• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto vs Avatar! Vs Battle Wiki Soccer Tier 8 Tournament - Round 1, Match 1

659c47d4-4092-4070-b1c6-9c838c34ae62
ff22f131-f848-4941-8d36-9261c5385fd5

"Midfielders. Defenders. Strikers. Goalies. Long ago, the 4 units played
together in harmony. But then, everything changed when the Striker unit
attacked. Only the Avatar, master of all 4 positions, could stop them. But
when the game needed him most...he vanished. A couple years passed, and
my brother and I discovered the new Avatar. A soccer player named Aang. And
although his soccer playing skills are great, he has a lot to learn before he's
ready to beat anyone. But I believe...Aang can save Soccer."

-Katara

"My name is Naruto Uzumaki! What I like is instant cup ramen! What I like even better is when Master Iruka

treats me to ramen at the Ichiraku Noodle Bar! What I hate is the three minute wait after I pour in the boiling
water! My dream is to one day become the greatest soccer player! And then all the people in the stands will
have to acknowledge my existence at last!"

-Naruto to Kakashi

Annnnnd here we are folks! The time has come for us to begin the next generation of vs debating! The practice of vs soccer!
And what better way to start this off then introducing the first match of the Tier 8 Vs Soccer Tournament! In the left corner,
we have the masters of the elements from Avatar The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra! And in the right corner,
we have the aspiring Naruto Uzumaki and his fellow ninjas of stealth! It's time to analyze these characters strengths,
abilities, and skills, to see who would win...a vs soccer game!

Tier: 8

Team Avatar:

Goalie:

Toph Beifong

Forwards:

Aang
Korra
Mako
Bolin

Mid-fielders:

Amon
Suyin
Lin
Ghazan

Defenders:

King Bumi
Tenzin

Extra Players:

Katara
Unalaq
Ming-Wua
Zuko
Azula
Firelord Ozai

Team Naruto:

Goalie:

Defenders:

Midfielders:

Forwards:

Team To Start Kickoff:

Naruto / Boruto team

Additional Rules:

-Both teams are in character
-No direct attacking allowed
-Winner: Whichever team is more likely to score more
points or has the better viable strategies, formations, etc.

Soccer Field Location:

Abandoned Shinganshina District

f2551e1f-7d17-4aa3-88e2-0f5018740e5a

Wish both teams the best of luck, and everyone to have fun, as we officially kick off the tier 8 vs soccer tournament!!!!

Team Avatar votes: 0

Team Naruto votes: 10 (Planck, Pain_to12, Rocker, Popted2, Lord_JJJ, UchihaSlayer96, FluffyCreatureZ, XSOULOFCINDERX, KingTempest, Lightreinh12345)

Inconclusive:

Winner:

Naruto!

Last edited:
From what I can gather, Team Naruto has the advantage in numbers thanks to Naruto himself, stamina and the members are a lot more agile and well versed in close quarters interaction, considering their profession so them I see them holding the ball more often than not. Team Avatar has the advantage in warping the terrain to their benefit and likely more versatility but they'd be hard pressed to deal with people who have experience with elemental techniques. Though, the blood benders would be able to make keeping hold of the ball very hard for the forwards.

I'm leaning towards Team Naruto winning here.

Also, cool idea.

Team naruto, gaara covers the entire post with his stand, no one is scoring,
Naruto kage bushin, overwhelms

Anyway team.naruto

People are definitely making this seem like a fight instead of a game, so I'll intervene. Just saying now, I vote team avatar.

The Naruto team is more skilled, in fighting.
Avatar is a show with combat and sports.

This shows the combat skill between each of the members working together. While Naruto characters are united well in a fight, they haven't shown athletic unison.
Toph and Bumi on their own have so much phenomenal control of the terrain that it'd be impossible for anybody to even get close to their side of the field.

And the combination of Airball mixed with the forever changing terrain of earthbending makes them viciously unpredictable and impossible to dodge.

Worst case scenario, they bury the ball under the ground and move it throughout the field.
With 8 Earthbenders they'll easily know how to maneuver the ball underground in the case that the top is filled to the brim with clones or sand, which would confuse their own team.

And 3 earthbenders at midfield? The amount of walls that will be created is funny. They'll turn the field into a bending arena.

While Naruto characters are united well in a fight, they haven't shown athletic unison.
This literally shouldnt matter, if they can be skilled in fighting together they can be skilled in playing sports together. The only difference is that one is lethal.
Toph and Bumi on their own have so much phenomenal control of the terrain that it'd be impossible for anybody to even get close to their side of the field.
Gaara is the same, on his own his control over the field is comparable if not above Toph and Bumi. Choji's sheer size acts as a perfect counter when attempting to get past him to even get to Gaara's sand.

This is not counting Temari's wind manipulation and Neji's aoe and ability to pin point everything in the field with his byakugan, gettin gpast these three would be nigh impossible. On top of this every ninja is a skilled acrobat apart from maybe Gaara but only because he does not move very much himself.
And the combination of Airball mixed with the forever changing terrain of earthbending makes them viciously unpredictable and impossible to dodge.
Ninja have the perfect moveset to counter this, their ridiculous level of acrobatics completely surpass those of people in avatar in fact I doubt avatar characters would be that hard to predict because they would not even be able to fathom what the ninja can do, remember these people can wall on vertical walls, it doesnt matter if you for example put up a wall in from of them, they just walk up it.
they bury the ball under the ground and move it throughout the field.
Gaara can counter this with ease. Naruto ninja are also capable of burrowing underground.
which would confuse their own team.
byakugan says hi, Gaara says high, Mitsuki says high. You forget that Tayuya is here, her genjutsu would be far more confusing for the avatar team in the field than anything they can pull off.
And 3 earthbenders at midfield? The amount of walls that will be created is funny. They'll turn the field into a bending arena.
Easily countered as I have pointed out above.

Overall you ignored everything the Naruto side can do, imo Naruto team washes with hax.

Have updated the votes! It’s good to see people are loving the idea and putting a lot of thought into it! Seems like it was a great idea to do this tourney lol.

Also just to clarify, in the Shinganshina district photo, the logos of the 2 verses specify where their teams goals are too.

When Team Avatar have more experience in that field but Team Naruto had good abilites that will make them get more points , Naruto FRA

First of all, brilliant idea Kukui! Really creative.

Secondly, I'll go with Team Naruto FRA.
The biggest advantage is Naruto's sheer offensive might and unpredictability thanks to clones, making his attacks damn near impossible to defend against. His stamina is off the charts too, so he'll be at near full strength the whole time.
Another massive advantage though is the sheer defensive power of the team. Gaara is practically impossible to score against thanks to the Sand's instinctive reaction and range. Choji and Neji are like the best possible defense thanks to Kaiten and Expansion respectively, and Temari is a pretty decent all-around dangerous player thanks to her ability to blow away the ball from a distance.

The team is also more athletic, acrobatic, and agile.

Last edited:
First of all, brilliant idea Kukui! Really creative.
Thank ya! I figured a lot of us were getting bored with the usual standard death battles, so I got a little brainstormy here with an idea that's the same principle but not as a battle xD. Took 2+ months to get here but it was worth it!

And I'll be adding your vote. One more vote and we'll reach Grace!

Completely forgot they had byakugan and it's true, genjutsu doesn't count as "damage" so it's valid.

I vote Naruto

Back