• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Speed Revision Project

Damage3245

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Aim

The point of this thread is to identify issues with the current speed scaling for Naruto characters, find feats which can be calced, and discuss how the ratings of the verse could change.

NOTE: This thread is primarily staff-only to make sure that things don't get out of control and so that things can stay focused. If you would like permission to add comments to the thread, be sure to contact myself or another staff member and explain what it is you want to contribute.

Calcs
Here is a list of every accepted speed calc from Naruto Shippuden and The Last Naruto Movie. Naturally calcs from other parts of the series may have some bearing on proceedings but we'll deal with those when they're relevant.

As I'm sure most people can agree, this is a pretty small list for us to be rating a large portion of the verse.

If you have any suggestions for speed feats that could be calced - even if they don't yield an impressive result, be sure to let me know and I can get on it to eventually add to this list.

Current Issues and Topics
This is a list of ongoing issues that have been identified in the scaling for the verse:

1) Some characters are lacking justification for their speed feats such as Naruto's base key or Itta, or have vague justifications like several of the Tailed Beasts which just state that they should be able to keep up with each other without actually stating who they scale to.

2) Hiruzen Sarutobi's justification is quite weak since both Hashirama and Tobirama were considerably weaker than they were when they were alive. His justification should be reworded.

3) There is a bit of circular reasoning between Nagato's justifications and Sage Mode Naruto's justifications. Both state that they can keep up with each other (among other reasons).

Conclusion
None so far.

For future reference to anyone looking into the thread, there is a "Follow" button at the top of the thread that will make you automatically start following the thread.

Just a note that any non-staff members with suggestions for this should probably contact Damage via his message wall.

I'm currently working on two reaction speed calcs from early Shippuden. I'll post them here once they're done and evaluated.

About Naruto Base ...
The same scale to the feats of Kakashi, Hidan and Kakuzu in the Arc of Immortals. Along obviously with Sasuke BoS and others.

The rest, I will observe and punctuate the things that I find important.

Back