• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Moon Conundrum (Potential Upgrades)

It was definitely stated in the movie that the Otsutsukis made the Moon a better place to live in for the inhabitants.

They did so by creating a small sun to light the core, and creating oceans inside it, etc. We previously accepted that only 15% of the Moon was hollow because of that, but the Moon's gravity being the same as the Earth's would require the Fake Sun to have affected a considerably larger portion of the Moon.

So in order for the downgrade to happen the moon will have to have comparable gravity to earth??? So this thread will still cause upgrades while using Toneris AP as a sacrifice OVO lmao poor Toneri

Like I mentioned above, if the area where gravity is the same as that of Earth is even closer, not on the surface, then you would just plug in its distance from the center to find the mass of everything within the sphere of that radius.

For instance, if you did it for a radius the size of the core of the moon, you would get that their core has a mass of 1.3*10^22 kg

Of course, if the gravity is being applied away from the center of the moon, which it sounds like it is, then this was all kinda pointless, as that would be completely impossible normally, unless it was caused by ninjutsu. Which means the gravity has no bearing on the mass whatsoever.

These trolls are getting ridiculous...anyway.

Are we positive that the moon was breaking up because of earth's gravity and not because of the force Toneri placed on it and the speed it travelled?

As big of a naruto fan I am, I've actually never seen The Last.

YungManzi said:
These trolls are getting ridiculous...anyway.

Are we positive that the moon was breaking up because of earth's gravity and not because of the force Toneri placed on it and the speed it travelled?

As big of a naruto fan I am, I've actually never seen The Last.
Even if the moon had the same surface gravity as Earth, it would still have less mass and as a result would begin breaking up as it approached.

The same Moon, however, is shown to be pretty damn hollow near the core, and if this is to be accepted we'd have an even higher value for the hollowness and you'd need to shave a lot away due to that.

Ar we arguing 5-A? Would it not be an outlier regardless? I personally disagree with it being accepted even if it was legit.

Why would the core/hollow area need to be higher for this?

Also, regardless of that, if the gravity is a certain acceleration then the moon's mass would correlate. This wouldn't be affected by hollowness, because gravity is caused by mass and unrelated to volume.

Also, is the gravity discussed here facing away from the center of the moon?

@Blah

Well the main arguement being used against TFO stems from "the moon begining to break down in earth's atmosphere". I'm simply asking the question "Do we know for certain if that was due to the earth's higher mass or if it was Toneri himself?"

Is there a stamement in the movie pointing one way or the other?

TFO's argument is that the moon would be as massive as the Earth. I've argued against that, because with the way gravity works the moon would have to be less massive even if it had the same surface gravity.

@Yung

It was due to the Earth, stated in the movie. Toneri was only moving the Moon towards it.

@Blah

Is that based on how our moon works irl?

We don't know if that applies to naruto. I mean, I don't think I've ever seen a moon phase other than full in Naruto, so we don't know if the moon even orbits around the earth.

it's even worse when considering the fact that the moon is "man made".

Well, I sure hope it isn't too big of a downgrade. We're still seeing at least Multi-Continent level AP.

EDIT: Welp, I'm seeing Moon level AP even with the Moon's mass being reduced to 1.1025e+22 kg and using the low-end from Keplekey's Toneri calc. At least, the moving part.

And for the cutting part, with the low-end speed, I get Multi-Continent level+ AP.

Blahblah9755 said:
Also, regardless of that, if the gravity is a certain acceleration then the moon's mass would correlate. This wouldn't be affected by hollowness, because gravity is caused by mass and unrelated to volume.

@Kep

Kepekley23 said:
It was definitely stated in the movie that the Otsutsukis made the Moon a better place to live in for the inhabitants.
They did so by creating a small sun to light the core, and creating oceans inside it, etc. We previously accepted that only 15% of the Moon was hollow because of that, but the Moon's gravity being the same as the Earth's would require the Fake Sun to have affected a considerably larger portion of the Moon.
No, i don't think this was stated...I own the movie and have watched it several times. Only the databook states they went to the moon to watch the Gedo Mazou, nothing more.

Blahblah9755 said:
TFO's argument is that the moon would be as massive as the Earth. I've argued against that, because with the way gravity works the moon would have to be less massive even if it had the same surface gravity.
If King Kai planet can be 10x the mass of earth without being the size of a gass giant, then the moon can have comparable gravity without being Earth size. This ia fiction dude....And Kep's argument would lead to the moon being planet size. Which would dramatically increase the SPCT calc.

Gravity does not equal mass.

King Kai's planet has 10 times the gravity of Earth, but nowhere near the mass, because that gravity is incredibly close to the planet's center. If you were that close to our planet's center the gravity would be far more than 10 times that of the surface..

Even if the Naruto moon's surface gravity was twice that of Earth it would still have a lower mass, because it's much smaller, and gravity is therefore being applied closer to the its center than it would be on Earth.

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
The naruto moon is defiantly not planet sized.
Exactly, thus the moon having to be hollow to have Earth like gravity makes no sense (Makes no sense in the first place).

Kep plans to make a thread about the recent Naruto planet-sized calcs, so we may find more answers there.

Blahblah9755 said:

I'd still like a response to this. If gravity faces away from the artificial sun in the center of the planet (which is what it sounds like from how it's been described) then the gravity would have to be from something other than the planet's mass.

You mean the moon is hollow right? Because there's tons of shots that show the crust is ultra thin.

Even if the moon was slightly hollow I don't think the resulting mass would change very much unless it can be proven most of it is concentrated on a much smaller volume than that of the actual moon.

Back