• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
there is so little destruction in boruto it really does feel like they'll just start creating things with their punches instead if the destruction is lowered even more
If kishimoto writes them as punch kick merchants than nuke droppers then at the very least we should be some mass destruction from physicals on tier 7-6 levels...... I'd be satisfied with that even though these guys are supposed to be planetary.

If kishimoto writes them as punch kick merchants than nuke droppers then at the very least we should be some mass destruction from physicals on tier 7-6 levels...... I'd be satisfied with that even though these guys are supposed to be planetary.
8vb96d.jpg

Just gonna preface this is probably my last response so feel free to respond but don't expect a continuation if you do
1. It's a good thing we are talking about byakugan. Very genetic and no power boost.
I'm saying there's a pattern with dojutsu boosting stats, but I'll drop that point since it's less fool proof.
And you're proving my point more that the fusion changed everything you know. Momoshiki pattern reduced from a full karma and horn to the level true essence boruto pattern was.
We don't know that he had the same power as his Borushiki self though. Even Kawaki and Code initially thought TE Boruto was Momoshiki.
It makes sense the said true essence Itself It's pattern would change or something more than that but still less than momo.
Or TE was under Boruto's control cause of the meds and without them it's free real estate. Boruto does say he can control Momoshiki's power better, but his body is changing a lot, it's fine for him to be mistaken, and we do see in the timeskip that now just being near Kawaki makes him start to lose control.
2. Except I don't need evidence to prove he doesn't have it. Him never showing it makes the default assumption that he doesn't have it. Now if you want to prove he indeed has it , it is left for you to prove it.
You can call it a default assumption, but a default thing isn't something you can base an argument on. I don't aim to prove he has it, you're arguing that he doesn't have it. It'd be like if I was talking about Itachi vs Sasori and I said "Sasori beat the 3rd Kazekage and took down an entire country, so obviously he beats Itachi," and then someone else said "Itachi took down the strongest form of Orochimaru while he was sick, that's way beyond anything Sasori has done." We'd only be proving one half of our scales, that Sasori/Itachi are at a certain level, not proving that this level is above the other character. In your case, you're proving that EoS Boruto can make Massive Rasengans, and aren't making a case for this being above TE Boruto's capabilities.
And it's not irrelevant. Odama rasengan is a trademark move the author specifically used to highlight the vast difference between boruto jutsu capacity even with karma and Momoshiki himself. Boruto being able to then use trademark jutsu after saying he can channel momo power better indicates he is as close as he ever was to momo power.
You know I'm not even that convinced he did use Massive Rasengan. The first Rasengan Naruto used created a similarly sized explosion to the one we see Boruto create when he destroyed Kawaki's arm. Regardless though you can repeat this argument as many times as you want, but it's never gonna be blatant enough to prove it unless there's a direct statement that K2 Boruto can't use Massive Rasengan.
3. If it was 100% definitive we wouldn't be here arguing. But it is clear showing of jutsu superiority even taking into account prior to when momo started using it boruto was specifically told he can never have the chakra capacity for such jutsu.
Did Boruto have TE when this was stated? I'm not completely sure what statement you're talking about but if you mean Kakashi's in the anime, I heard from a friend that knows much more about Boruto that the statement was made before Boruto could even control K1 properly, letalone TE.
4. You're proving my point. Why tell Kawaki to help him join the fight rather than just finish code of with a jutsu that can one shot code? Like why? He told Kawaki to step back that it is dangerous. At that point he should have used it immediately yet he went for a punch.
Clearly he favored hand to hand, and where's the proof that TE Boruto's Giant Rasengan could one shot Code anyways? He shouldn't have used it immediately, even Borushiki's much faster and larger Rasengan was continuously dodged, Boruto using it here would just drain chakra so he was actually right to not use it.
5. Context is key in that battle. Not only was Kawaki helping but has to hold back. If he does go all out he risks killing his one and only sacrifice since eida said hands of boruto. If we make a match up true essence boruto vs code right now code would win easily.
Sure he couldn't kill Boruto, but he didn't have reason to let himself get hit and damaged either
6. My brother at this point I have to doubt what we are reading. It could not kill Delta cos naruto chose not too. There is concrete evidence it would kill her why? NARUTO SAID SO. and it rendered her unconscious even while it was held back. She scales to absolutely nothing.
I said there's no concrete evidence that Base Naruto could kill her. SPSM Naruto's FP is irrelevant to that discussion. Yes it didn't kill Delta cause Naruto chose not to put even more power into it. That doesn't change the fact that he used a stronger Rasengan than Base Naruto has ever shown. I literally don't understand why we keep deliberating over this point.
7. Overtime? Was a 5mins or less match with them hurting each other. Momo actually did much better than delta. He slammed kurama avatar to oblivion and naruto needed sasuke help.
Real time doesn't matter, it lasted almost 100 pages. Momoshiki with the Lava Golem which doesn't scale to his physicals did better, that has no bearing on the topic of physical comparisons.
8. This stuff is not that complex. Naruto fights a momoshiki that could survive his hits. A guy that his ninjustu renders him unconscious. All in spsm. He then makes a jutsu in base and said jutsu destroys a stronger version of Momoshiki ninjustu which could render him unconscious and then proceeds to one shot the guy that could take his hits.

