• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto/Boruto General dattebayo thread #50

No one even said that it grants every rinnegan user that ability.

It's just something that was said in the anime that was all and since we are discussing the anime, it's hard to ignore this.

AstralKing7 said:
I guess Minato can travel through time as well jsut like sasukeƒÿÉ.
Really? When has Minato ever been able to cross dimensions let alone through space and time?

It's like you want to ignore what the anime says because you yourself don't like the idea of Sasuke being able to do that. I bet if it was Naruto you would be completely fine with it.

To me I don't care either way, I'm only going by what the anime said instead of trying to ignore it.

No one is trying to ignore anything...

It may have been brought up in the anime but unless Sasuke performs the ability it isn't a feat of his.

The only thing Sasuke has shown to be able to do with his Rinnegan in regards to time/space manipulation is teleport himself or objects and switch their places in space.

He cannot time travel. Unless he performs the ability.

No one is saying we should add it though.

We aren't discussing his profile just the future plot of this arc and how they could possibily go back to the future. This is all speculation since we are talking about things that has yet to happen.

Sasuke may or may not be able to travel through time but as far as I am aware nor can the Otsutsuki can. Urashiki can only travel back 7 seconds in time using his rinnegan which is how he can see the future.

Urashiki used Karasuki to travel this far back in time. So it's actually most likely Karasuki will be used again to get them all back to the future.

By the way why does Sasuke have all the rinnegan abilties on his profile, I mean the ones that Pain could use?

Urahsiki can travel to the future dude. The problem here with this discussion about speculation is the fact that u are ignoring what's literally stated in the anime and other context.

U literally said he can only travel beach several secondsƒºÉƒñªÔÇìÔÖé´©Å. It was literally stated he travels to the future then he can travel back several seconds.

Also minatos ability is space time ninjitsu just like Sasukes rinnegan is stated to be

Sasuke has all of the rinnegan abilities because he has showcased most of them that's why.

I'll rewatch it and see. Maybe I missed something.

It's Amenotejikara that is similar. As far as we know Amenotejikara and his travelling of dimensions are two seperate rinnegan abilties.

Sasuke has only ever used the Deva path and the Preta path, meaning there are 5 paths he has yet to use, human, asura, outer, animal and the naraka path. Two out of seven is not Sasuke using all rinngan abilties.

• edit nope didn't miss a thing. I'm seriously wondering if you've actually watched the anime or not.

Nyxus123 said:
Actually Sasuke can too, at least according to the anime canon anyway. It was mentioned in episode 52 of the anime that Sasuke using his rinnegan can travel through both time and space. So if the anime sticks to their own canon then Sasuke when he has his chakra back should be able to take them back home.
In Naruto every teleportation ninjutsu is described as a space-time technique. Sasuke does not have the power to travel in time, because his ability to manipulate space-time is to teleport to other dimensions or change the place of objects.

You are thinking of Amenotejikara.

When he travels through portals he does not switch himself with anything or change the place of objects, that's Amenotejikara.

Sasuke has two space-time Ninjutsu, Amenotejikara and another one that allows him to creat portals and travel through different dimensions. The latter has never been named.

I did not indicate anything about Amenotejikara.

The manipulation of space-time of Sasuke is only to teleport to other dimensions or change places the objects.

• The black portal like a wormhole (similar to Yomotsu Hirakasa) that it uses to travel to other dimensions.
  • The Amenotejikara that it uses to change the place of objects.
These are Sasuke's only techniques for manipulating space and time, and none gives him the ability to travel in time.

In Naruto every teleportation ninjutsu is described as space and time techniques, even the Yomotsu Hirakasa is described as the progenitor of all space-time ninjutsu. Minato cannot travel in time just because he uses a space-time ninjutsu, Kaguya and Obito also cannot travel in time just because they use a space and time ninjutsu (Yomotsu Hirakasa and Kamui).

We are only discussing his ability to create portals not to teleport using Amenotejikara though. At least I was anyway.

