• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto (The Universe) Characters Placements

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Alright the do this but first a quick note. The Naruto revisions will obviously change the characters stats but this discussion is foucasing on the way we place them.

I want to suggest a change in the Naruto (The Universe) character section. I don't think they should be placed them in catagories like God Tier, Top Tier, High Tier, Mid Tier and such. My reasons for this is the fact that they Narutoverse isn't really based of Raw AP/Destructive Power when dealing with who's stronger.

Example: Sakura, Neji, Hinata are all on a higher tier placement then Dadira, Sasori, Konan and Kakazu (don't believe me go check). Now this obviously makes no sense as in one on one confrontation non of them could beat those Akatski members.

Note: This is somewhat do to the fact that we scale based on power of Jutsu's and transformations but their is a problem.

Yamato is on the same tier placement as Itachi because both are Town Level (Itachi via his Susanno), (Yamato via wood release) but Dadira isn't on their tier placement and he has Small City Level explosions and a City Level suicide move.

It looks like we don't even have a set standard for what level you need to be to be in a specific tier placement. The problem is even if we fix scaling some characters will remain higher via Jutsu's or Forms even tho characters in Naruto are not mainly scaled like this.

Example: Sakura is Physically stronger than Dadira but he has higher tier explosions but is still on a lower Tier placement because...? It can't be because hes not as strong as her because Yamato nor Itachi are physically stronger then she is but they are on he Tier Placement because of Jutsu's?.

I really don't know how we scale them. This isn't the case with the morning higher tiers like the God Tiers and Top Tiers, just the lower ones. Yet I don't think They should be placed that way because some ninja have powerful Jutsu that can kill higher ninja (note: I'm not even referring to hax ones I'm referring to more powerful one like Kirin and C0.

I think the should be placed like Bleach characters.

Example:

Leaf Ninja

Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura bla bla bla

Cloud Ninja

Ay, 3rd Raikage, Killer Bee and Darui

Akatski (or however you say their name)

Itachi, Kisame, Hidan, Pain, Konan bla bla bla

Mist Ninja

Mai, Zabuza, Haku

Rock Ninja

Onoki, Roshi

Orochimaru's group

Orochimaru, Kabuto, Suigetsu, Jugo, Karin

I'm sure you get what I'm saying

Or if this seems like to much work we could just figure out how we place them cause some characters are not where they should be and even if we change their stats then we still need to place them all in the right place.

So what are your thoughts?.

Yeah, however the Admin that started this revision left this wiki without posting to an other Admin how the characters will be revised. Before leaving he left his blog with his calcs, which includes the most important things about Bleach and Naruto [He stopped when close to Edo Madara]. I wish i could take and continue his work, but i'm currenty busy with other verses to revise.

I Know, Gwyn stopped in the middle of the war and I'm no calc guy so I can't do it. I do however know where they stand and the way they are placed no is a bit wonky.

We can worry about the stitistics later on. I'm just not agreeing with placing them in a tier system like this as some ninja are faster then others and can beat people rated higher then them. So I just think putting them like Bleach characters is better.

I can come up with who goes in the leaf village, who goes in the mist village and such but it would need to be excepted first.

I actually prefer the way the Narudo Universe is sorted. In fact I wish Bleach was the same (God Tier, top tier, etc.). Mainly because it gives a clear example who the top power houses are without having to dig into each and every profile.

@Dark649, wait I thought Gwyn gave up being an admin but was staying with the wiki to work on the Naruto revisions? Did something happen or is Gwyn just taking a break? I don't mean to sound like an alarmist but I feel a little worried now.

@Heatforce

The problem is it doesn't give a clear picture except for the higher tiers. But the mid and under are horrible scaled.

Or can you honestly say Yamato is above Dadira and Kakazu

LordGriffin1000 said:
@Heatforce
But the mid and under are horrible scaled.
One example is from what i remember that Gwyn calced Zabuza on the range of Building level+ while his profile is much higher than that.

Yeah we where going to change them after the revisions finished but now we half to wait for someone to pick up where Gwyn left off.

Yet I'm more focused on how we place them.

I do not think that it is necessary to change the categorization of the characters, but to polish and revise how the characters are placed in it since sincerely and with all respect, who did the present that this did not seem to have a blessed idea of Naruto and only put All in a superficial way, I reiterate that I do not say it in an offensive tone but it seems so heavy in so many ways that I have no other way of describing it.

And what you mention about Sakura, Hinata and Neji is a clear sign of it all. So what is wrong is not the classification in tiers but who made this classification and the chosen criterion. Besides that there are so many feats of Naruto that have not been calculated and others have been poorly calculated that you can not totally blame who did it for the lack of information you have to rely on. I just think that you have to polish the categories and the criteria to choose, the classification in tiers seems appropriate because if there are very marked differences between the characters you just have to identify them and define them to group the characters in their respective tier.

But how can we does that if even the calculations on Naruto have not been reviewed for months.

Alright, like I said I don't mind either way. If we switch it I know where to put them.

If we don't I'll just go over the Feats that have been calced and excepted then fix the profiles.

I got way too much time on my hands.

Personally, I don't particularly care about Tiering, and I'd much rather place the characters according to their factions since it's a lot less confusing and arbitrary.

So yes, Leaf Ninja, Cloud Ninja, Sand Ninja, e.t.c. is my preferred method.

Back