• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse Discussion Board 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Fabtastic Glasses

Not necessarily. Karna's strikes, through his godly skill and raw strength, were all A-Rank Attacks.

So, according to the Type-Moon Wiki, Sieg was able to offset attacks like Brahmastra Kundala with Balmung and temporarily hold off Vasavi Shakti. Would this mean an upgrade for him and Siegfried? Or would it be an outlier?

First, it's Siegfried, not Sieghart, who's from Rave Master.

Secondly, I think the upgrade (if it's possible) would only be for Kundala since VS was blocked by Astolfo using Akhilleus Kosmos (which got destroyed in the process).

Finally, you could always wait for translations since EDreamer from Beast's Lair is releasing the Volume 4 and 5 translations since CanonRap's Vol 3 work is taking too much time to finish. You can find Vol 4 Prologue and Chapter 1 here, along with Red Servant profiles and extra stuff.: https://fateapocryphathetranslation.wordpress.com/volume-4/

Wait what? Balmung was able to offset Brahmastra Kundala? or just attacks from it and not the actual Np?

Because that would be...doubtful. I mean if Brahmastra Kundala>>>Excalibur (which is the most common sence, aside the seals thingy) and Excalibur>>>Clerent, then how it's that possible? since Balmung and Clerent are almost equal in terms of raw power.

Kinda wierd. I should catch up with the translations...

@KamiYasha

I reread it, the Type-Moon Wiki says this:

"When Sieg battles Lancer of Red, he is able to use Balmung together with Galvanism to great effect and is able to activate Balmung consecutively. After witnessing two back-to-back attacks on the level of Brahmastra Kundala, Lancer decides that there is only one way to win and uses Vasavi Shakti. Balmung would have been penetrated in only two seconds, but Sieg uses a command spell to boost it, allowing it to reach an equal footing with Vasavi Shakti. It becomes a battle of will from this point on, but since Sieg's opponent was Karna who was famous for his indomitable will, Vasavi Shakti was able to break through Balmung."

So it's stating that a fully-charged Balmung is on par with Brahmastra Kundala and could temporarily withstand Vasavi Shakti while backed by an additional Dead Count Shapeshifter Command Seal.

We should probably wait for the translations, but this would scale to Clarent Blood Arthur, wouldn't it?

We should wait but only Brahmastra Kundala is plausible to scale to Clarent Blood Arthur since scaling to Vasavi Shakti is pretty iffy imo but then the predicament is other weapons get scaled. Like,

Sealed Rho (killed Vortigen who was the embodiment of Britain at the time in one blow iirc and same Vortigern was able to make Excalibur and Galatine lose pretty much all of their power) >>> Excalibur blast =(?) Arondight Overload >> Clarent Blood Arthur (gets ranked up to A++ in FGO) > Excalibur Galatine(without Numeral, with Numeral it should at least be comparable to Clarent Blood Arthur's new A++ rating, possibly Excalibur and Arondight level) .

I initially thought it was because Sieg had multiple buffs while Armor of Fafnir was nerfing Karna's attacks but then the same can be said about Karna's Kavacha and Kundala, so I disregarded the notion.

So in all I'm slightly ok with Balmung and plausibly Calrent getting scaled to Brahmastra Kundala but not Vasavi Shakti.

i personally view Np ranks as being indicative of their actual raw power, not how much range they have, because Nasu based a lot of stuff on RPGs and those make the distinction between range and damage done to other characters. you can have a massively powerful attack that doesn't have much range.

for example, Sephyr was able to resist the heat of the stars, but got one-shotted by a beam that wasn't even as wide as a mountain. usually you would generate a much larger explosion just to replicate that kind of heat, but NPs don't operate under that logic

Epic of Remnant: Shinjuku PV.

TVCM þ¼¼8Õ╝¥
TVCM þ¼¼8Õ╝¥

New Servants
Shinjuku Archer, EMIYA Alter(I think and not just a corrupted version like in Fuyuki), Shinjuku Assassin and Shinjuku Avenger(most likely Dullahan).

