• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Databooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowbokunohero

VS Battles
Content Moderator
okay this thread isn't here to upgrade Naruto characters its just a suggestion that we should take these Databooks into account this applies to all series. the Naruto databook is often completely disregarded due to it having major "hyperboles" which i completely disagree with, yes there are few hyperboles just like 99 percent of fictional franchises out there but just because their are 1 or 2 inconsistencies doesn't mean we should completely ignore it. the majority of issues that people have are taken completely out of context for example Temari can blow away the universe, now all of sudden we dismiss it because of the title with out knowing its context. the sentence wasn't in conjunction with her prowess or anything it was tagline of sorts like for example she shines as bright as the sun? ( obviously not literally) and the same thing with kinshiki who can split worlds its the same thing as with the many fictional tales " the heavens trembled" instead of reading just the title and dismissing it you should read the entire description and understand it in its context. 2nd when a characters or abilities are given exact speeds/strengths we shouldn't dismiss it casually as-well, the most common thing i hear is that it's an outlier because they haven't shown anything like that prior. but isn't that the whole point of god tiers?? that their on a level completely above everyone else?, obviously Haku's LS statements are hyperbole because it contradicts itself later on. we have proof of that but just because of those few inconsistencies doesn't mean we should disregard everything as whole, something the author of the story had a major role in should always be looked in thoroughly. so in future discussions it would be nice if we can get the context first before just dismissing it.

I agree. I'm tired with everyone using Temari and Madara's Universal thing (and it was actually shown in separate threads that they were mistranslations or something) as a reason for dismissing databook statements and it has actually stretched out to other series. Also, I mean no offence to anybody in case I was misunderstood.

Oh holy god, finally a subject on this.

In total agreement with what you mention, there are 10 Naruto guides with more than 2500 pages of information of all kinds and I do not think anyone can deny that there is some unbelievable data in some cases, discussed in others or that are later denied or changed Later on, however, I find it irrational how in this case any information coming from these is discarded unlike other cases.

I could challenge those who disregard Naruto's guides who at least mention 50 cases of misinformation among the thousands in them, to at least cautiously take the information from the databooks. But I only see use the ad hominem fallacy to rule out any information out there. Perhaps the problem has arisen because some people have not been able to read such guides, because in the profiles there is always a metaphorically expressed sentence to introduce each character or jutsu, and it is probable that there are those who have taken these metaphors as a statement either to Favor or against in any discussion.

I see no reason to dismiss the information given in them, because they are given by the author himself who has the power to do everything possible, I know that some go for the but shows it is false but that is also a fallacy and That as I said, the author can do everything possible and if he is saying it is because he wants it to be so. And if we go to that, anything the author says is much more accurate than anything we can speculate.

I agree with this as well. I'm also tired with people trying to upgrade Naruto characters where they have been debunked multiple times already. They shouldn't get ignored at all since there may have been important stuff that could've been applied a long time ago.

@Dariel Senju

It doesn't matter if the author says it, unless its proven true it will not be excepted. Also even if what was stated was true they would still be outliers if the verse has nothing on that level and gets contradicted.

@Shadow

Can you post these naruto statements that you don't think are hyperbole? Because even if their not hyperbole and not mistranslated they still must not contradict what is seen in the Manga

LordGriffin1000 said:
It doesn't matter if the author says it, unless its proven true it will not be excepted. Also even if what was stated was true they would still be outliers if the verse has nothing on that level and gets contradicted.
Well you could say "Possibly *insert Tier here* since in Boros' profile the author stated that his attack can bust a planet that's why he's possibly a Planet level.

In all honesty the "possibly so so so tier" thing should not be abused and in all honesty should be used as sparingly as possible. The point of this wiki is accurate ratings, it hardly becomes accurate when every character is given a possibly rating because the data book says he's supposed to be this strong

I thought Boris was straight up Planet level with that roaring cannon thing?

Like I said though, just because the author says doesn't means it gets excepted nor should it even get a possibly.

It should only get a possibly if its backed up by more sources like characters in the verse who really don't have anything to lie about or if characters have shown things close to that level.

It should only be straight up excepted if the characters in said verse do things on this level exactly.

LordGriffin1000 said:
Like I said though, just because the author says doesn't means it gets excepted nor should it even get a possibly.
It should only get a possibly if its backed up by more sources like characters in the verse who really don't have anything to lie about or if characters have shown things close to that level.

It should only be straight up excepted if the characters in said verse do things on this level exactly.
authors word in most cases are taken over any calc and stuff, even some characters got upgraded at some point because of authors statement on twitter, as for the ones i dont believe are hyperbole. there's a lot i dont have any specifics in mind just that it should be discussed and analyzed instead of dismissed. and abilities that are performed by god tiers shouldnt be outliersh , many fictional verse jump double or triple tiers due feats performed by certain characters that have never been performed in the verse before.

