• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto: Eight Gates's multipliers.

M3X_2.0

VS Battles
Retired
In this thread, some members and I were discussing the multipliers of the Eight Gates.

It is said that the first gate gives an increase in dozens of times its level, in the thread we agree to use 24 times, for being at least two dozens.

Gates
The question is, should we use the multipliers or not?

i dont know actually. i heard that 8th gate can make someone 100x stronger or higher. why dont we get base guy and multiply him by that? spoiler alert, he will not be 5C. so i think that this should/does not apply.

for one, a ninja is stated to only use 20% of all their muscle mass at any normal given time. the 1st gate turns that into 100%, which makes any user of it 5x stronger. this seems quite coherent, but from there on, the release/amp is not muscle based at all, and purely chakra based (meaning the amp is not as high a 5x, since the 5x amps takes into account both muscle and chakra release, while the others dont even apply to the muscles themselves, which would, imo, halve the amp, making the other gates 2.5x amp). another way, i would assume, is that each release after that should be an added 1/8th per gate released of the total 8 gates. makes sense?

Yeah, it specifically gives values. Gai states that a human is only using 20% of their Physical Ability because the Brain reatricts it and that unlocking the first Gate gives access to 100% of their full physical ability.

In regards to 8th gate, it can literally be quantified, so there is no need to use assumptions.

It is a statement that is not consistent with feats. Guy jumped from 7-A to 5-C. Kep seems to have rejected when I talked to him

M3X said:
I mean the 8 gate
The 8th gate isn't contradicting the statement though. 7-A to 5-C still falls under "Tens of Times". All that means is it's a buff more than 10x. Plural. Multiple 10x boosts, etc. It can be Quantified.

yeah, but how many 10s are there tho? for all we know, it could just be a 37x multiplier lol joking, but yeah, it is very inconsistent... although, inst this madara that he fought stronger than himself, but still weaker than other madaras?

There is another translation, which says that the power of a user, after removing all their limits, in the 8th Gate increases by 100x and exceeds those of a Kage .

^ I think this translation makes a lot more sense, as it is said by Kakashi (if I am not mistaken) in the classic, that in the 8th Gate, the user gains a power above even a Kage, but that would die in the end. Nothing dozens of times above a Kage or something.

Kep seems to have rejected using the 100x multiplier here. He said the increase is much bigger than 100x

@Most

Na tradução do mangá físico diz "dezenas de vezes acima dos Kage"

i think we know that the amp needed to bring him to 5C is much higher lol, i como eu disse, duas dezenas eh apenas 100, muito mais eh necesario pra trazer-lo a 5C

@M3X

Que tem haver ser fisico ou n├úo? Como eu disse, essa tradu├º├úo dos "100x" ai me parece mais consistente com o classico, onde ele diz que por um curte periodo, ele apenas ultrapassa os Kages, ainda mais no fato de que ele diz os port├Áes iniciais j├í d├úo um aumento de dezenas. Se pode ser usado, ai é uma outra discuss├úo.

Mas pra mim, eu n├úo dou a minima, sério mesmo!

@Most

Tem a ver que a tradu├º├úo é mais correta, feita por tradutores melhores que s├úo pagos pra isso.

@M3X

Se for a mesma tradu├º├úo que fiveram no Databook, com o Kirin na velocidade da luz... E vai ser interessante o quanto de versos ter├úo que revisar, pra ver se n├úo vai ter alguma coisa errada com as tradu├º├Áes por f├ús.

Aonde me contaram, é a tradu├º├úo originalzona mesmo.

N├úo precisa generalizar as coisas. N├úo é por que algo foi traduzido errado - adaptado - que tudo vai estar errado, e n├úo, n├úo vamos revisar nenhum verso por causa de tradu├º├úo.

Usar mang├í f├¡sico ou traduzir diretamente do japon├¬s é algo só feito quando duas scans traduzem com palavras diferentes que mudam o sentido, como foi no caso agora.

Also, there isn't a way to slap a multiplier on it because the Gates are dormant limit unleashers. Not everyone has the same cap on their potential on it, so ultimately using any multiplier at all both inflates and deflates its ability.

