• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto revisions

Applies to all Kekkei Genkai users:

Resistance to Power Mimicry and Analytical Prediction:
Users of Kekkei Genkai are too skilled to be copied by Kakashi's Sharingan

Applies to almost all ninjutsu users:

It is implied that you just need chakra control to resist the ice release jutsu of Kahyo, since he says "people who can't manipulate their chakra end up frozen":
“I activated the Earth Chain Ice I cast on you,” Kahyo said, turning toward
Kakashi. “If you don’t want to be frozen, the only thing you can do is keep
molding your chakra and sending that heat around your body.”
“I see. So people who can’t manipulate their chakra end up frozen right
away, huh?”
“As long as you are using your chakra to suppress the Earth Chain Ice, you
won’t be able to use it for any other jutsu. In other words, Hatake Kakashi,”
she paused, “you are just a regular person now.”
“So it was you. The one who froze everyone other than Rahyo, it was
you.”
“I’m the only one who can use Earth Chain Ice.”

Additionally, it was confirmed that almost any Shinobi can resist it too, because if only people with chakra control on Kakashi level could resist it, then Tsunade wouldn't ask Kahyo to use her Ice Release on all ninjutsu users in general

“From where I sit, your Earth Chain Ice looks pretty useful.”
She stared at him.
“What are you talking about, Kakashi?” Tsunade. “What on earth could
you use her ninjutsu for?”
“Lady Tsunade.” Kakashi looked over at her. “When it is cast on ordinary people, her Earth Chain Ice freezes them instantly. But ninja who can mold
chakra can send that chakra around their bodies to generate heat and prevent
their bodies from freezing. So if you’re hit with Earth Chain Ice, you have to
always be molding your chakra. In other words, the prisoners wouldn’t be
able to use it to escape. What do you think? Right now, there’s no castle
master at Hozuki Castle really guarding the prisoners. I think she’s ideally
suited to the role.”
“I see.” It was Shikamaru who replied. “The previous master Mui did use
his Celestial Prison to ensure that prisoners would spontaneously combust if
they molded their chakra. This woman’s Earth Chain Ice would be as
effective, but in the opposite way. Lady Tsunade, I think she might work. All
the villages are exhausted from the Fourth Great Ninja War. Labor is short
everywhere, so if we released everyone from this infinitely tiresome job of
supervising the prison, maybe the esteem Konoha is held in would rise. And
it would make a good example.”
- Kakashi Hiden: Lightning in the Icy Sky Chapter 14

Damage Boost: Ninjutsu users are trained to increase the power and speed of their thrown weapons with chakra
This time the wind blows from the valley’s bottom and then one white petal in particular falls a couple of feet in front of Sasuke as it danced and he aimed the shuriken into it.

Sasuke throws the paper shuriken in a gesture, it is now flowing with it’s speed and exact calculations that cannot be compared to how the brothers did it.

And the shuriken pierce the petal that are aimed as Sasuke hits them perfectly.

“Oh!”

“Wow!”

“Amazing, just amazing!”

“You are so cool!”

The brothers expressed their excitement with their mouths open wide.

“The trick much of it is on the intensity of the paper, or you can use your chakra, but I wasn’t using mine back then, it can be your good arm throw.” - Akatsuki Hiden Prologue

Edo Tensei

Instinctive Reactions - Edo Tensei zombies will move without thinking to counter an enemy's attack (Chapter 547 and 548)
Stamina upgrade: They are said to have infinite chakra

Naruto Uzumaki:

Resistance to Transmutation and Petrification with Kurama chakra: Absorbed all available nature energy that should have been too much (Chapter 696) without turning into a frog or a statue
Attack Reflection with Kurama chakra: Uses his chakra aura to reflect projectiles

Madara:

Resistance to Fire, Lava and piercing damage: Isn't affected by the heat of Naruto's Lava Release Rasenshuriken

Obito:
Fear inducing aura: Shown here to emit a fear inducing aura that stopped kid Itachi from moving, though he does resist it slightly. He also exudes a chakra aura that resembles bloodlust

Itachi:
Resistance to fear manipulation: In the aforementioned scans, he resisted it barely as a kid, and then was unaffected by it on the day of the massacre

Orochimaru:

Resistance to Paralysis Inducement: Was completely unaffected by a Paralysis Jutsu (Boruto Chapter 3.5)

Last edited:
Y'know... I was gonna disagree with resistance to power mimicry and take it more as a limitation of sharingan's power mimicry... Then I thought a bit more about what was being said.

