• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Naruto isn't a full Uzumaki.
And? Haku an’t full member of his clan and he still got his kekkai genkai. And the Uzumaki sealing justu was never established to even be a kekkai genkai to begin with
iirc, the chains are an Uzumaki ability that Karin didn't know how to use up to this point, she used them this time as an emotional response after sensing Sasuke dying through her sensory abilities.
Then she should have used to agianst her since he cooked his ass twice
Also, People getting stronger from emotional distress, resolve, or anger is just a mechanic of the spiritual aspect of chakra that has been used a lot in the past(Naruto tapping into the chakra to summon Gamabunta for the first time from fear of falling to death, Sasuke tapping into his MS and using Amaterasu for the first time on his own when he thought Bee was about to kill him and his team, etc.)
Those are absolutely not the same thing, naruto literally used kurama chakra to summon gambunta and the sharigan power was already linked to trauma and stressful situations to unlock its power. Karin had none of this
and yeah Yamato's Wood Statue is fodder that got stalemated by Edo Hiruzen compared to Hashiramas.

definitely not an asspull but could have been set up better(not to mention a weird place to put Karin unlocking her Uzumaki powers while Naruto and Sasuke are literally dying, hard to imagine anyone cares about her that much compared to the main duo.)
The fact that it stalemated edo hiruzen would put it leagues above Karin

It absolutely is, had zero sit up came out of nowhere and she was never established to be trying to learn her clans hidden justu

And? Haku an’t full member of his clan and he still got his kekkai genkai. And the Uzumaki sealing justu was never established to even be a kekkai genkai to begin with
Exactly
Hmm?
Those are absolutely not the same thing, naruto literally used kurama chakra to summon gambunta and the sharigan power was already linked to trauma and stressful situations to unlock its power. Karin had none of this
Mental amps showed up in Chapter 1, when Naruto, without using Kurama chakra, wrecked a Chunin.
That's specifically with All is Suffering, where it releases the 5 chakra natures. Its durability doesn't scale, and the chains are a massive amp, as you see with Kushina vs Kurama.
It absolutely is, had zero sit up came out of nowhere and she was never established to be trying to learn her clans hidden justu
I mean, yeah, it kind of is an asspull... like most of the stuff that happens. You're really gonna tell me Choji mastering Butterfly Mode instantly when even Choza couldn't do it wasn't one?

what???
all chakra-based abilities are linked partially to mental state,

the Sharingan gives a greater amp specifically by evolving into new stages with trauma and hatred.

- Two of the major times in Part 1 when Naruto was resolved to beat someone even if it kills him(Mizuki and Gaara) he got a large burst of chakra(not kuramas chakra) and was able to make 1000 shadow clones.

-When Naruto powers up against Gaara he even remembers Haku telling him that people become stronger when protecting something they care about.

not even just mental amps, your power can deteriorate if you aren't all there mentally too,

- Minato being mid for the most of the war because he was in what the databooks describe as a "mental daze"

- Juubito, despite being much stronger than everyone present losing to KSM Naruto and EMS Sasuke because his will was shaken.
not really, if it's even a fraction as strong as Kushina's chains that can pin Kurama, it would be stronger than Edo Hiruzen.

not to mention they actively suppress and nullify chakra. so its basically power nulling the statue.
It absolutely is, had zero sit up came out of nowhere and she was never established to be trying to learn her clans hidden jutsu.
why would she need to be established learning an ability when she's not even being shown to be fully in control of it here?

it's an emotional response, to someone she cares about dying that makes sense in the power system and for her to have given the clan she's in.

it's no different from something like Luffy unconsciously using Conquorers Haki to knock out a group of Marines when Ace was about to be executed.

Killer bee
Mental amps showed up in Chapter 1, when Naruto, without using Kurama chakra, wrecked a Chunin.
And Naruto already has a shit ton of chakra on his own to begin with
That's specifically with All is Suffering, where it releases the 5 chakra natures. Its durability doesn't scale, and the chains are a massive amp, as you see with Kushina vs Kurama.
No but I’d image it’s quite durable or hirzuen would have torn it to shreds by then. Isn’t that also specifically due to her special chakra which is even abnormal among her own clan?
I mean, yeah, it kind of is an asspull... like most of the stuff that happens. You're really gonna tell me Choji mastering Butterfly Mode instantly when even Choza couldn't do it wasn't one?
Eh no, he’d already mastered most of the ball stuff post time skip so it doesn’t bother me that much

Killer bee
all chakra-based abilities are linked partially to mental state,

the Sharingan gives a greater amp specifically by evolving into new stages with trauma and hatred.
Exactly which was implied or established later on
- Two of the major times in Part 1 when Naruto was resolved to beat someone even if it kills him(Mizuki and Gaara) he got a large burst of chakra(not kuramas chakra) and was able to make 1000 shadow clones.

