• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto: Eight Gates's multipliers.

i think in the authors case (and any other author as well) they really never knew how strong they made thier characters. heck, we have dragon ball's who thought ssj3 was ssj2 for like, years lol

Kepekley23 said:
Feat-scaling is not only not a valid practice, that calc ignores the fact that the Gates unleash the dormant limits inside each person, and of course, there's a vast difference between everyone when it comes to raw potential. When you look at Might Duy or Rock Lee those numbers fall apart extremely quickly, considering the former only went from tier 8 to tier 7 by using either the seventh or eighth gate (implied to be the latter), and the latter went from Town level to Mountain level by using the Seventh Gate.
Fine..."In the case of Might Gai", not a big deal.

• Also, Lee used the 6th Gate in "The Last".
And as far as the "Tens of Times" vs "Millions of Times", there is nothing "iffy" about it. They are different ways to say the same thing, just one makes it easier by quantifying bigger numbers. Literally the same logic behind multiplication vs addition.

Except it isn't the same thing at all, as these phrases are commonly used to mean "inbetween this number and the next highest thing".

Tens of times or dozens of times means between 10 and 100, maximum generosity.

The multiplier is wrong anyway.

@final i agree with kep because this is simply the case for this, well, case, but i see what u mean. tens of tens could in turn be 1 mil, but not 10 billion (going by what was stated above) my man. its really, really stretching it. i see ur point, but things have limits. not limits, but rather, end points where it turns into something else, which is kinda what happens here. its really simple, the statement, while actually technically correct, is still wrong, as tens of times and millions of times are too huge of a difference from one to the other

hey @kep, i just had a thought. i remember something that says that the limbo clones that madara creates are different from shadow clones since each clone is as strong as the real madara. now, the iffy stuff about this is that each clone seemed to be equal to naruto's clones, which are all technicaly weaker than the real naruto. now, this may be explained by the fact that naruto's six paths sage mode is much, much, much more advanced and stronger than a normal sage mode, which might make up for the lost chakra used to make the clones and could just as well fill the clones' chakra pools, making them equivalent to the original i. e. they could fight kaguya and madara without using a single jutsu themselves, which is pretty damn good. what do u think? could the statement be true or not?

Kepekley23 said:
Except it isn't the same thing at all, as these phrases are commonly used to mean "inbetween this number and the next highest thing".
Tens of times or dozens of times means between 10 and 100, maximum generosity.

The multiplier is wrong anyway.
Actually, It is the same thing. If you disagree, fine, doesn't make it wrong.

Lorenzo.r.2nd said:
@final i agree with kep because this is simply the case for this, well, case, but i see what u mean. tens of tens could in turn be 1 mil, but not 10 billion (going by what was stated above) my man. its really, really stretching it. i see ur point, but things have limits. not limits, but rather, end points where it turns into something else, which is kinda what happens here. its really simple, the statement, while actually technically correct, is still wrong, as tens of times and millions of times are too huge of a difference from one to the other
Except the crux in this argument is that you guys are arbitrarily asserting an "End" to an otherwise Unquantifiable terminology.

• "Tens of Times" or "Dozens of times" doesn't mean between 10 and 100. That's quite the misconception. All it means is "Multiple Sets of Ten".
10 Billion falls in the category of "Multiple Sets of Ten", just it's easier to be quantified using "Millions". Like I said, the same Logic behind "Multiplication vs Addition".

• 5+5+5+5+5 = 25 vs 5x5 = 25 (Do you see the logic that Kep is denying?)

like i said, i see what both of u mean, but in this case, its not 5+5+5=5x5= 20, but more like 10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10= whatever.. u see?

Lorenzo.r.2nd said:
like i said, i see what both of u mean, but in this case, its not 5+5+5=5x5= 20, but more like 10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10= whatever.. u see?
I get that, but do you see what I mean when the terminology is basically the same? It doesn't matter what terminology you use, "Billions, Millions, Hundreds, Tens", etc. Its the same shit, just bigger values are easiest to quantify. Less work, etc.

So when you say you agree with Kep and that 10 Billion doesn't fit in the "Tens of Times" terminology, you're wrong. Period. You cannot understand me and reject the logic simultaneously and consider your opinion to be factual when it in and of itself denies the facts...sorry dude.

lol i know its the same. a lion, a tiger, and hello kity are all the same in some ways as well, but like.... u know what i mean.

anyways, if u really think that kakashi forgot to say that those tens of times he talked about was more like 10 times a billion, then sure, u do u, but thats just plain old dumb, if im being honest. its totally outta character for one, and for another, who the **** would go about saying what he said, the way he said it, but meaning something totally outta proportion?

nope, all cool.. i disagree with it simply by what i stated. if something like "it can make u hundredes of times stronger than even the kages" was said instead, then, yeah, no problem, i wouldve been on ur side, BUT a minimum of 100x multiplier compared to a minimum of 10000x multiplier is quite big imo.

lol we are talking about 1st gate no?

so why talk about 8th gate

we dont even accept 8th/last gate multipliers here

so....

yes, thats an easy. hmm, since we agree on that, we may get a legit tier for lee now. hey, i just noticed an error with lee's tier. he is 8B scaling from sasuke's katon, which shoudltn be the case, as it means he can counter it in base; weird part is that even kakashi decided to dodge it, instead of countering it, and kakashi should be above lee in physical aspects by this point, so like, why does lee scale?

Back