To copy a Kekkei Genkai, you literally have to copy their genetics as stated by Kakashi. So they might as well have resistance to the power mimicry of people who can't change their genetics to give themselves their powers.

Disagree with attack reflection. Physically repelling someones attack doesn't count unless your using a ability

Disagree with this. Kakashi simply just doesn't have the inherent ability to use the Kekkei Genkai. Without that, the Sharingan's Power Mimicry won't help. So this isn't a resistance.

Disagree with this. Madara's just tanking it. There isn't any sign of resistance.

Resistance to Transmutation and Petrification with Kurama chakra: Absorbed all available nature energy that should have been too much (Chapter 696) without turning into a frog or a statue

I don't see any sign here that Naruto would turn into a statue from this without resistance. His skill at handling Natural Energy is just good enough. So I disagree with this.

Disagree with this. Kakashi simply just doesn't have the inherent ability to use the Kekkei Genkai. Without that, the Sharingan's Power Mimicry won't help. So this isn't a resistance.

Disagree with this. Madara's just tanking it. There isn't any sign of resistance.

I don't see any sign here that Naruto would turn into a statue from this without resistance. His skill at handling Natural Energy is just good enough. So I disagree with this.
is it a problem if we wait for Uchihaslayer input?

yeah no, you can still have attack reflection even if you are not using an ability
Why does it state here you need the ability specifically?

"Attack Reflection is the explicit ability to turn one's opponent's attacks against them."

Last edited:
i just tought it would be better to wait to hear the most knowledgeble member of naruto about these, that's it
I appreciate it, but come on now, I'm definitely not the most knowledgeable member about Naruto lol.

Anyway, regarding the OP
Applies to all Kekkei Genkai users:

Resistance to Power Mimicry and Analytical Prediction: Users of Kekkei Genkai are too skilled to be copied by Kakashi's Sharingan
I agree with Damage. This is just a limitation for the Sharingan's Power Mimicry. It can't copy Kekkei Genkai because these are genetic traits, and the Sharingan can't copy that, it can only copy techniques.
Applies to almost all ninjutsu users:

It is implied that you just need chakra control to resist the ice release jutsu of Kahyo, since he says "people who can't manipulate their chakra end up frozen":
“I activated the Earth Chain Ice I cast on you,” Kahyo said, turning toward
Kakashi. “If you don’t want to be frozen, the only thing you can do is keep
molding your chakra and sending that heat around your body.”
“I see. So people who can’t manipulate their chakra end up frozen right
away, huh?”
“As long as you are using your chakra to suppress the Earth Chain Ice, you
won’t be able to use it for any other jutsu. In other words, Hatake Kakashi,”
she paused, “you are just a regular person now.”
“So it was you. The one who froze everyone other than Rahyo, it was
you.”
“I’m the only one who can use Earth Chain Ice.”