-When Naruto powers up against Gaara he even remembers Haku telling him that people become stronger when protecting something they care about.

not even just mental amps, your power can deteriorate if you aren't all there mentally too,
Naruto already has a crapton of chakra to pull from sooo…
- Minato being mid for the most of the war because he was in what the databooks describe as a "mental daze"
I’d image that would mess with anyone performance rather in fiction or reality
- Juubito, despite being much stronger than everyone present losing to KSM Naruto and EMS Sasuke because his will was shaken.
Juubito was losing control to ten tails
not really, if it's even a fraction as strong as Kushina's chains that can pin Kurama, it would be stronger than Edo Hiruzen.

not to mention they actively suppress and nullify chakra. so its basically power nulling the statue.

why would she need to be established learning an ability when she's not even being shown to be fully in control of it here?

it's an emotional response, to someone she cares about dying that makes sense in the power system and for her to have given the clan she's in.

it's no different from something like Luffy unconsciously using Conquorers Haki to knock out a group of Marines when Ace was about to be executed.
Because said ability is learned not gained threw bloodline

That’s great but gaining a new justu an’t in the Uzumaki handbook from what I can see

His conquers haki was actually explained later on and built up in sabaody

I'm assuming you mean she should have used it when he was getting packed pre war
E.g Killer Bee

Different contexts
The chains are an offensive ability
Zetsu was preventing her from getting to sasuke
In Bee's case, she was with him when he got packed up
Why would she go out of her way to activate an offensive ability?
Besides, Suigetsu was holding back bee
Aka zero motivation

I'm assuming you mean she should have used it when he was getting packed pre war
E.g Killer Bee

Different contexts
The chains are an offensive ability
Zetsu was preventing her from getting to sasuke
In Bee's case, she was with him when he got packed up
Why would she go out of her way to activate an offensive ability?
Besides, Suigetsu was holding back bee
Aka zero motivation
Bee was gonna kill all of them and he packed sasuke up twice, that’s plenty of motivation

Bee was gonna kill all of them and he packed sasuke up twice, that’s plenty of motivation
Not really
Suigetsu was holding back Bee and got hit with a bomb
Sasuke used amaterasu and the fight ended

Again, the context differs
She's primarily a support type ninja
The first time he got packed, she healed him
Zero motivation
Already explained the second one

As opposed to someone actively preventing her from healing sasuke who was dying

It'll be comparable if after Bee tore out sasuke's chest, he prevented jugo and karin from getting to him

Killer bee
different contexts

Bee obliterated Sasuke but he was still alive and in front of her so she was more worried about immediately saving him.

In the War Arc, all she knew was that Sasuke was dying somewhere offscreen and a giant golem was stopping her from going to save him.

in the War Arc example she had a small timeframe before Sasuke died and was being pressured, definitely more mentally stressful than the Bee example.
Exactly which was implied or established later on
Mental Amps and Sharingan Evolution are both established things from very early on.
Naruto already has a crapton of chakra to pull from sooo…
he does but he's not regularly able to tap into it in Part 1, unless he's resolved or upset. In the Gaara fight, Sasuke even notes it's a massive amount of Chakra that Naruto doesn't normally use.

just like how Karin isn't able to use her Uzumaki Chains until she's mentally stressed.

Juubito was losing control to ten tails
he was losing control of the Ten-Tails because he was losing the soul tug of war(which meant the other Bijuu were coming out), not vice versa.
Because said ability is learned not gained threw bloodline
You don't learn Conquror's Haki, you're born with it and it evolves as you grow stronger, it's even stated not to be trainable like Armament and Observation are. That's why for most of Sabaody-Marineford, Luffy would only use it unconsciously during stressful situations.

Karin's ability is a bloodline ability that she awakened in a stressful situation. Not much different.
That’s great but gaining a new justu an’t in the Uzumaki handbook from what I can see.
it is in the Chakra Handbook tho.
His conquers haki was actually explained later on and built up in sabaody
sure, which is why it was set up better than Karin's chains were.

but something not being set up doesn't automatically mean it's an asspull. it makes sense from her lineage and Chakra empowerment is an established mechanic.

it definitely makes sense, it's just weirdly added at a strange point in the story.

Not really
Suigetsu was holding back Bee and got hit with a bomb
Sasuke used amaterasu and the fight ended

Again, the context differs
She's primarily a support type ninja
The first time he got packed, she healed him
Zero motivation
Already explained the second one

As opposed to someone actively preventing her from healing sasuke who was dying

It'll be comparable if after Bee tore out sasuke's chest, he prevented jugo and karin from getting to him
If I saw my loved one get pack up twice I’d be pretty pissed regardless but whatever
different contexts

Bee obliterated Sasuke but he was still alive and in front of her so she was more worried about immediately saving him.