I was also only referring to what the anime has said not what has been shown. I'm going to break it down.

Has has Sasuke ever travelled back in time using his ability to travel through dimensions?

No

Has it been said that Sasuke can time travel?

Yes, in the anime. Episode 52.

Does this mean he can time travel though?

No, it just means there's a possibility at least in the anime.

Is it possible for Sasuke to bring himself and Boruto back to the future?

Again It's a possibility based on episode 52 of the anime.

Do I think Sasuke can travel back in time in general though (like in the manga or actual canon)?

No, if he can travel through time it will be an anime only thing and should be ignored, unless it's also shown in the manga or the novels as well which I don't think it will be.

By the way I'm not saying he can or that he can't only that there's a possibility of it in the anime. That is all. I for one hope he can't because I'm not too keen on characters who can travel back into the past or future unless there's a massive handicap to it or they can only do it so many times.

In the anime and manga it was never described that Sasuke can travel through time to the past or future, because in the anime only his ability to travel to other dimensions is described.

In the comic, manga, anime, novel, etc. the power to teleport to other places or dimensions is described as an ability to manipulate space and time or travel through space and time. A good example is Saint Seiya, where it is described that Mu and Shaka can travel through space and time, but these characters cannot travel to the past or future and their only ability to manipulate space and time is to teleport and travel to other dimensions

Yes it was. It was in episode 52 at 18:29.

Konohamaru: He can travel through time and space with the power of his rinnegan.

This is the only time it was mentioned and since it wasn't said by Sasuke himself this can be largely ignored.

We are only talking possibilites here not what has been shown.

I don't think anyone has actually read what I have actually said because I'm having to repeat myself many times.

Possibilties =/= facts.

Konohamaruo only describes the ability of Sasuke to teleport (the power of Sasuke to travel to other dimensions or change the place of objects).

As I explained, teleportation in the fiction can be described as a power to manipulate space and time or the power to travel through time and space, but this does not indicate that the character has the power to travel to the past or future. That is why all teleport ninjutsus in Naruto are described as space-time techniques.

No he doesn't. I have literally just rewatched that episode and he doesn't mention anything about teleportation.

He only says what I said above.

Konohamaru: He can travel through time and space with the power of his rinnegan. (Episode 52-18:29)

No mention of teleportation and he only says that he can do it with the power of his rinnegan, again nothing to suggest he was referring to hs teleportation jutsu.

The teleportation in the fiction (manga, anime, etc.) can be described as the power to travel through space and time. A good example is Saint Seiya with the power to travel through space and time of Mu and Shaka.

Konohamaru only describes the power of Sasuke to teleport to other dimensions or change the place of objects.

The tleportation in Naruto is a power to travel through space and time, that's why all teleportation ninjutsus are described as space and time techniques.

No Konohamaru doesn't.

Show me where Konohamaru mentions his ability to teleport.

He's not referring to that he's referring to his ability to be able to travel through dimensions by creating the portals.

Sasuke's teleportation techinque is NOT the same as his ability to travel through dimensions, the two are two seperate abilities that come from the use of his rinnegan.

In the fiction the teleportation can be described as the power to travel through space and time. This is easy to understand, even place theexample of another manga or anime where the author also describes teleportation as travel through space and time.

Konohamaru describes the power to travel through space and time, the only manipulation of space and time of Sasuke is to travel to other dimensions or change the place of objects (these are Sasuke's space-time teleportation jutsus).

Even the Hiraishin is described as space and time teleportation in Naruto, but Minato does not travel in time or teleport in time to the past or future.

Yes, I already know all of this already.

I know that teleportation techniques are all called Space-Time ninjutsu.

I know that Sasuke only has two space-time abilities, none of which is time travel.

I know that Minato's and Tobirama's techiques were both called Space-Time Ninjutsu.

I know all of this.

All I was doing is stating a small possibility on what konohamaru said. I never realized that it would cause all of this. It's like you can't discuss anything on here.

Anyway there's no point in discussing it any further.