Additionally, it was confirmed that almost any Shinobi can resist it too, because if only people with chakra control on Kakashi level could resist it, then Tsunade wouldn't ask Kahyo to use her Ice Release on all ninjutsu users in general

“From where I sit, your Earth Chain Ice looks pretty useful.”
She stared at him.
“What are you talking about, Kakashi?” Tsunade. “What on earth could
you use her ninjutsu for?”
“Lady Tsunade.” Kakashi looked over at her. “When it is cast on ordinary people, her Earth Chain Ice freezes them instantly. But ninja who can mold
chakra can send that chakra around their bodies to generate heat and prevent
their bodies from freezing. So if you’re hit with Earth Chain Ice, you have to
always be molding your chakra. In other words, the prisoners wouldn’t be
able to use it to escape. What do you think? Right now, there’s no castle
master at Hozuki Castle really guarding the prisoners. I think she’s ideally
suited to the role.”
“I see.” It was Shikamaru who replied. “The previous master Mui did use
his Celestial Prison to ensure that prisoners would spontaneously combust if
they molded their chakra. This woman’s Earth Chain Ice would be as
effective, but in the opposite way. Lady Tsunade, I think she might work. All
the villages are exhausted from the Fourth Great Ninja War. Labor is short
everywhere, so if we released everyone from this infinitely tiresome job of
supervising the prison, maybe the esteem Konoha is held in would rise. And
it would make a good example.”
- Kakashi Hiden: Lightning in the Icy Sky Chapter 14
I'm neutral on this one, leaning towards agreeing since the statements seem pretty solid.
Damage Boost: Ninjutsu users are trained to increase the power and speed of their thrown weapons with chakra
This time the wind blows from the valley’s bottom and then one white petal in particular falls a couple of feet in front of Sasuke as it danced and he aimed the shuriken into it.

Sasuke throws the paper shuriken in a gesture, it is now flowing with it’s speed and exact calculations that cannot be compared to how the brothers did it.

And the shuriken pierce the petal that are aimed as Sasuke hits them perfectly.

“Oh!”

“Wow!”

“Amazing, just amazing!”

“You are so cool!”

The brothers expressed their excitement with their mouths open wide.

“The trick much of it is on the intensity of the paper, or you can use your chakra, but I wasn’t using mine back then, it can be your good arm throw.” - Akatsuki Hiden Prologue
Neutral.
Edo Tensei

Instinctive Reactions - Edo Tensei zombies will move without thinking to counter an enemy's attack (Chapter 547 and 548)
This is fine, but it should be noted that this is only applicable for when the Edo Tensei caster puts the zombies on autopilot mode.
Neutral on this for the sole reason that there are some.....anti-feats. This particular point probably needs its own thread.
Naruto Uzumaki:

I agree with Damage on this. Naruto just has such mastery over Nature Energy by this point that he can handle such an amount. I'm not seeing any resistance here.
Attack Reflection with Kurama chakra: Uses his chakra aura to reflect projectiles
He just deflected them with a shockwave. In order to get Attack Reflection, he needs to have reflected the attack back at Haku. So yeah, I disagree with this.
Madara:

Resistance to Fire, Lava and piercing damage: Isn't affected by the heat of Naruto's Lava Release Rasenshuriken
Well, Madara already has Heat Resistance through Amaterasu, so this would be kinda moot anyway, but I'm also leaning towards agreeing with Damage.
Obito:
Fear inducing aura: Shown here to emit a fear inducing aura that stopped kid Itachi from moving, though he does resist it slightly. He also exudes a chakra aura that resembles bloodlust

Itachi:
Resistance to fear manipulation: In the aforementioned scans, he resisted it barely as a kid, and then was unaffected by it on the day of the massacre

Orochimaru:

Resistance to Paralysis Inducement: Was completely unaffected by a Paralysis Jutsu (Boruto Chapter 3.5)
I agree with the rest, pretty straightforward.

Last edited:
I have a question for people who disagree with resistance to power mimicry:

Do we assume all magical Power Mimicry can copy genetics unless stated otherwise?

He does say that its too much though, implying its too much to handle

I agree with Damage on this. Naruto just has such mastery over Nature Energy by this point that he can handle such an amount. I'm not seeing any resistance here.