In the War Arc, all she knew was that Sasuke was dying somewhere offscreen and a giant golem was stopping her from going to save him.

in the War Arc example she had a small timeframe before Sasuke died and was being pressured, definitely more mentally stressful than the Bee example.
And bee was gonna kill all them regardless of her healing
Mental Amps and Sharingan Evolution are both established things from very early on.
Yup and it’s only been applied when it makes sense like with naruto
he does but he's not regularly able to tap into it in Part 1, unless he's resolved or upset. In the Gaara fight, Sasuke even notes it's a massive amount of Chakra that Naruto doesn't normally use.

just like how Karin isn't able to use her Uzumaki Chains until she's mentally stressed.
Still justified unlike Karin
he was losing control of the Ten-Tails because he was losing the soul tug of war(which meant the other Bijuu were coming out), not vice versa.
Dosen’t matter, he was losing control regardless
You don't learn Conquror's Haki, you're born with it and it evolves as you grow stronger, it's even stated not to be trainable like Armament and Observation are. That's why for most of Sabaody-Marineford, Luffy would only use it unconsciously during stressful situations.

Karin's ability is a bloodline ability that she awakened in a stressful situation. Not much different.
Never stated to be a kekai genkai and if it was then naruto and Nagato should have gotten that shit awhile ago
it is in the Chakra Handbook tho.
Show me
sure, which is why it was set up better than Karin's chains were.

but something not being set up doesn't automatically mean it's an asspull. it makes sense from her lineage and Chakra empowerment is an established mechanic.

it definitely makes sense, it's just weirdly added at a strange point in the story.
It had no setup,little to no explanation and it doesn’t even make sense in universe. It’s most definitely an asspull

And bee was gonna kill all them regardless of her healing
you're trying to argue rationality in something that awakens via emotion.

her mindset vs Bee: I need to heal Sasuke, he's hurt.

her mindset vs the Statue: I need to get to Sasuke because he's dying but this statue won't let me.

one was clearly a lot more pressure.
Yup and it’s only been applied when it makes sense like with naruto
its applied in a lot of different cases outside of Naruto and Sasuke, those are just some notible examples, Hinata, Sakura, Jiraiya, and a lot of other people have displayed mental amps or mental blocks limiting their power.

including additional stuff like Databook and Light Novels.
Still justified unlike Karin
because?
Dosen’t matter, he was losing control regardless
it literally does, he was losing control because he was losing the clash, against weaker people.
Never stated to be a kekai genkai and if it was then naruto and Nagato should have gotten that shit awhile ago
not every person of every clan gets their clans kekkai genkai,

not every Uchiha even has a Sharingan

not every Hyuga can use the Byakugan.
that was a jab at the "Uzumaki handbook" thing

there's plenty of evidence that mental amps exist, hell we have it accepted that all Shinobi can use them.
It had no setup,
true
little to no explanation
doesn't need one tbh
and it doesn’t even make sense in universe.
definitely does.
Apparently it’s important enough to defend
hey, i only gave my opinion, you were the one who directly responded to my take.

Kishi really said

IMG_3406.png

you're trying to argue rationality in something that awakens via emotion.

her mindset vs Bee: I need to heal Sasuke, he's hurt.

her mindset vs the Statue: I need to get to Sasuke because he's dying but this statue won't let me.

one was clearly a lot more pressure.
In both situations sasuke was gonna die both had a lot of pressure
its applied in a lot of different cases outside of Naruto and Sasuke, those are just some notible examples, Hinata, Sakura, Jiraiya, and a lot of other people have displayed mental amps or mental blocks limiting their power.

including additional stuff like Databook and Light Novels.
And what did either of those characters do exactly?
Comes out of nowhere
it literally does, he was losing control because he was losing the clash, against weaker people.
You mean when he got talk no justud?
not every person of every clan gets their clans kekkai genkai,

not every Uchiha even has a Sharingan

not every Hyuga can use the Byakugan.
That’s great but Naruto and Nagato should have fulfilled the emotional high conditions like Karin more then once
that was a jab at the "Uzumaki handbook" thing

there's plenty of evidence that mental amps exist, hell we have it accepted that all Shinobi can use them.
I thought you were talking about proof of a sealing keakkai genkai
doesn't need one tbh
It dose tbh
definitely does.
the clan doesn’t have a bloodline sealing justu so it most certainly doesn’t make since
hey, i only gave my opinion, you were the one who directly responded to my take.
True, I thought you were responding to me

Also unironically these Boruto thumbnails coming up with these funny fire ass plots compared to what we're getting in the manga is kinda sad

Also unironically these Boruto thumbnails coming up with these funny fire ass plots compared to what we're getting in the manga is kinda sad
That's why Kishimoto or Ikemoto or whoever is actually writing Boruto is adding these thumbnail plots into the canon. Wait till Boruto gives Momoshiki the "I was just like you once" speech.

Back