But I still want to know why Sasuke has all rinnegan abilities on his profile though.

because he has a base rinnegan that can become an evovled one, if he showcased two of the paths why would he randomlu be missing the others?

I wish Sasuke would use his rinnegan more though, he's been completely useless this arc. I don't even know why he's even in this arc. It's clear that he didn't need to be.

No I said that Konohamaru mentioned it that way. I also said, if you actually bothered to read what I actually wrote, that I don't believe Sasuke can do that and that if he can it will be ANIME ONLY and should be IGNORED.

I never said Sasuke could time travel, in fact again I made that perfectly clear.

So what am I wrong about? Me suggesting the possibility? A possibility is neither wrong nor right. It's just a possibiliy, a speculation.

It's just me speculating what the anime could do, which if they chose to could go down the route of Sasuke being able to travel through time,they can. Again this is only SPECULATION and something I don't think will happen.

Sasuke still hasn't use those four rinnegan abilites so how do you know he has them?

Nyxus123 said:
No I said that Konohamaru mentioned it that way. I also said, if you actually bothered to read what I actually wrote, that I don't believe Sasuke can do that and that if he can it will be ANIME ONLY and should be IGNORED.
I never said Sasuke could time travel, in fact again I made that perfectly clear.

So what am I wrong about? Me suggesting the possibility? A possibility is neither wrong nor right. It's just a possibiliy, a speculation.

It's just me speculating what the anime could do, which if they chose to could go down the route of Sasuke being able to travel through time,they can. Again this is only SPECULATION and something I don't think will happen.

Sasuke still hasn't use those four rinnegan abilites so how do you know he has them?
Konohamaru never describes that Sasuke can travel to the past or the future. He only describes a jutsu of space and time as teleportation. Boruto's anime is canon, therefore, Sasuke's skills or techniques in anime are canon. But the anime never describe that Sasuke has the power to travel in space and time to the future or past.

Because in the manga and databook the author describes that the Rinnegan grants six basic skills to the user and we know what the powers of this eye are..

The anime is not canon. The anime is never canon. It's an adaption and at most maybe semi-canon but full on canon? No.

Again I was only Speculating. I know how it all works so you don't have to keep repeating yourself like 50 times.

I already said Sasuke was usless this arc and that he shouldn't be in it. Isn't that enough for you?

Nyxus123 said:
The anime is not canon. The anime is never canon. It's an adaption and at most maybe semi-canon but full on canon? No.

Again I was only Speculating. I know how it all works so you don't have to keep repeating yourself like 50 times.

I already said Sasuke was usless this arc and that he shouldn't be in it. Isn't that enough for you?

No u actually don't know how it work. We accept the anime as canon with some arcs not being canon because they aren't referred to in the manga so we treat those as supporting and secondary canon because Kodachi is the show runner of the anime

You can imagine Alternatives timeline kid Naruto defeated Urashiki then AT kid Naruto get Karma is far stronger than OT kid Naruto are neither canon or non-canon since when AT Hokage Naruto arrived his counterpart of OT Hokage Naruto Prepare for battle.

AT Naruto and OT Naruto quickly punch at each other are not equally unlike X. Goku and OT Goku SSB are eqauly by director but you pick AT Naruto Karma + SPSM is far stronger over OT Naruto SPSM :)

Guys, we need to give all of the Biju Immortality type 1 and 3. Type 1 because they are chakra constructs and can't die of old age, and 3 because after their jinchuriki dies, their chakra reforms into their bodies.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Guys, we need to give all of the Biju Immortality type 1 and 3. Type 1 because they are chakra constructs and can't die of old age, and 3 because after their jinchuriki dies, their chakra reforms into their bodies.
and what about kaguya? shes the Biju (tentails) itself

DragonEmperor23 said:
Resurrection is type 4 immortality. Type 3 requires a high healing factor that allows recovery from fatal injuries like getting stabbed through the head or having the heart destroyed.

Also, more salt:

How scenes get animated

Sasuke vs Urashiki, expectations vs reality

Back