Well, Madara already has Heat Resistance through Amaterasu, so this would be kinda moot anyway, but I'm also leaning towards agreeing with Damage.
His mastery allows him to control nature energy so that he doesn't absorb too much of it and get transmuted. But here, he ends up absorbing too much anyways, so its not about nature energy mastery. Also, heat resistance won't grant resistance to lava and fire, thats why we don't grant resistance to fire and lava unless they have a feat or statement of resisting it

Also i don't think that's fear inducement kid itachi is just afraid of him. Obito isn't stated to have an ability that creates fear

Also i don't think that's fear inducement kid itachi is just afraid of him.
Bleach fan detected, opinion discarded

He says its either because Itachi was afraid or because of his aura but Itachi shouldn't be this scared just because someone can kill him since he's known to have a lot of willpower, and the fear aura is a common thing in Naruto

I have a question for people who disagree with resistance to power mimicry:

Do we assume all magical Power Mimicry can copy genetics unless stated otherwise?
If not stated or shown to be able to copy genetic powers then no.

In Naruto is stated and shown that if a jutsu is something that comes from a bloodline (genetic) then it can't be copied while we have Rimuru who after ingesting a target can copy them to their biological level. Then there is also the case of AMAZO who was stated to copy meta powers but at the same time he copied Superman whose power is something biological.

Basically, 1st case can copy any non biological powers, 2nd can copy biological powers too after ingesting X being, and 3rd can copy anyone regardless. Power Mimicry like lots of powers need to be taken individual and analyzed.

Now onto the CRT itself. Agree with Damage, as it make no sense to add the power mimicry resistance when its a limitation of Sharingan. Madara has never shown to resist to the power...someone could say but he wasn't burnt by the Lava Release and I can counter with Naruto's clothes weren't burnt too (which I think all can agree are less durable than Madara's skin)...simple put physics and their consequences are ignored by the author (in his drawing), and without a better backing we can't just add the resistance on the profile.

In rest Damage and Slayer explained enough and I will just say more or less the argument but with my words/phrasing.

Bleach fan detected, opinion discarded

He says its either because Itachi was afraid or because of his aura but Itachi shouldn't be this scared just because someone can kill him since he's known to have a lot of willpower, and the fear aura is a common thing in Naruto
It literally says he froze up like a frog under the watchful eye of a snake. Then goes on to say his body could have detected the difference in their power and so couldn't move out of fear of his power. That's literally just instinctual fear.

Madara has never shown to resist to the power...someone could say but he wasn't burnt by the Lava Release and I can counter with Naruto's clothes weren't burnt too (which I think all can agree are less durable than Madara's skin)...simple put physics and their consequences are ignored by the author (in his drawing), and without a better backing we can't just add the resistance on the profile.
I don't think its valid to use the clothes argument, you're not gonna tell me Naruto is below building level because he didnt instantly vaporise Kaguya's clothes with explosive ninjutsu, you also ain't gonna tell me Amaterasu is weaker than lava in terms of heat because it didnt instantly erase Obito and Karin's clothes.

Its a common thing in fiction for clothes to be durable, like the meme of Hulk's pants being durable, I think its less absurd to just say the clothes have durability lol

It literally says froze up like a frog under the watchful eye of a snake. Then goes on to say his body could have detected the difference in their power and so couldn't move out of fear of his power. That's literally just instinctual fear.
No, it also says that its either that or an actual fear aura, and I told you why I'm leaning towards the fear aura interpretation

I don't think its valid to use the clothes argument, you're not gonna tell me Naruto is below building level because he didnt instantly vaporise Kaguya's clothes with explosive ninjutsu, you also ain't gonna tell me Amaterasu is weaker than lava in terms of heat because it didnt instantly erase Obito and Karin's clothes.

Its a common thing in fiction for clothes to be durable, like the meme of Hulk's pants being durable, I think its less absurd to just say the clothes have durability lol
That's why I said the author ignores physics and their consequences. At the same time, I also said without a better backing of X feat we don't add them on profiles if its not stated or shown. He didn't shown to resist or be affected by it but same can be said for all things, the tree wasn't damage till the rasenshuriken hit it.

