• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto vs Goku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I know Goku wins normally due to his different setting (doesn't necessarily mean it's a better story though since it was pretty repetitive in plot, but at least super looks to be better (I hope).

Speed equalized

AP equalized

Durability equalized.

No running away

In character

Basically a battle of martial arts/fightning skills.

UPDATE

just thought of this actually, Naruto has truth seeking balls, but that's going to be banned because it negates durability.

Both characters are equal durability, speed, AP etc. but both will be fightning in their strongest mode.

strongest attack=strongest attack ex. strongest kamehameha wave=tailed beast bomb rasen shurikens, (spirit bomb requires outside help, so it's not allowed, Kurama however is fine because he's part of Naruto's mode in a way and is internal)

middle tier attacks=middle tier attacks

weakest attack=weakest attack

Basically this to avoid quantity over quality of attack.

Bonus round

Whos smarter?

Many of the Hax in Naruto, IIRC, ignores durability. If i'm mistaken, then i apologize, i must have been confused by the wanking that happens on HST threads.

Do the transformations/power ups count as a skill? Or it breaks the "stats equalized" rules? And if we include DBS, actual Goku possesses Godly Ki, and we still don't know what he's fully capable of, but he's probably skilled enough to deal with Naruto's attacks, he is a battle genius after all. Although Naruto has more versality in his attacks, mmm.

I kind of updated it to make it make more sense. I realized durability negation with truth seeking balls would make this one sided so I excluded that.

Basically what I'm looking for is who is actually better at fightning if they were fightning on equal terms.

goku hands down, he showed several times that he can analyze a enemy and attack with the minimum amount of power (namek arc), etc etc

he has battle smarts but never shwoed real intelligence that requires immense IQ or so, aurasuke what do you man with "smarter"? book smarts? if so than this is narutos victory (not that goku was a real hard enemy in that category), but battle smarts go to goku ^_^

This is really hard given the circumstances. I'd have to go with Naruto due to variety.

Rasenshuriken deals cellular damage, Planetary Rasengan makes a tornado, Kagebunshin makes for a great distraction especially in speed, AP and durability equal, Sage mode allows damage without hitting via Kawazu Kumite, multiple extra arms for offensive purposes via chakra modes, empathic tracking is like a Sharingan/Byakugan thing to be able to catch wind of where Goku could come from after teleporting, Sage art elemental Rasenshurikens, Magnet release, Kurama healing factor, and the erupting propulsion fist to somehow attempt to equalize the h2h between them by amping attack power.

Goku has his teleportation, superior h2h, varieties of Kamehameha like the ones from his feet to propel himself faster (countering the speed equal rule) and the one that bends, Destructo disk, multiple volleys of ki blasts which Naruto has yet to encounter something so spammable, Solar flare as a surprise attack and setup for better attacks, grappling knowhow (he did a full-nelson on Raditz) to cement his h2h superiority, Crazy fist to counter Naruto's empathic tracking, and his random move like when he poked his opponent in the eyes.

Intelligence-wise, Goku can analyze faster and better mid-combat as he has always shown to do but Naruto creates multi-step plans midbattle. Basically, a tactician vs a strategist.

Goku is still the better close combat fighter though, I still go with Naruto.

Dragon ball goku stop hammer time
Goku blows Naruto away with epic dance moves.

Naruto moon level bitchsmack
Talk to the hand.

SSGDanny said:
wait cant goku use the kaio-ken to get a temporary 20x boost in all stats, or is this not allowed?
Probably allowed if Naruto's chakra cloak of equivalent power level is allowed.

Intelligence-wise, outside of combat of course as combat-wise, I already said my part in my previous post.

Academically, Goku has pretty much zero education. This is a guy who got married because he though it was food. This is why their lifestyle is very simple. He's a farmer (yes, he is), Chichi is a housewife, and Gohan does...whatever he does to keep them afloat, given that he's the only one to have high proper education (I don't remember about Chichi having one despite coming from a well-off family).

Naruto on the other hand has atleast enough education to manage his personal finances during his pre-war ninja days, even to the point of managing Jiraiya's as well because Jiraiya is a pervert. And given his elevation to Hokage, he presumably gets a lot more education, enough to run a militaristic village.

TL;DR, Naruto is academically smarter, not because Goku is outright stupid (though he does look like it), but because he didn't recieve proper education like Naruto.

Naruto.Goku's training is just physical and all his training result only in gettiing new form of SSJ while Naruto's training varies and allows him to get different kind of abilities.Just look at how Naruto learned and perfected rasengan (and its forms) and Goku's kamehameha (meh).

I vote Naruto.

I'll have to say Goku, as his uncanny ability to copy techniques like solar flare and destructo disk should prove to be useful, then theres the kaio ken as well.

For academics: Naruto, Battle Smarts: Son Goku

Aurasuke said:
doesn't necessarily mean it's a better story though since it was pretty repetitive in plot.
Dragon Ball as a hole is far from repetitive.

Ok let's do this:

Naruto: has a good diversity of Technique, kagebushin, resengan/shuriken, bijuudama, he also have The TSB which has atomic destruction but the range is not it's strongest point, when it comes to h2h he's a pretty good martial artist given his age and have immence strength in his rikudo mode, he's way smarter then Goku in general and he's has better tactics.

