• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
momoshiki just waiting for boruto to turn up

ji9vmmm2wbad1.jpeg

this is a terrible video conceptually and the whole premise where it started from is equally garbage

this comes from a lack of understanding from a community that doesn't know how manga is produced as well as literal children who do not know what the job of an editor entails.
dragonball, One Piece, Bleach and pretty much 99% of manga most notably those produced by WSJ have a strong focus on editorial influence that a lot of the greatest and worst aspects of many many many classic manga are a direct direct result of editor influence. thats because its quite literally their jobs.

this is a terrible video conceptually and the whole premise where it started from is equally garbage

this comes from a lack of understanding from a community that doesn't know how manga is produced as well as literal children who do not know what the job of an editor entails.
dragonball, One Piece, Bleach and pretty much 99% of manga most notably those produced by WSJ have a strong focus on editorial influence that a lot of the greatest and worst aspects of many many many classic manga are a direct direct result of editor influence. thats because its quite literally their jobs.
True, but tbf the the title itself is Click Bait. The content of the video simply goes over the extent of Yahagi’s influence on Naruto, due to the narrative that has been going around the fandom.

I disagree with you that it’s a terrible Video because the video, if you’ve watched it, doesn’t make a statement either way on “Who is responsible for Naruto’s Success”. It literally just lists the facts, that’s all.

Only those with narratives can ignore or twist the content of this video into something negative.

its why i specifically pointed out the video conceptually as oppose to the content of the video, because the video's premise is built on seemingly answering a question in regards to a discussion that only exists based on peoples ignorance, its using that discussion to propel a big nothing burger of a video while doing very little to dismisses the issues surrounding the discussion to begin with. if the intent was to shed light on an editors influence on a series theres a million different ways of doing so that doesnt rely on you click baiting and perpetuating the issue.

the only narrative here is using sensationalism as a crux for your video.

its why i specifically pointed out the video conceptually as oppose to the content of the video, because the video's premise is built on seemingly answering a question in regards to a discussion that only exists based on peoples ignorance, its using that discussion to propel a big nothing burger of a video while doing very little to dismisses the issues surrounding the discussion to begin with.
Brother, majority of everything in this world in regard to content is built upon pre-existing factors to some level. There is an incredibly large ignorant faction of the fandom spreading their ignorance on Yahagi’s level of involvement, which we agree on this. This video was made as an evaluation of that growing sentiment (It’s literally the same principle that ALL “Documentaries” stem from). You cannot say it’s using that discussion to propel something (Regardless how you characterize it) then turn around and say it’s doing nothing to dismiss something else. That is a contradiction.
if the intent was to shed light on an editors influence on a series theres a million different ways of doing so that doesnt rely on you click baiting and perpetuating the issue.
Except it’s not “perpetuating” the issue. This is where you are attacking the content of the video. Yes, there are a million ways to go about it, but that doesn’t change the fact this is still a valid way to address it. The video literally evaluates the original ignorant notion by listing the facts of Yahagi’s Involvement and his and Kishi’s dynamic. It doesn’t tell anyone how to think about it either which way and leaves it up to the viewer. This also doesn’t make the video a “nothing burger”.

If I wanted to, I can literally use this video to debunk the ignorance whenever I see someone spreading that narrative without someone having to “take my word for it”, because as you know the ignorant people very rarely listen to reason or are just trolling. That’s not some insignificant thing.

As I said before, the only people would watch this and come out saying the same ignorant shit as they did before they went in are people with agenda’s trying to spin a narrative.
the only narrative here is using sensationalism as a crux for your video.
I think you’re being overly negative on a essentially, “fact checking” video… 😓

Sure, the title is click bait but the content speaks for itself. Yes, this shouldn’t be necessary, but the fact of the matter is it exists because that ignorance exists in the fandom and that has led to a ignorant narrative. Smart people like us understand that yes, this is just the job of an editor, nothing more… but unfortunately not everyone has that understanding.

After thinking about it, I think Kishi should’ve had Boruto use Futon Cloaked Slashes instead of Raiton Cloaked Slashes. I understand “why” it’s Raiton, I just think it would’ve been cooler and more unique.

Only Jura is impressive between all four tbh. The concept behind the shinju is interesting but powerwise they are kinda lackluster aside from the "above Jigen level" stuff.

Honestly, scaling down the fights was a mistake after the war arc. Even though we have stuff like Uzuhiko, visual depictions go a long way in terms of viewer engagement.

Not to mention their insistence on keeping everything earthbound despite having dimension hopping false gods trying to be gods.

i dont personally care if we dont get that much DC stuff but id like if we could more statements that arnt tied to just jigen. its the equivalent of namek saga people still referring to raditz as as >>>>

We most likely will get more "stronger than x" statements. With x not being Jigen anymore. I for one hope they give a stronger than Isshiki statement. Isshiki being stronger than current Boruto serves no purpose imo. Not after Kurama was revived.

Back