Unlimited Lost Works (basically UBW: Origin Bullet edition)
ÒÇÉFate Grand OrderÒÇæÒé¿ÒâƒÒâñÒé¬Òâ½Òé┐,Õ«ØÕàÀ『ÒéóÒâ│Òâ¬ÒâƒÒâåÒââÒâë´¢ÑÒâ¡Òé╣ÒâêÒâ»Òâ╝Òé»Òé╣』Emiya Orta, treasure Unlimited Lost Works
ÒÇÉFate Grand OrderÒÇæÒé¿ÒâƒÒâñÒé¬Òâ½Òé┐,Õ«ØÕàÀ『ÒéóÒâ│Òâ¬ÒâƒÒâåÒââÒâë´¢ÑÒâ¡Òé╣ÒâêÒâ»Òâ╝Òé»Òé╣』Emiya Orta, treasure "Unlimited Lost Works"

Yea knowing Nasu Avenger of Shinjuku might not be Dullahan though it's wolf looks pretty cool and yea EMIYA Alter looks funny and the memes about him and Pucci are great xD
Pucci Emiya

The Avenger's Np is is "Frieren Scharfrichter". Scharfrichter means literally "executioner", that might be a hint to his identity. A germanic executioner.

Acording to someones from reddit:

The headless horseman is part of Germanic folklore, and he's been said to seek out criminals and execute them for their transgressions.... and in some he even has a pack of hounds along with him (which may explain his mount).

So he might be that or a Dullahan involved or both.

@Sage, LOL.

Was thinking the same thing when I say the shackles and how the wolf had greater detail to it. For some odd reason Fenrir jumped into my head during the PV.

I don't think the wolf dude is actually riding Fenrir. The theory KamiYasha posted makes more sense to me. Also, why would Fenrir accept to be mounted by someone, and why would that someone be headless?

Then again, this is Nasu we're talking about, so who knows.

Some people are saying Avenger is Hessian Lobo (Some kind of German version of Lobo the King of Currumpaw, not entirely sure), while the new Archer is James Moriarty and Assassin is Yan Qing.

The new Archer identity is confirmed as the Professor James Moriarty, and the new Assassin as Yan Qing.

Just skimmed through random posts(Can't belive I didn't know about this thread).

First, Krishna as Rider would be too OP. Throughout the Mahabharatha, Krishna was pretty much one of the main, if not the main in the Pandavas side. The entire war was pretty much politics and knowing when it is okay to be wrong at its finest. He (and Shakuni) pretty much were politics-fighting throughout the war.

Secondly, Krishna is dark-skinned, yes. I'm not even sure why they show him Blue in the visual series's.

Thirdly, Krishna has an infant had the entire universe(or solar system, might be wrong) in his mouth. During the Kurukshetra War, he pretty much was the embodiment of the universe/multiverse.

Fourthly, he's an avatar of Vishnu, who has something called the Sudarshana Chakra as a weapon, which is pretty much one of the most OP things in the Indian Mythos. It literally chased one single dude across three different worlds without losing any speed or power, The dude in question was a sage(Attacked one of Vishnu's greatest Devotees), who went to Brahma and Shiva who outright said that they couldn't help and only Vishnu could do anything to him. This would enable Krishna to be an OP archer, Imo.

Fifthly, I don't think Karna would be an archer, because if from Indian Mythos, there are only two possibilities. Either Arjuna himself(Blindfolded, could shoot the eyeball of a bird through just a single sound it made or Ekalavya, an Archer who is stated to be as superior as or even better than Arjuna, but was pretty much sabotaged-ish.

So happy to see that people in the thread, who questionably aren't even Indians actually know the mythos to some degree, Lol. Most Indians refuse to read it themselves.

Moriarty and Yan have Gundam esque NPs, Moriarty's being like S. Freedom's METEOR spam and Yan's being Shining Gundam's Shining Finger.

µû░Õ«┐Òü«ÒéóÒâ╝ÒâüÒâúÒâ╝ÒÇÉFGOÒÇæÕ«ØÕàÀ EXÒéóÒé┐ÒââÒé» ÒÇÉFate Grand OrderÒÇæ Archer of Shinjuku Noble Phantasm EXattack
µû░Õ«┐Òü«ÒéóÒâ╝ÒâüÒâúÒâ╝ÒÇÉFGOÒÇæÕ«ØÕàÀ EXÒéóÒé┐ÒââÒé» ÒÇÉFate Grand OrderÒÇæ Archer of Shinjuku Noble Phantasm EXattack

Fate Grand Order Assassin(Yan Qing) Noble Phantasm Shi Mian Mai FuÒâ╗Wu Ying Zuo Wei
Fate Grand Order Assassin(Yan Qing) Noble Phantasm Shi Mian Mai FuÒâ╗Wu Ying Zuo Wei

LlamaGod1411 said:
Just skimmed through random posts(Can't belive I didn't know about this thread).
First, Krishna as Rider would be too OP. Throughout the Mahabharatha, Krishna was pretty much one of the main, if not the main in the Pandavas side. The entire war was pretty much politics and knowing when it is okay to be wrong at its finest. He (and Shakuni) pretty much were politics-fighting throughout the war.