Kaguya's clothes appeared with her, directly from her being, or how they enlarged as she was transforming in the bunny monster (till they appeared on her again as she used the expansive truth-seeking orb). I don't think it was ever said which was hotter between them.

No, it also says that its either that or an actual fear aura, and I told you why I'm leaning towards the fear aura interpretation
They gave 3 interpretation

1."Perhaps because of the man’s wordless pressure"

2."Perhaps his instincts, sensing the difference between his own abilities and
those of the man, refused to let him fight"

3."Or perhaps all the blood in his body
had collected in his head, as his brain frantically tried to analyze the
inexplicable phenomenon that was the man’s body."

2 of the 3 interruptions intel natural fear or being overwhelmed.

Natural fear makes more sense as the narrator says he froze up like a frog being watched by a snake.

But even if we go with the wordless pressure interpretation it's still not fear inducement. As itachi wasn't afraid he was paralyzed by the pressure of his aura

That's why I said the author ignores physics and their consequences. At the same time, I also said without a better backing of X feat we don't add them on profiles if its not stated or shown. He didn't shown to resist or be affected by it but same can be said for all things, the tree wasn't damage till the rasenshuriken hit it.

Kaguya's clothes appeared with her, directly from her being, or how they enlarged as she was transforming in the bunny monster (till they appeared on her again as she used the expansive truth-seeking orb). I don't think it was ever said which was hotter between them.
The author ignores it, but the manga doesn't. The manga has more authority here

we don't add them on profiles if its not stated or shown. He didn't shown to resist or be affected by it but same can be said for all things, the tree wasn't damage till the rasenshuriken hit it.

What isn't stated or shown?

They gave 3 interpretation

1."Perhaps because of the man’s wordless pressure"

2."Perhaps his instincts, sensing the difference between his own abilities and
those of the man, refused to let him fight"

3."Or perhaps all the blood in his body
had collected in his head, as his brain frantically tried to analyze the
inexplicable phenomenon that was the man’s body."

2 of the 3 interruptions intel natural fear or being overwhelmed.

Natural fear makes more sense as the narrator says he froze up like a frog being watched by a snake.

But even if we go with the wordless pressure interpretation it's still not fear inducement. As itachi wasn't afraid he was paralyzed by the pressure of his aura
Wordless pressure obviously refers to the fear aura thing which is a common ability in Naruto dude

Was it ever stated that Madara resist to lava release? Has he ever stated to resist to it? No, he didn't say or monologue about it - so statement is out. Has Madara shown to resist to Lava Release? No, he was hit by the attack and tanked it. Another argument could be that when the Rasenshuriken hit the tree with its blades it didn't melt/vaporize the wood but splinter it as it can be seen in the manga panel you posted.

Another argument could be that when the Rasenshuriken hit the tree with its blades it didn't melt/vaporize the wood but splinter it as it can be seen in the manga panel you posted.
It also burned it, as seen by the fire. But it's not like Madara was undamaged by the attack, either. The area where the Rasenshuriken hit is completely red, which could indicate either bleeding, severe burns, or a bit of both.

It also burned it, as seen by the fire. But it's not like Madara was undamaged by the attack, either. The area where the Rasenshuriken hit is completely red, which could indicate either bleeding, severe burns, or a bit of both.
It doesn't load for me. Sincerely, the Rasenshuriken(s) to me always seem to be first impact/cutting jutsu and only after exploding/expanding do they show their ''elements/attributes'' like with Kakuzu it first hit him and cut while propulsing him backward till it exploded and the Wind doing his effects, same case for 3rd Raikage, then here the Lava Rasenshuriken showed its ''heat'' after it expanded.

Was it ever stated that Madara resist to lava release? Has he ever stated to resist to it? No, he didn't say or monologue about it - so statement is out. Has Madara shown to resist to Lava Release? No, he was hit by the attack and tanked it.
Yeah, he tanked it, and survived its heat

The tree would just have lava and fire resistance

I think its enough to be resistance

Also, how tf do people who survive amaterasu only have heat resistance, they should have fire resistance too

Back