• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto: Momoshiki Durability

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this weeks Boruto Chapter, Momoshiki too a direct hit to the back of the neck from Sasuke's Kusanagi Blade without a scratch before transforming:

Kgg;ei

Same Kusanagi Blade Easily Pierced Six Paths BM Naruto and Rikudo Madara:

Naruto-gets-stabbed

A443318e8fcd27af40db487d521d9ec22b1cb3c44b04d1ca2eb75409

So is it fair to say Momoshiki's Durability is Moon Level+ (Tanked Sasuke's Kusanagi Blade which Pierced Rikudo Madara and Naruto)?

Or being that their Durability is already Moon+ whould it be At Least Moon+?

Naruto characters mainly human beings are vulnerable to cutting or stabbing attacks. Most of their durability feats come from blunt attacks or from energy attacks.

Cutting attacks require less force to hurt an individual. So considering that Momoshiki did not show signs of any damage this is quite an impressive feat.

Naruto tanked Toneri's moon splitting sword casually with a partial transformation, and Sasuke's Kusanagi pierced him, so yeah this is impressive.

Although, why should it be at least 5-C? Naruto and Sasuke are going to fight him and they'll surely injure him and they are Moon+. So unless they are at least 5-C themselves, I'm not sure why Momoshiki should get that level of durability.

Though I do kind of think this is slightly an invulnerability feat. Considering Madara and Naruto have similar levels of durability but unlike Momoshiki they are able to be cut or stabbed easily by Sasuke's Kusanagi blade.

Sasuke imbued lightning in his blade when he bisected Madara and I've seen somewhere that Shin's ability ignores durability so maybe that's why it pierced Naruto.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Sasuke imbued lightning in his blade when he bisected Madara and I've seen somewhere that Shin's ability ignores durability so maybe that's why it pierced Naruto.
No, the only thing confirmed is that Shin can control Weapons (Similar to Magneto). No other thing has been confirmed, when Naruto got pierced, it was just on Sasuke's Blade's Potency, just like for Madara in the scan I posted. Also, there are other instances in which Blades couldn't pierce or cut through Chakra cloaks:

Ee1ade61fd26bd02ebdda5fac031d200efe66ef2 hq

Naruto-5774

Naruto-saves-hinata

So. it's not like anybody can just pierce through cloaks and it's a big deal being able to do so in Naruto:

Naruto-761720

^Third Raikage also an example

These can't be considered outliers so the fact that Momoshiki was able to was able to take a direct hit to the back of the neck without a scratch when Sasuke's sword able to easily pierce god tiers with Moon+ Durability. Is very inpressive. It's either that's his base durability or his durability increased after absorbing Kinshiki despite the fact he hadn't yet transformed.

Okay. Seems good. But what I'm saying is that Naruto and Sasuke will still end up hurting Momoshiki. How's that supposed to work when he has at least 5-C durability compared to their 5-C. This seems good, but that's my main concern for now.

Let's wait for TheMightyRegulator since it seems like he's the one that handles the Naruto profiles here.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Okay. Seems good. But what I'm saying is that Naruto and Sasuke will still end up hurting Momoshiki. How's that supposed to work when he has at least 5-C durability compared to their 5-C. This seems good, but that's my main concern for now.
Let's wait for TheMightyRegulator since it seems like he's the one that handles the Naruto profiles here.
So far Naruto and Sasuke are scaled to 5-C from Six Paths Chibaku Tensei amoungst other things. This is the new canon which means, Naruto and Sasuke's Key's from this point onwards will just have to be upgraded via their feats. That's what happened with their pages after Chunin exams in the recap. If Naruto and Sasuke Harm this new Momoshiki that just means their stats will just scale accordingly. And so far if Sasuke's Sword can't pierce Momoshiki without enhancements that just means any damage they manage to inflict will be scaled from At Least 5-C likely higher. Remember, Naruto and Sasuke are already in 5-B territory. This would just Boost them to being legit Small Planet Level Charcaters without question at their Max. For Adult Sasuke and Naruto it would just be: "At Least Moon Level+, Likely Higher (Could Physically Harm Momoshiki with Kinshiki absorbed)"

And on Momo's page you just scale his durability accordingly: "At Least Moon Level+, Likely Higher (Tanked Sasuke's Kusanagi Blade without a scratch that could pierced Rikudo Madara and Six Paths Biju Mode Naruto without Enhancements after absorbing Kinshiki before transforming.)"

Obviously we should wait because more feats will happen next chapter that will give us better insight into this but going along the movie's path, this is likely going to be the AT LEAST bracket because in the book as well as the movie Naruto and Sasuke stomps Momoshiki and the writer wrote the book and cowrote the movie.

Also, Momoshiki with Kinshiki absorbed image should be edited:

No. This is wrong.

The reason why Momoshiki didn't get cut is because he ate Kinshiki, HE LITERALLY SAYS "TOO LATE" when Sasuke attacks

Also Naruto getting cut in the gaiden was because he didn't expect it, and Kurama outright says that it's because he's rusty.

Inoue211 said:
No. This is wrong.