MostPowerfull said:
But has Guy hurt Madara not an inconsistency?
Why would it be if the 8th Gateis featless aside from that?

I also bring up the example of Gai's father who was Genin-level and yet could fight toe-to-toe with almost all Seven Swordsmen at once by using the Gates. That's ridiculously more than a 100x boost or 24x boost.

@Kep

I had not looked at Guy's profile these days ... The last time I'd seen him, he was like Unknown and I figured that was the reason.

I understand...

I agree with the first gate gives 5x multiplier but 8th gate gives 100x completely ridiculous. Also, 8th gate give 100x to what? Base or 7th Gate?

Just look at ap chart and multiply them through 7-C/6-C to 5-C.

Kepekley23 said:
MostPowerfull said:
But has Guy hurt Madara not an inconsistency?
Why would it be if the 8th Gateis featless aside from that?

I also bring up the example of Gai's father who was Genin-level and yet could fight toe-to-toe with almost all Seven Swordsmen at once by using the Gates. That's ridiculously more than a 100x boost or 24x boost.
he wasnt genin level, he was a just a genin. its like saying naruto is genin level all throughout the 4th war, cuz he is one. he was stornger than that. for one, he was stornger than guy, who at the time was equal to kid kakashi

Didn't Guy's father need all eight gates to hold off the previous 7 Swordsman of the Mist in the past?.

Except Naruto is a false equivalence. Naruto had the skills to beat Chunins and Jonins easily, he simply did not pass the exam to become any of these. Gai's father was a Genin-level ninja. He couldn't excel at anything except the Gates.

If Gai's father had Jonin level skills he would have effortlessly destroyed the Seven Swordsman with the 6th or 7th gate most considering what they do for the likes of Gai.

There is no way they would have lasted against him for even a minute, let alone survived if he used all 8 gates. None of them would have made it out alive.

i never said he was a jonin level, but ok. i said he wasnt a genin level one, as he was stronger than guy. that alone makes him equal to kid kakashi pre sharingan. by that point, they were like what, 8A or so? multiply that by 100x and u get a town level might dai (estimate, since i used the lowest end for 8A tier. he couldve been stornger than that, since he was stronger than kid guy). if i were to use small town, u get town level at its max. its kinda coherent, since it would make him him stronger than even zabuza, who was most likely stronger than any of the swordsmen present there.

When talking about ninja tanks it's case by case. Almost all of the new gen are above genin. Sasuke was already chunin level after the exams as well as Naruto, Rock Lee, Gaara, Shino, and the others.

We should just use Might Dai being a genin as an argument.

That's my two cents tho

same here. i even told u guys why he is above even chunin level (making him stronger iruka at least, who, while pretty weak nowadays, was actually quite strong back in the early days of the first part)

Btw, the 8th Gate is, "more or less", a billion 10x multipliers.

• This is Based on Base Gai being the Lowest Value of 7-A (100 megatons), multiplying it by 10 (1 gigaton) and Dividing the Lowest value for 5-C, which I believe Madara is rated as, by it.
  • This is of course assuming what's stated for the 8th gate implies "Tens of Times" from Base and not 7th Gate.
  • Of course this is an approximation as I was too lazy to check Gai's stats and Madara's Stats, but it's definitely in the ball park.
  • And yes, that number is high. We have terminology to help us easily explain it, such as "Millions of Times", etc, but at the end of the day, it's just an easier way of saying "Tens of Times" or "Dozens", etc.

ok great, problem solved, we dont use multipliers unless they are either proven to be true by feats and logic, or are repeatedly stated as such. nice. cuz a few dozen times is really not coherent with 10 billion

Feat-scaling is not only not a valid practice, that calc ignores the fact that the Gates unleash the dormant limits inside each person, and of course, there's a vast difference between everyone when it comes to raw potential. When you look at Might Duy or Rock Lee those numbers fall apart extremely quickly, considering the former only went from tier 8 to tier 7 by using either the seventh or eighth gate (implied to be the latter), and the latter went from Town level to Mountain level by using the Seventh Gate.

Also, trying to pass off "dozens of times" as meaning "millions of times" is extremely iffy. Why not say the latter? It is not any more of a mouthful in comparison.

Back