Secondly, Krishna is dark-skinned, yes. I'm not even sure why they show him Blue in the visual series's.

Thirdly, Krishna has an infant had the entire universe(or solar system, might be wrong) in his mouth. During the Kurukshetra War, he pretty much was the embodiment of the universe/multiverse.

Fourthly, he's an avatar of Vishnu, who has something called the Sudarshana Chakra as a weapon, which is pretty much one of the most OP things in the Indian Mythos. It literally chased one single dude across three different worlds without losing any speed or power, The dude in question was a sage(Attacked one of Vishnu's greatest Devotees), who went to Brahma and Shiva who outright said that they couldn't help and only Vishnu could do anything to him. This would enable Krishna to be an OP archer, Imo.

Fifthly, I don't think Karna would be an archer, because if from Indian Mythos, there are only two possibilities. Either Arjuna himself(Blindfolded, could shoot the eyeball of a bird through just a single sound it made or Ekalavya, an Archer who is stated to be as superior as or even better than Arjuna, but was pretty much sabotaged-ish.

So happy to see that people in the thread, who questionably aren't even Indians actually know the mythos to some degree, Lol. Most Indians refuse to read it themselves.
correction to be made: the godly feats for krishna did not exist in the mahabharata or even the times when the mahabharata was first being composed, instead, they are parts of vaishnavism which itself was codified in some 1800 years after the mahabharata was written, so it was the equivalent of a modern day person trying to retcon a play or poem written in the year 200 AD

As a result I dont think those things would be attributed to krishna. In the non tampered versions, he does have access very powerful weapons and shields (which are universe level+ or even higher) along with haxed abilities and spells; and definitely has enough cunning to mess with the minds of even very intelligent opponents. So yeah that is valid for sure

correction to be made: the godly feats for krishna did not exist in the mahabharata or even the times when the mahabharata was first being composed, instead, they are parts of vaishnavism which itself was codified in some 1800 years after the mahabharata was written, so it was the equivalent of a modern day person trying to retcon a play or poem written in the year 200 AD

As a result I dont think those things would be attributed to krishna. In the non tampered versions, he does have access very powerful weapons and shields (which are universe level+ or even higher) along with haxed abilities and spells; and definitely has enough cunning to mess with the minds of even very intelligent opponents. So yeah that is valid for sure

The thing is, Mahabharatha was said to be orally passed on. No source is 100% reliable, hence a bit of all commendable and decent, sensible sources should be considered. Most have Krishna as a superpower, which necessarily might not be true, but is the commonly accepted belief.

Besides, Nasuverse doesn't really consider all the myths, iirc. It would be fun/tiring making pages for Indian Mythos, though.

I know abut the oral stuff, but krishna being that godly wasnt a thing even as eearly as 400 BCE

that stuff was clearly added later on, and hence not geniune to the story of mahabharata itself

^ Again, it pretty much depends on what version you consider the original. I pretty much gather information from multiple sources.

400BCE is the oldest texts in existance for Mahabharatha, right? It was the 9th centure BC or somewhere around there when the events actually transpired.

@LlamaGod1411 and TLT1

For the third time, would you mind taking the mythology talk someplace else please?

Yan Qing's stats

STR B, END D, AGI A+, Mana D, LUC B, NP D

Seems like your usual everyday Assassin (B STR is nice though)

And Personal Skills

Espionage A

Celestial Star A+

Chinese Kenpo EX (Li Shuwen has a Chinese martial arts friend now)

With Class Skills

Presence Concealment C

Honourable Man A

"Krishna wasn't originally a powerful god, just an avatar".

Bhavagad Gita is part of the Mahabaratara, you know? That makes it very clear that Krishna is the source of EVERYTHING, even gods like Brahma.

^Nasuverse discussion thread Matthew

Anyway. Yan Qing fused with the Phantom Doppelganger sounds cool. Shapesifting Chinese Kung Fu guy. And apparently, both Lobo and the headless soldier riding him doesn't really pay that much attention to each other

Clearly an Outlier.

Like i said in the same post, there are some mayor flaws regarding the statement.

@TLT1

In Fate/Strange Fake, the planet was literally being torn apart by the activation of Ea and was only saved by the fact that Enkidu was present to provide the perfect countermeasure against it.

Needless to say, take EVERYTHING said in the narrative with a grain of salt, because Nasu is a troll who doesn't always care for consistency.

So......new discussion thread for this? It's kind of taking a bit for me to load stuff here and it's about over 400 comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back