It simply means naruto base ninjustu >>>>> spsm physicals. Up to and more than a one shot gap. if he uses same jutsu on someone that his spsm physicals injured he would one shot the person.
Once again you're not actually responding to my argument. I'm saying that being able to one shot someone that takes damage from your hits doesn't inherently mean anyone else you can damage with hits will be one shot by that same technique. That's oversimplifying things too much. It'd be like calling Base Naruto relative to Sage Mode Naruto because he can swap hands with Tendo, and Tendo reacted to and blocked a kick from Sage Mode Naruto.
9. If you like try and compare what had more injuries it doesn't matter. Naruto was trying to kill one, naruto was not trying to kill another. And momo wasn't hurt from just that, he was hurt from naruto and sasuke attack.
I was showing the result of an attack from only Naruto before Sasuke got involved. Also he wasn't trying to kill Delta, but he was still trying to put her out of commission, so if he could've done that just with hands, he would've. He even wonders about how he'll take her out if he can't use ninjutsu.
10. You would have to prove what you said.
"would still work and explain why Momoshiki can't survive Naruto's Oodama Rasengan while Delta can survive a stronger one"
Alternatively we can not play the numbers game and just use the feats to show that Delta's more durable
11. You're focusing on the little part that isn't the crux of the argument and leaving the actual argument.
Uh no it's pretty important. If he's not at FP, then it'd mean Base Naruto's Rasengan isn't even necessarily a one shot tier above his SPSM physicals in the first place.
12. It would turn her to rubble and even if you believe it doesn't she is still a goner. How do you then believe she loses to sage mode naruto when base naruto here is messing her up.
She wouldn't be a goner, she'd just be injured.
13. So you're admitting that he counts true essence as his power and the contradicting what you just said? Yeah this is not looking good.
Wut
Also sasuke sword chakra enhanced or not would damage kawaki.
You mean cause piercing damage?

Last edited:
i wish they'd actually follow the dragon ball formula instead of just pretending to. That means a few extremely large scale feats at the beginning of the arc (or sometimes in the middle) with the rest of the arc being a punch-kick fight with good speed, good environmental destruction and some good destruction statements thrown in.

with a few outliers ofc, the biggest difference between the anime and manga characters isnt so much the stat trinity, but that a lot of the supporting cast get broader or more varied arsenal with an increase in experience and skill feats, as a ton of the early filler arcs would rotate the naruto cast to focus on different teams.

I think Boruto is what Kishimoto got when he decided to mash a few fan favourite characters together to make the new protagonist.

Kakashi = A scar on one eye, recieved while saving a friend. Has a dojutsu behind that scar.

Itachi = Village considers him a traitor and goes rogue. Protects the village from outside.

Minato = FTG, innovative.

Sasuke = Fit and fighting style.

Naruto = Aspects of personality, like forgiveness and optimism.

That said I think Boruto has done a pretty neat job of distinguishing himself from each of these inspirations.

ive heard the criticism that two blue vortex boruto feels like an entirely different person from his part 1 self to the point that it was inorganic, thoughts?

ive heard the criticism that two blue vortex boruto feels like an entirely different person from his part 1 self to the point that it was inorganic, thoughts?
I didn't find that to be the case at all. Boruto has simply matured. That's what happens irl and that is what happened to me. I was a brash overconfident kid and became more calm and cautious over time. Of course Boruto's transition happens in 3 years because there is the added catalyst of a consistent threat, pseudo loss of parents and Sasuke becoming a tree. I think it's pretty believable that he's this quiet and cautious. Also he still smiles at his friends and cares about Kawaki, showing that he's still the same person. I would find it more unrealistic for a shonen protagonist to always act like they are 13, even though they are 30. That said if the argument is if the transition is organic or not, honestly I would wait for a few flashback scenes. Maybe they'll explain further. But imo his change in personality is believable.

Last edited:
People should read more Seinen. People really out here saying anime as a whole is mature because of how much blood and edginess there is. Anime is for a variety of audience. But most shonen is definitely for kids and teens. Blood and gore won't make a story mature. There is a reason JJK, CSM are shounen while Monster is seinen.

Edit: That said, the publication category doesn't inherently make a show more mature. I just mean in a general sense, it tends to be like that.

Last edited:
How are we feeling about this video boys?

Agree with Kid Kakashi>Kid Minato (and actually Minato was 14 when he saved Kushina apparently), I think Teen Minato's being underestimated given that he scales to V2 100% Kurama, and the Minato vs WA Kakashi section was pretty good, though I don't really think the Kakashi~KCM Minato feat is all that (Minato had recently used up all his KCM chakra and was still faster to reach BZ despite being in an inconvenient position) and it's more consistent for them to be relative when Minato's in base since they tag teamed BZ Obito and were gonna sync up to do a team combo attack with Rasengan and Chidori, which would require them to keep pace with each other. DMS Kakashi>KCM Minato>WA Kakashi is pretty obvious.

Back