• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto speed upgrade

M3X said:
Okay. Most said that if the calculations are correct, they would agree. So, let's go to the scaling and work with "At least" and "likely higher" stuff that Blacke said when we are talking about this on Discord
U had 2 calc memebers that said the calc was fine so what's wrong that we have here and NO ONE srill haven't answered my question of why we don't use 0.7 instead?

Okay. I will unsubscribe to this thread now. You can send me a message if you need my help later.

M3X said:
When Naruto fired the Rasenshuriken, it was 5 seconds before Pain used the next Shinra Tensei. When he dodged, the RS had reached the other end of the crater, and Pain had not even begun to fall. After that, it took 4 seconds for Pain to use Shinra Tensei.

The time that the Rasenshuriken crossed the crater was less than the time of the Pain to reach the ground, that calculated being 0.6 seconds. And support this happens during the count of 1 second. And in fact, I just do not think it's fair to use such lowball time.
Nagato hadn't even begun to fall because he hadn't even jumped yet. There is no correlation between both scenes. The Rasenshuriken crossed the crater, Nagato jumped, it crossed an unknown distance past him and then he fell. No correlation.

Nagato needed to jump to dodge from the RS. If he had not jumped, he would have been hit. The feat resumes in

• Naruto fired the RS
  • Nagato dodges it with a jump
  • RS hits the other side before he even falls

Naurto fired the RS, which crossed the whole crater, then Nagato who was at the other side jumped after it crossed the crater, and it traveled a completely unknowable distance off-screen after Nagato's jump.

No correlation between the events, thus using it is inaccurate.

Nagato was not on the other side of the crater,he was only a few feet from Naruto. It is still possible to see the curvature of the crater, showing that they were at the beginning of it.

Nagato dodges and AFTER that the RS crossed the crater

There's still no evidence that it crossed the crater before he fell, as far as I know.

Here Nagato starts to jump and RS cuts some stones and cross the crater when he still on the air aftet the jump

If we cant use this, my propouse is to use half of the time frame, 0.4s.

Unless we see him land on the next panel, that panel of the RST crossing crater is an overview shot from far away hat doesn't show Nagato, so we can't assume the two are simultaneous.

We might be able to split the 1 second in half, though it feels a bit speculative.

So what you're saying is that it takes about two seconds for Nagato to jump from one rock to another? That doesn't appear to be very fast to me.

EDIT: Maybe it is just me, but a 125 kilometre wide crater looks pretty unrealistic. There has to be a better way of calcing that. I'll save it for another thread though.

I do not think "It not looks like" or "unrealistic" should be taken into account to approve or refuse things here. This is based on opinion and achism, and is questioning using it against evidence-based (calculation). Also, this size is a lowball, there are calculations with values much larger than this for the crater. It is a lowball

And please, if it is to question the calculation, do not do this here. We need to finish the scaling. 90% of the comments here have been questioning the calculation, and there is no need for this

M3X said:
I do not think "It not looks like" or "unrealistic" should be taken into account to approve or refuse things here. This is based on opinion and achism, and is questioning using it against evidence-based (calculation). Also, this size is a lowball, there are calculations with values much larger than this for the crater. It is a lowball
Naturally I wouldn't question a well-made calc without evidence but as I've already said I'll save it for another thread.

KLOL506 said:
Pretty sure we aren't allowed to calc speed off of KE at all.
"One reason for this is that fiction in general differentiates between the attack potency and the speed of a character. Another reason is that it returns unrealistic values, as even a Small City level+ punch would already have Relativistic+ speed. Out of similar reasons mass should also not be calculated from it."

Pretty sure that rule only applies to characters. Figuring out a meteor's KE as a random falling object is something done even in real life.

Yeah and the speed apply to characters and it is something done in real life because real life follows physics and does not have artist who does not care about said physics.

Agreed: Rocker, BFF, KLOL and Elizhaa (Maybe Astral and and Dzhin)

Disagree: Lorenzo

BUMP

> . We can see that the RS crossed the entire crater before Pain reaches the ground

What does Pain reaching the ground have to do with it?

The Rasenshuriken is already moving at the 5 second mark here.

As seen in this shot the Rasenshuriken has already entered the crater here.

And at the 4 second mark it has exploded at the other end of the crater.

So surely it crossed the entire diameter of the crater in over a second?

It's too vague to say how much less specifically.

Could be anywhere from 0.1 seconds to 0.9 seconds. A reasonable lowball would be to use a whole second IMO since it can't have been more than that.

The feat takes place in less than a second. The RS crosses the crater when Pain counts 1 second. During this 1 second count, the RS crosses the entire crater. Use 1 second contradict what the page says

We are already using a lowball, 0.8 seconds. And me and even Kep agree that 0.5s is fine

How is 0.5 seconds any better than 0.8 seconds? Or 0.9 seconds?

It crosses the entire diameter before the 1 second is through, yes, but that doesn't mean it does it in half the time.

Damage3245 said:
How is 0.5 seconds any better than 0.8 seconds? Or 0.9 seconds?
It crosses the entire diameter before the 1 second is through, yes, but that doesn't mean it does it in half the time.
But we agreed to use this timeframe. For support, Pain did not fall until the RS reaches the other side of the crater, and the time of his fall is 0.6 seconds as you can see on the calc

M3X; Pain did not fall to the ground in 0.6 seconds.

He is still airborne when he counts the 4 second mark, and three second mark. So it took him over a second to reach the ground.

Back