The reason why Momoshiki didn't get cut is because he ate Kinshiki, HE LITERALLY SAYS "TOO LATE" when Sasuke attacks

Also Naruto getting cut in the gaiden was because he didn't expect it, and Kurama outright says that it's because he's rusty.
This is still the case as it was before he transformed still so eitherway it would still be at least, just doesn't qualify as his BASE DURABILITY. And no, this is a misconception. Naruto being Rusty or having dulled senses doesn't affet his durability. Kurama Controlled 4tk Naruto didn't expect to get stabbed by Orochimaru and you see how much that did for Oro.

Sasukes sword is really durable though. From part 1 we learned blades made from chakra > than regular blades. Which leads me to believe that sasukes sword is something like a chakra weapon similar to asuma's wind blades or orochimaru's actual sword of kusanagi.

I think that "At least Moon level+" durability seems reasonable, but will ask Kkapoios and TheMightyRegulator for input.

BarryAllen2.0 said:
Inoue211 said:
No. This is wrong.

This is still the case as it was before he transformed still so eitherway it would still be at least, just doesn't qualify as his BASE DURABILITY. And no, this is a misconception. Naruto being Rusty or having dulled senses doesn't affet his durability. Kurama Controlled 4tk Naruto didn't expect to get stabbed by Orochimaru and you see how much that did for Oro.
It's AFTER HE ATE THE FRUIT, IT DOESN'T MATTER IF HIS FORM HADN'T CHANGED YET because he had already gotten the power from Kinshiki, and he transforms an instant later.

Again, he literally says "too late" because he ate Kinshiki and he shows that his hand is empty(and his mouth), you need to have some severe case of poor reading comprehension if you don't see that the attack doesn't work because Momoshiki had already eaten Kinshiki after he literally tells you so.

Why the hell would Momoshiki run like a little bitch from Darui if he was so durable to not care about Sasuke's attack? Are you telling me that Darui has moon level attacks? Look here, blocks Darui's sword which means HE CAN'T tank his sword to the face, why would he go out his way to block Darui if he can no sell with no problem at all an attack from Sasuke of all people? Blocking it is just making him lose speed over his pursuers so it's impractical, so it's not like he does it because he feels like it but because it's dangerous.

He shouldn't even feel Darui's attack if that was the case but he's clearly worried about being cut by it.

H035

H036

@Inoue211, You must not have read my post correctly. Its set up for either or. I agree, but like i said it doesn't change the outcome, this just doesn't qualify as Base Durability anymore. I just can no longer edit the Title.

I dunno.

Kaguya's essentially a haxx type of character compared to the brute force type Momoshiki. Where Kaguya has ash bones, TSB and portal spam, Momo has super absorption, power amp and cannibalizing his own ally shtick.

If anything, methinks Kaguya's wary of his power and thus amassing an army to fight him off in close-quarters as she knows of his ability to absorb and amp ninjutsu.

This is all my headcanon so don't take my word for it.

@AppleLord

I find the manga crappy so I can't say much about that but Momo in the movie created a big Bijuudama, not TSB.

@Burning Full Fingers

Idk. If she did, then rightly so because she's far from the brightest thing in the world, her combat skills are laughable and her only saving grace is her massive chakra capacity from the fruit.

Yeah, but I don't think she was trained to fight. I mean, even in the anime, she would have been killed by fodder if not for that girl that saved her.

So, will Momoshiki's durability be adjusted?

I would like to wait for the Naruto experts to reply first.

I degrees, she fear him before eating the fruit. That is why she escape to Earth, and after gaining the power she still wanted an army.

Her power is essentially a liability against someone that can absorb it. That's what I guess would be her reason for having an army.

You have to be willingly like Kinshiki was in both the movie, and the manga. There are also some problems with Kinshiki's scaling in the manga.

I mean her ninjutsu like ash bones and what not. Can you imagine Momo absorbing something like ETSB and throwing it back at Kaguya?

Momoshiki is not more powerful than Kaguya and Rinne Sharingan Madara and Hagoromo...

The guy wants the tailed beast powers... And says that Kurama's chakra is massive. Guess what... Kaguya's, Madara's and Hagoromo's chakra is far more.

The only thing that made Momo a threat is that he can absorb the ninjutsu thrown to him and use them as his own after... Though All Rinnegan users should absorb the ninjutsu since the Preta Path is stated to do so...

Gemmysaur said:
I mean her ninjutsu like ash bones and what not. Can you imagine Momo absorbing something like ETSB and throwing it back at Kaguya?
Wouldn't she regenerate from it though? And if Momoshiki doesn't know about her Regenerationn and lets his guard down, he might end up getting turned to ashes for his troubles.

This durability feat is more fitting to scale to Momoshiki's new form as it's a direct result of consuming Kinshiki.

Something akin to: At Least Moon level+ (Was completely unharmed by Sasuke's attack even when not fully transformed)

It's pointless to discuss this any further, in my opinion, as Post-Kinshiki absorbed Momoshiki is still largely unknown and so I think we should leave him as he is for now.

╬Ü╬ƒ╬£╬Ö╬× said:
AppleLord said:
There are more Shinju's outer in space. The 10 tails is not the only one.
The one shown in the manga and movie is tiny compared to the one in the war arc though...
I'm not sure about that. The Shinju tree on the desert in the Land of Lightning wasn't bigger than the country, while the one in Momoshiki's planet, was gigantic in size compare to the planet's curve.

@TheMightyRegulator

Okay. Feel free to appropriately adjust his profile when we know more then.

Should I close this thread in the meantime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back