Goku: On the other hand we have Goku, who have great techniques too, like Solar flare, Kaioken which he can increase his overall stats for a short period of time, he has the Kamehameha, which is also a ower boost, meaning if Goku is equal to Naruto In AP, His Kamehameha is stronger than his normal AP(The fight with raditz is a proof), Goku is a complete master in martial arts, he also have a great anylising skills which is useful in tough situation.

The outcome: Well both Characters have equal stats but different skills, while Goku's Have skill that enhance his stats, Naruto doesn't exept for the TSB but then again, the Range is terribly poor and Goku can Land a lethal hit without even touching naruto, but if Goku jokes arround(which is highly unlikely since they're the same strngth and Goku can feel it) The fight would be another Goku vs Cell But Naruto have Lower durrability and Less Fighting Inteligence, and an IT Kamehameha would maybe do the job.

Goku But with extreme Difficulty, and Naruto If Goku jokes arround.

Bonus round: Goku can hardly count bro.

SomebodyData said:
I'll have to say Goku, as his uncanny ability to copy techniques like solar flare and destructo disk should prove to be useful, then theres the kaio ken as well.
For academics: Naruto, Battle Smarts: Son Goku
Oh, I totally forgot about that, Son Goku can copy techniques after seeing the once, and the same techniques doesn't work twice on him (proven multiple times, like in his fight with Beerus), because he would know how to counter them. And the fact that he can channel all of his Ki into a single attack (like in his fight with King Piccolo) is also a factor, not to mention that every attack he does gets amped with his Ki, even a punch, and yeah, the Kaioken amps this further x20, and with that he could blitz Naruto.

Interesting, but I already equalized strongest forms ^ if you want to use Kaioken as his strongest it's equal to BM perfect form Naruto, but instead of having them both stretch their limits, why not just say Goku SSGSS is his strongest and forget Kaioken.

Basically I'm not looking for a match in power vs power but rather skill, ability, battle strategy, etc.

Sure Lambdadelta or Bernasktel can blitz Goku easily, but they aren't really material artists and they'd probably lose if no hax were allowed and if all stats were equalized including dimensions.

Anyway, I chose these two because they are actual marterial artists (unlike sailor moon vs beerus lol)

Aurasuke said:
Interesting, but I already equalized strongest forms ^ if you want to use Kaioken as his strongest it's equal to BM perfect form Naruto, but instead of having them both stretch their limits, why not just say Goku SSGSS is his strongest and forget Kaioken.
Basically I'm not looking for a match in power vs power but rather skill, ability, battle strategy, etc.

Sure Lambdadelta or Bernasktel can blitz Goku easily, but they aren't really material artists and they'd probably lose if no hax were allowed and if all stats were equalized including dimensions.

Anyway, I chose these two because they are actual marterial artists (unlike sailor moon vs beerus lol)
Kaio-Ken isn't a transformation, it's a technique/skill that multiplies the overall stats by the amount the user desires, but putting a strain on his body, is like saying that Naruto's Truth Seeking Balls do the same amount of damage than his other attacks, but it does not as it ignores durability to a certain extent. This is battle of techniques right? This technique has these properties and can be used in a battle about skills.

But you're right about Goku not using the kaio-ken anymore, he knows that it's not very useful against stronger opponents because it drains his stamina too much, but the problem is that Goku still hasn't stop growing as a character, who knows what techniques he would develop in the future, and Naruto iirc is already over.

For the moment, I'll still go with Goku, at least with high difficulty.

goku takes it he is a far better Martial Artist than Naruto. His Techniques like Afterimages, IT(can be used in combat aka watch BoG, Dragon Fist (which was desgined to boost himself everytime he used it he was at that time weaker then the Opponent, he has Ki Blasts, a huge set of Martial arts under his belt (Muten Roshi, who has 354 Years lived meaning exp and he gave Goku around 320 Years of Exp into him),Korin,Mr Popo(pecking Order) and Kami ( a God of Earth) and he learned a lot of Tech. espaically Super Kamehameha,Flying Kamehameha and many more.

Don't you mean actual martial artists? There are such a thing as higher-dimensional martial artists.

Hmm Gonna have to say Goku in Battle smarts and Academically both are similar in stupidy but lately in DBS manga i saw Goku pass a exam so yea i am leaning to Goku in intelligents. Skills and abilities can go either way but i am leaning towards Goku aswell for Naruto he has different types of rasengan, shadow clones, tail beast bomb, he also has sage mode which allows him to sense danger or something like that, naruto also learnt Frog Kumite. Now Goku has Kamehameha, solarflare, destructo disc, afterimage, instant transmission, normal ki blast and he is a skilled martial artist etc. can't list all too lazy, so in this category Goku can be more versatile when fighting naruto because of all his techniques.

Goku has an unblockable technique as well, but he deliberately chose not to use it that much since: A, his enemies can regenerate from even unblockable techniques, just making Goku angry and wasting his efforts. B, they're not just going to stand there. And C, they're not going to just power up for too long and will do something about it.

I think you need to make it unambiguous, people. Naruto can fly too, but only in certain forms. Goku can fly, even in his base form or standard form before even reaching adulthood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back