when it was clearly explained by every and each of those characters that etherion would of killed them so anything you say after that is irrelevant.
Mostly cause head canons are yours only.
I mean, base Natsu did say that, however this was DF Natsu. Different circumstance, isnt it?

It's an assumption and it's basless because the etherion is the entire tower not just one or two of those "tornadoes". It's the tower itself.

The Tornado was caused by the destruction and release of the towers held energy. I fail to understand why it is baseless. But I believe this isnt going to get us anywhere, I would much rather discuss Animus, as that is a much better feat.I can leave the Tower of Heaven interpretation to the staff, if my logic and arguments ever get strong enough to gain staffs attention.

Well, i gtg go now so don't have time. That said Dragon Cry's energy was divided to do overtime damage which means you can't determine how much of its energy was used so it won't scale in any case no matter what interpretation you use.

Also, base Natsu can't fly so no that wasn't an illusion it was the dragon himself who was having those temporary visions. Not to mention Hiro did that on purpose, he showed Natsu's END(demon) side in the manga and his Dragon side in the movie as Natsu is both.

For spectrum i need to see how she was scaled from people that have done the scailing otherwise i can't talk about her.

Blanked said:
Well, i gtg go now so don't have time. That said Dragon Cry's energy was divided to do overtime damage which means you can't determine how much of its energy was used so it won't scale in any case no matter what interpretation you use.
Also, base Natsu can't fly so no that wasn't an illusion it was the dragon himself who was having those visions. Not to mention Hiro did that on purpose, he showed Natsu's END(demon) side in the manga and his Dragon side in the movie as Natsu is both.

For spectrum i need to see how she was scaled from people that have done the scailing otherwise i can't talk about her.
Base Natsu can fly, he showed it in the Flute Demon arc (using Macos magic) and in Tartaros when coming up to Igneel. And it was an illusion, if not why did it fade instantly? And repeatedly? And other than FDKM, he needs a trigger to activate DF, like a large power boost. Meaning it couldnt have been DF.

As for Dragon Cry, again, it has the power to destroy the countrys those ways. However, only enough magic to destroy was used, meanings there was 9x that power left, regardless of it being used overtime or not.

And I will eagerly await your reply

Almost forgot the explosion of Etherion was redirect into Sky so Natsu and Erza didn't tank it. Tornadoes created from the explosion are much much weaker than explosion it self.

@Blanked only in the anime was it redirected into the sky, in the manga it became the tornado. But again, I believe we should leave interpretation to staff, because I dont believe we will get anywhere arguing

http://m.*************/manga/fairy_tail/v13/c101/17.html

I love people who think they know more about FT than me. Cause proving them wrong is fun. This is a statement from the manga so it's legit, the etherion energy was redirected into the sky leaving behind it a tornado and that's it. So Natsu doesn't scale.

For Animus you have several wrongs in one right.

1. The energy of Dragon say was said to be superior to that of Etherion(ten times), but Etherion's destructive capacity is still superior to Dragon Cry. Just like Fairy heart is infinitely more powerful than etherion and dragon cry, but it's destructive capacity is limited to its user.

2. No it was not used only on fiore for two reasons. One is the fact kingdom of Stella doesn't belong to fiore which means the said power is used on this kingdom as well. Two because you can't affect the kingdom of fiore if you first don't reach kingdom of bosco which means this kingdom was affected at least. Another thing is the fact the dude literraly says that the entire continiet has became a magical circle tho I will address that as mistake done by the author.

That said a minimum of 3 kingdoms was affected by Dragon Cry which needs who knows how long to destroy them because as said before its destructive capacity is not equivalent to the amout of magical energy.

Also, I just asked for spectrum and the situation is diffrent entirely. We scale spectrum on its original story as Marvel comics have differnt writers (which means spectrum can transform into real light and she was able to use light without making it visible) and her FTL speed is not even based on light in the first place, but something else.

She also has many feats that are light speed and above so she is not a good argument considering FT in general has none.

