• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto - Sasuke Intelligence CRT

Looks mostly good, but I don't think him surpassing a genin's limit and being chunin level is really intelligence so much as combat ability. Especially for the latter case as Sasuke wasn't promoted to chunin, despite his strength obviously being at that level.

but I don't think him surpassing a genin's limit and being chunin level is really intelligence so much as combat ability. Especially for the latter case as Sasuke wasn't promoted to chunin, despite his strength obviously being at that level.
It says he surpasses a genin's limit in battle, this would be intelligence as well considering it goes on to mention his insight in battle that compensates for is lack of experience. The fact he wasn't promoted to chunin despite his strength supports that more.

It says he surpasses a genin's limit in battle, this would be intelligence as well considering it goes on to mention his insight in battle that compensates for is lack of experience. The fact he wasn't promoted to chunin despite his strength supports that more.
Eh sure for the first one, but I really don't see how the latter one matters. Why do you have to be experienced to be promoted to chunin? Shikamaru wasn't

Eh sure for the first one, but I really don't see how the latter one matters. Why do you have to be experienced to be promoted to chunin? Shikamaru wasn't
I didn't say you have to be experienced but it obviously helps given what they say comes with being a chunin. What I'm saying is all of it is about how one can operate themselves in battle, Sasuke has ninjutsu that lets him operate at that level, he has battle sense that lets him operate at that level and he is just stated to be at chunin level. It all points to him being a chunin overall.

I didn't say you have to be experienced but it obviously helps given what they say comes with being a chunin. What I'm saying is all of it is about how one can operate themselves in battle, Sasuke has ninjutsu that lets him operate at that level, he has battle sense that lets him operate at that level and he is just stated to be at chunin level. It all points to him being a chunin overall.
What I'm saying is that him not being promoted to chunin indicates that he doesn't fit all the parameters for it.

What I'm saying is that him not being promoted to chunin indicates that he doesn't fit all the parameters for it.
I'm saying he fits two, ninjutsu use and battle insight as the databook seems to imply and the Jonin also admitting he's at chunin level after seeing his fight with Gaara.

I'm saying he fits two, ninjutsu use and battle insight as the databook seems to imply and the Jonin also admitting he's at chunin level after seeing his fight with Gaara.
The databook statement is fine, but the second is likely exclusively about combat ability considering all Sasuke really did in that fight was punt Gaara around and break his sand shield with Chidori.

likely exclusively about combat ability considering all Sasuke really did in that fight was punt Gaara around and break his sand shield with Chidori.
Sasuke's tactics and how he handled and assessed the fight would also go into combat ability no? That's like a heavy focus for Sasuke as a fighter in the databook, idk why this wouldn't apply to his fights.

Sasuke's tactics and how he handled and assessed the fight would also go into combat ability no? That's like a heavy focus for Sasuke as a fighter in the databook, idk why this wouldn't apply to his fights.
But what impressive tactical feats did he display in that fight? When he shows tactics in fights then yes it does apply, but him being noted as smart doesn't automatically mean that any statement him as a fighter is talking about his intelligence.
Those are fine to use for genius. Not sure what Minato is saying here tbh.
I'm fine with most of the sandbox, but I don't think statements should be taken out of context to mean something different than intended. Like if someone punches Naruto and Naruto's like "Wow you're Kage level" it's pretty obvious that'd be about AP and not being as smart as a Kage.

But what impressive tactical feats did he display in that fight?
Im talking about all his fights. And even just positioning and how one maneuvers in a fight can be perceived as tactical. Sasuke’s ability to move around and take Gaara’s backside or his use of the dust and shurikens all goes into his tactics. This is something even Itachi shows against Kakashi when they fight 😭. You can’t just think the fight only demonstrates strength for Sasuke when he still needs to understand and process which moves to make to allow his strength to be useful against someone like Gaara. Why would the Jonin even tell Sasuke to go after Gaara if he didn’t think he was smart enough to handle it alone?

Im talking about all his fights.
Genma only saw the one tho
And even just positioning and how one maneuvers in a fight can be perceived as tactical. Sasuke’s ability to move around and take Gaara’s backside or his use of the dust and shurikens all goes into his tactics. This is something even Itachi shows against Kakashi when they fight 😭. You can’t just think the fight only demonstrates strength for Sasuke when he still needs to understand and process which moves to make to allow his strength to be useful against someone like Gaara. Why would the Jonin even tell Sasuke to go after Gaara if he didn’t think he was smart enough to handle it alone?
Sounds like a reach ngl. Like that's really just having good training rather than being particularly smart. Of course he's not just charging straight at him and DBZ punching or something, but he didn't do anything genius level, or even really high level thinking. I could probably do the same things if I had Sasuke level stats. Wdym smart enough to handle it alone? If he can defeat him in battle like he did onscreen then that's enough. Is any statement of someone being able to fight someone else an intelligence statement?

Sounds like a reach ngl. Like that's really just having good training rather than being particularly smart. Of course he's not just charging straight at him and DBZ punching or something, but he didn't do anything genius level, or even really high level thinking. I could probably do the same things if I had Sasuke level stats. Wdym smart enough to handle it alone? If he can defeat him in battle like he did onscreen then that's enough. Is any statement of someone being able to fight someone else an intelligence statement?
How is it a reach? Yeah its good training that Sasuke went through within just four days lmao. Lee even says Sasuke gaining such speed was genius to him. You're stripping the fight of its components and just thinking about stats. You most certainly could not do the same thing since you have no experience, no talent nor training at such a speed. Smart as in knows how to ascertain and process a fight like that alone. Genma just told Sasuke to go after three high level genin near chunin level ninjas by himself and assumedly wants him to beat them.

How is it a reach? Yeah its good training that Sasuke went through within just four days lmao.
He wasn't like a blank slate before training with Kakashi, he's always been skilled.
Lee even says Sasuke gaining such speed was genius to him.
Yes I acknowledged that
You're stripping the fight of its components and just thinking about stats. You most certainly could not do the same thing since you have no experience, no talent nor training at such a speed.
The speed wouldn't matter if my reactions are fast enough to easily keep up with it. Maybe I wouldn't be able to do quite as well with no training, but with a marginal amount I should be fine. He definitely didn't display any level of intelligence unusual for the series.
Smart as in knows how to ascertain and process a fight like that alone. Genma just told Sasuke to go after three high level genin near chunin level ninjas by himself and assumedly wants him to beat them.
Ascertain and process what? Beating Kankuro and Temari would be quite easy given how much weaker than Sasuke they are, and Gaara's already in a nerfed state.

Anyways I think we've kinda both said our piece on this, we should get staff opinions on the matter.

Back