• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Would an anime Naruto profile have different statistics and abilities than the manga version?

Yes. He would have more abilities/resistances, AP, and speed upgrades, and two new forms, possibly more, but I would have to check.

Okay. I am personally neutral. It depends on what other staff members think.

Going from what I've read wouldn't it be better to have a Boruto Era profiles that differ?

Like how Dragonball Super has both it's manga and Anime, considering both the anime and Manga are canon for Boruto but they differ from a story standpoint and a powerscaling one.

Dragonball Z's filler literally alters the main story in the manga while Shippuden just changes the scaling and adds filler, not a fair comparision

Another question I've had, do we consider backstories which are anime only to be non-canon...like Kaguya's?

@TC

We are only talking about a possible anime profile now.

@YM

Probably, yes, unless they have been confirmed elsewhere.

I did say an anime-only file is alright. A composite file shall ever be a "no". I'm with Shadow. Anime-only Naruto can only be a thing if Bortuo related material relies on the anime. Toei Dragonball is only acceptable because it is its own continuity with its own scaling (see the movies that are directly referenced and movie enemies make later appearances in the anime) and that the DB anime's continuity is continued in GT. That is the only reason it is acceptable and fits our alternative canon guidelines.

If the Naruto anime bears no weight on Boruto, it should not be allowed. The movies aren't canon to even the anime so it's not it's own continuity. I hope you understand my meaning here. There is a big difference between the DB anime in that regard.

The Naruto manga leads to the Boruto anime/manga

The anime and manga of Boruto might be able to have their own profiles though

We should wait for more information regarding the Boruto anime right now. We're accepting it and the light novels as supporting canon to the manga

I never questioned GT having a profile. I questioned Goku having a DBS Anime and Manga profile when the manga profile is just a retelling of the anime with a new arc currently being made. The Naruto anime flows into the Boruto anime, just like Naruto manga flows into the Boruto manga. Anime Naruo is quite different from manga Naruto.

While there are small differences in the anime, like Kakashi randomly creating a storm to scare Team 7 after they give food to Naruto, I doubt the differences are large enough to make a whole new profile on it.

FloweryAlex said:
While there are small differences in the anime, like Kakashi randomly creating a storm to scare Team 7 after they give food to Naruto, I doubt the differences are large enough to make a whole new profile on it.
Have you ever watched any of the filler? Because there's enough material in the power arc to make a new profile.

The filler literally isn't even canon to the anime though afaik

It's never mentioned at any point after the filler arc

Wrath Of Itachi said:
Have you ever watched any of the filler? Because there's enough material in the power arc to make a new profile.
Beyond the fact that I am 99% sure most, or at least a good portion of it is selfcontradicted in the anime itself, how much of the filler actually changes stuff.

The filler didn't stick to me that much to be honest, but I think the difference in abilities isn't exactly large since I remember having a problem with most of them ending in essentially "clone spam=+rasengan gg".

If it had a lot of new abilities, sure, but the only thing that comes to mind is Naruto throwing his rasengan.

Just from 6 episodes naruto has two new forms and the ability to use a mini bijudama. I would look through all of the filler episodes, but that would take quite a lot of time. And if this gets rejected, I would rather not have wasted that time.

Eh, I'll make a list of some of the stuff I see.

Tough I'll go through all the anime, since there are minor differences like the afromentioned storm, Naruto running from chunin after painting the hokage monument, etc.

You know what, I just realized I don't have the time to watch all of Naruto, and read the manga at once. Maybe Flowery can help with the non-filler episode extra stuff.

Still, I'll watch the plain filler, and here's what I found in normal episodes:

Naruto jumps and runs from Chunin in episode 1

Stealth Mastery, uses a wall blanket to hide from detection in episode 1 (1:30)

Kakashi makes a storm just to scare Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke when they feed the former.

Kakashi blows away mist through sheer killing intent in episode 7 (16:19)

Said KI made sasuke consider (as in, grab his kunai, ready to stab himself) taking his own life instead of getting involved.

Just a footnote, but people can talk underwater apparently. Kakashi does it both in tha manga and the anime.

Sasuke gets over his far and actually attack Zabuza right after Naruto got kicked.

The storm Kakashi created was calced by someone in other wiki and the result was Low 6-B IIRC. So that's a difference.

Calaca Vs said:
The storm Kakashi created was calced by someone in other wiki and the result was Low 6-B IIRC. So that's a difference.
Strangely enough that gets redone to match the manga more in a flashback episode in Shippuden.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
There's actually a big number of liberties the anime took in a number of areas.
For the easiest thing to notice, just look for any video of Frieza's full fight with Goku and then watch the fight in manga.

There was a lot of extra fight added in there.
naruto vs sauke

pain vs kn4 etc also same

@wrath well, as far as i can tell, literally everything on this wiki is based off of fiction. an anime version would be non canon version of something that isnt even real. u could consider it the movie versions of the real life bruce lee.. real bruce lee= canon naruto, movie lee= anime canon. see what i mean?

Yeah she can pass her chakra into the body through attacks. It even goes through chakra cloaks. That's the only thing that needs to be added.

Back