Too put it simple for diffrence of Spectrum, Sting has nothing that proves him using real light and thus we do not consider it as such.

@Blanked I dont believe I know more FT than you, I believe in equal terms.Thanks for showing this, it saves time for the staff. As for the rest

Im sorry how, The King mentioned how Dragon Cry can destroy the continet (Etherion can only destroy a country) and it was stated to have the power of 10 Etherions, I dont see why Etherion> Dragon Cry. And when was it ever stated Fairy Heart is limited to the user? Its limited in power because as happy stated and Mavis agreed, it is an infinite fountain of magic, not an finite power. The power was used in the Kingdom because DC was there, but it was originally aimed at Fiore, also the Kingdom of Stella was only an island as shown in DC, barely a country, so thats a miniscule power reduction. And thats your head canon, and assumption, that it hit Bosco. The fact is we saw Dragon Cry hit Stella and Fiore, and Zash only intended to hit Fiore and those are the facts, not assumptions, but actual happenings. Everything else is assumption, even then if we consider Stella to be country thats still 8 countries worth of power Animus assimilated and Natsu overpowered.

And I saw you ask about Spectrum (I was talking to same staff member, Ant right) and you asked the wrong questions.The question at hand isnt Spectrums speed,but rather what she can do with her light. People are saying Stings light isnt light because its A.- Bendable B.- Destructive C.- Visible, all of which Spectrum has done (A.- she creates illusions by bending light B.- self explanatory C.- read a comic you can see her blasts). So if these are counters for Stings light not being light, then Spectrums light shouldnt be light, and henceforth she shouldnt be the speed mentioned in her thread and she shouldnt have light manipulation as one of her powers. (Also her "light speed feats" are because of multiple statements of her being able to control light, literally same as Sting)

And how does Sting not have any real proof of him using Real Light? Other than those 3 counters mentioned above, no one has fully countered Erza or Rogue statement (other than Dank and his translation which im trying to figure out now) or Slayers releasing their actual element, not to sound arrogant ofc, that is the last thing I want to do here.

Erza and Rogue's statments are not relevant for the simple fact of Sting using indeed light, but the problem is that light is not real life light and thus moves slower.

That said his light will never be accepted to be real and i already said why. Whether you accept that is on you.

They don't use true elements because true fire can't burn magic like Natsu did.

Either buy the official volumes or use mangasee as they tend to upload the official translations from viz, this needs more than just a blantent word of someone saying light, especially when another older and wiser Character said it was holy and not mentioning light at all, in order to prove it's light you need to A. Show it's Ability to reflect/refract B. Have it not bend without reflection/refraction but due to B. Being tour biggest enemy here as that has already happened,

Just check up on the rules of some of the rules, they'll tell you about how speed is handled (including how lasers are handled which is were my argument above is from).

As for the Time Skip Scene(which is canon even though it didnt appear in the manga)

In order to make that point ^^^valid you need to provide proof such as a statement from the author or show a panel from the manga referencing it.

Absorbing something doesn't mean that object can tank that amount of energy, if natsu broke it with his bare hands despite not having the feats anywhere comparable then no it doesn't have the durability, and no natsu saving her from the vortex is not another feat as this is just blatant outlier territory (if the feats do match consistently with what the Character has shown especially after the feat took place then it's an outlier powered by plot).

Like mentioned he reactivated it and split int into many small circles, then when fighting natsu he had to reabsorb energy showing that he had no where near the energy of dragon cry in his body.

@Blanked how is he not using real light? The only indication of him NOT using real light is if it were magical (which I have covered) and the light not behaving the way it should (which I also countered that by mentioning Spectrum and how she is treated).

And how can you say that? Natsus fire transcends reality (burnt walls of reality when sent to another dimension by Zero and Midnight) and has burnt time and absolute zero colds, this alone should explain that it can burn magic and energy out of sheer power. Are we now gonna say Human Torch isnt Pyrokinetic cause his fire doesnt behave the way it should, or Omega Icemans ice isnt ice because it froze the speed of light around Juggernaut?