Here it's the opposite, the authors statements are considered only opinions once his/her story is released. Calcs and feats take precedence over anything and everything else

1 it doesn't matter if their god tier or not, it matters about consistence, if a person blow up a planet in a verse full of city busters then yes said person is God Tier and is planet level, but if said person letter can't hold back or out power the city busters multiple times then said god tiers planet bust is an outlier.

2. Really? When are authors statements taken more over calcs? Proof? Because I thought we go by calcs more then WoG statements unless their back up by a feat or something.

which completely nullifies the point of having any databooks/ or sources for any fictional verse. which is ridiculous

Its not ridiculous, if they are accurate then they can be taken into account but if their not then we don't use.

1.yes that's inconsistency i agree but for example character A performs planet busting feat where the rest are city buster that makes them planet level but on many cases they arnt accepted because no other character in the verse can perform such a feat, which is ridiculous. 2.Mace windu being palatine's level was stated by word of god. no calcs or feats.

He is not trying to upgrade someone he just said that people used to say that there are tons of hyperboles in naruto databooks and their argument is "By databook Temari should be universal" etc,when it was just translation issue.

I'd appreciate @Shadow if you could bring those non-hiperbolic rejected statements here for discussion.

Yeah there is no upgrade trying to get done here. It's just the issue with the databooks and author statements like they should get added or not. It's also to determine like how accurate it would be.

Temari can blow away the universe is mistranslation

right translation is

Temari (ÒâåÒâ×Òâ¬)
Heading: Everything blown away by an extreme whirlwind!
By holding her folding fan, she can create a sudden gust of wind. Blocking the way of her opponents and ridding of them. Towards other people, when it comes to touching (as in fight contact/experience), she is talented woman during fierce battles.**With Shikamaru, heading towards/discovering the nature of the founding of the next era, they decided in making new, shared/joint Shinobi borders/lands.
Ninja registration number: 53-004
Birthday: 23rd August (20 years old, Virgo)
Height: 165.0 cm Weight: 47.9 kg Blood type: O
Personality: TBA

Personally, just my opinion, but that Lightspeed Attack (databook) from madara shouldnt be regarded as an outlier anymore. Why? For the same reason Trunks is 3-A in super: a new form. Madara had absorbed the shinju (power up) and the duo had just gained Six paths chakra. If we were as strict with super as with naruto, not even Goku would be considered 3-A.

That's just me. Nothing else.

like i said there arnt specifics otherwise i would make a thread on how lightfang should be LS and kaguya star level ect. its just that databooks should be given more credibility in future discussens and not simply be dismissed with out giving more thought and analysis to it. the point im making is yes there could be major outliers or hyperboles but to know that you would need to understand the context and we dont do that we just simply dismiss ity because of one or two inconsistent statements?,there could be genuine feat in a databook that's supported by the manga and canon sources but it will get ignored because of our feelings over the databook as a whole.

Shadowbokunohero said:
many fictional verse jump double or triple tiers due feats performed by certain characters that have never been performed in the verse before.
magi jump from tier 7 to 2

@Dzhindzholia

I never said anyone was trying to upgrade anyone I was saying that as an example why we don't take WoG statements

@Shadow

1 the city busters of them should be planet level because they are in aww at how he destroyed said planet and struggle to destroy a city, the planet buster is not planet level because on multiple occasions he is unable to overpower said city busters who struggle to blow up a city and he only has that one feat of busting a planet with nothing else backing it up.

2. If you have a problem with Star wars scaling make a thread about it. If Star wars statements are true most of the time and there is nothing contradicting it then its fine.

I don't know much about the Star Wars verse though

Davidsteel1 said:
Here it's the opposite, the authors statements are considered only opinions once his/her story is released. Calcs and feats take precedence over anything and everything else
not for all verse

but for OPM authors statements >Calcs and feats

@LordGriffin. im pretty confused now, i believe i was being a bit vague in my previous post.

Character A performs Planet busting Feat

other characters are city Level

Character A cant be upgraded because nowhere in the series until this point has there been planet busting and the others are city level. "outlier"

@Omimi pls explain to me y for any reason OPM should be different? It's just another franchise like every other one here

plz dont derail the thread guys , i dont want it to be closed due to some flame war with OPM and what not

Shadowbokunohero said:
even though Character A is God tier
Pretty sure that if character A is a God tier he'd be upgraded. Yhwach got that treatment.

The point Griffin is trying to make is, if character A has a city busting feat but struggles with city level characters it becomes 1 of 2 things an outlier for the city busters or an outlier for the Character A

yeah but if he didnt struggle with the city level characters then why wouldnt there be reason to upgrade him.

Well Character A would struggle since their opponent is on the same level as well so that's pretty reasonable. An outlier would like if Character A manages to destroy a city but gets struggled or defeat by a Town level character. Now that would be pretty ridicilous lol.

it cant be outlier for either, city level characters didn't harm him hence they stay city level and he becomes planetary because he performed the feat and was shown to be superior to everyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back