I quite frankly find it strange how all of the counters for Sting Natsu and Dragon Slayers here can be put to other elemental characters from anime and comics, however FT wont be accepted and they already have. I dont see why this is the case.

@Dank thank you! However MangaFreak and ******** also use translations from Viz?

And the fact an older and wiser person said what the magic is doesnt matter, because she is right but not entirely right. His element is Holy and White, but as mentioned with Wendy their attribute doesnt equal what they release. Wendy doesnt release the sky no she manipules air and eats air. Sting doesnt manipulate Holiness and White he has to release an element as ive proved and henceforth that element is light, makes sense considering his counterpart is Shadow and Darkness.

As for light not behaving how it should, I have already talked to @Sheoth and @Blanked about how this isnt a fair point to be made, since characters who do manipulate light (Spectrum) have done all the things Sting has done and this Fandom accepts their light as light. I mean hell Green Lanters manipulate light and they can bend it however they want to create jetplanes and make them solid yet no one bats an eye but here they do? Its frankly unfair FT gets this treatment and comics dont when its the same principle.

As for the anime, I agreed with you and said I will treat it as non canon until I can find statements to show that it is canon.

He didnt reactivate it, Shaz activated it and it hit Fiore, the intended target. When Animus assimilated it the circles actually diminished iirc. Either way, as discussed with @Blanked Dragon Cry only hit 2 countries FOR FACT, everything else is assumption and something we didnt see, meaning Animus still absorbed the power to destroy 8 countries, which is still a high 6-A.

Dude Characters with much more legit light were denied LS stop trying to push this. Sting light is not real light. It bends it doesn't get reflected. He doesn't even eat light he eats white things.

Bepo4151 said:
Dude Characters with much more legit light were denied LS stop trying to push this. Sting light is not real light. It bends it doesn't get reflected. He doesn't even eat light he eats white things.
Spectrums light bends yet her light is considered as "legit light. Same with Green Lanterns, and all they have is statements saying that they manip light, just like Sting. I dont see a reason to not push for this, its something I believe in and want to work hard for until I am shut down.

As for what he eats, Rakheid power was actually described as light by the narrator, "His Halo of Light shall shake the very foundations of the war"

Thats some sick ass light ngl. But moving on from the point, it doesnt matter whether or not Rakheids light is real or magical, its the fact that he uses light in his magic, its not just white, when Stiing ate it he was eating light one form or the other. However in my doc I proved that Slayers do release their natural element, so Sting is releasing natural light. I have mentioned all of this above, if you havent read the entire debate I would like you to read it since it does cover quite alot :)

There is exactly one character from one piece who is ls and it is only when he turns into light. He is also stated to move at ls and his light does meet the criteria for real light. We dont consider his lasers Ls otherwise half of op will be ftl. Idk about the others but spectrum has a calc for her speed and green lanter is mftl for crossing lightyears in hours.

@Bepo im not talking about Kizaru, but rather his robots that have the same power as him. That is considered LS isnt it? And Spectrum has a calc for speed on the basis since she is made of light she is LS, and I am not talking about GL speed but rather their constructs (which have been stated to be light and in this wiki fandom is considered to be legit light, which is also shown by the fact Dr Light can manipulate it and btw his light also bends and stuff like Sting)

Kuma is ls because he was stated to be able to repell things at light speed. The lasers he uses are not considered ls here.

@Bepo yet Kuma doesnt meet all the criteria for the laser, right? Even if we ignore One Piece, we have 4 comic characters I have mentioned that definitely dont follow that criteria, or the criteria for "conventional light" stated by other users above, who are still considered to be LS (on in GL case to manipulate light) and I dont see why these reasons should be used against Sting when it isnt against others.

Did you even read Bepo4151's reply? He said Kuma was stated to repel things at the speed of light not his lasers. And not to mention his profile even states that him repelling at the speed of light is probably a hyperbole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back