• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
To be honest, I'm not sure Toei goku himself really fits that too much. And... one of the exemples of characters not allowed is xeno goku...

Ah well. I'll binge more stuff tonight, but as of now Naruto has some extra stamina feats only (up to when he learns to summon Gamabunta, which his profile should totally mention).

Kakashi's killing intent nearly made Sasuke kill himself tough, so that's a thing.

For the last time, Toei Goku and Xeno Goku follow our alternative canon guidelines. Why must these discussions, no matter the topic, be reduced to people that clearly explained their viewpoint forcibly having to repeat themselves ad nauseam? Naruto is nowhere near similar to Dragon Ball in canon. The latter is far more extensive, with branching continuities, a larger multiverse, etc. Bringing up Dragon Ball in this discussion is becoming fallacious at this point.

I don't know if you're reading my posts or not, but I'm not talking about toei or xeno goku. I'm talking about DBS goku having a manga and anime profile when there is really no difference between the two.

Wrath Of Itachi said:
I don't know if you're reading my posts or not, but I'm not talking about toei or xeno goku. I'm talking about DBS goku having a manga and anime profile when there is really no difference between the two.
The manga and anime handle arcs differently. For example the black arc. The manga doesn't have rage trunks and infinite zamasu is different. The anime he consumes all of trunks timeline, whereas in the manga he just duplicates every time from his pieced of flesh. Also in the anime ssj rose is just ssj whereas in the manga it's made out to be ssjb.

Also the tournament of power is drastically different with Gohan equalling kefla in the manga and berserk kale basically one shotting aniraza

Wrath Of Itachi said:
She's referring to Ricsi saying Xeno and Toei Goku are supposedly not different enough. And Power has explained why DBS Manga Goku is a thing.

Wrath Of Itachi said:
That's not that big of a difference, the naruto anime does somewhat of the same thing. There are power scaling differences as well, new forms, and new powers and resistances.
Difference is the Naruto anime doesn't recognize most filler as apart of the story and barely anything in canon events are drastically changed to massively affect the story. And anything that is different from the manga even slightly (like Kakashi making a Storm post bell stealing drill) is retconned into matching the manga in later flashback episodes. There are no mention or reference to Filler events that do affect the scaling like the Legend of The Stone of Gelel Movie or Power Arc and no mention of non canon characters like Sora, The Naruto Clone, Amaru, or Sara. For example, Naruto in the Power Arc, knows that Itachi and Nagato are Edo Tensei as he and Team 7 had been shown several, yet when he meets them in the war, he acts as if he didn't know they were Edos. Quite literally the only 2 Filler Arcs that are considered to have happened is The Six and Three Tailed Arcs that ultimately only result in Naruto knowing Utakata and Isobu

Manga DBS

• Goku never used SSBKK, something that was pivotal to him in later fights.

• Goku and Vegeta use a "Mastered State" of SSB

• SS Ikari is never a thing, Trunks only knows SSJ2 and is subsequently much weaker.

• Due to being a Kai apprentice, Trunks has healing abilities

• Goku knows the Hakai

• Goku uses U.I. Twice and can seemingly activate it at will but even shorter than the anime.

• Goku, Frieza, and 17 don't team up to beat Jiren, instead Goku is sent off with Jiren by Frieza.

• Goku Black is much weaker, more tempermental and is using Future Zamasu instead of being totally loyal to one another.

• Fusion Zamasu is much weaker, being able to be matched by a MSSB Goku and be stomped by Vegito

• Infinite Zamasu is not a Expanding Entinity, but a seemingly never ending army of Clones akin to Meta Cooler

• And currently the Moro Arc

Anime DBS

• Goku has SSBKK and no knowledge of MSSB

• Goku enters U.I. Omen before U.I.

• Goku has a rematch with Hit

• Baseball Episode

• Goku fights and defeats Copy Vegeta

• Fusion Zamasu is only momentarily overpowered by the Saiyan Trio before becoming even and matching Vegito, etc.

Anime DB

• Gohan's Hidden Potential is 1st noticed while Goku, Chichi and him are going for a stroll in the Park

• Dead Zone is canon

• Gohan tries to escape piccolo multiple times

• Gohan grows his tail back after piccolo cuts it off and Goku's old pod creates a fake moon to allow him to turn great ape again

• Goku meets Princess Snake

• Goku falls off Snake Way into Hell and has to start over

• The Humans fight fake Saiyans to prepare for Vegeta and Nappa

• Vegeta and Nappa visit (and blow up) Aria

• World's Strongest, Lord Slug, and Tree of Might are all canon

• Krillin, Bulma, and Gohan run into Fake Namekians and Refugees from planets Frieza blew up on their way to Namek.

Etc.

When Naruto meet the tailed beasts. The 6 tails already told Naruto he knew his name which is why he didn't tell him his name like everyone else. That's from the arc where Naruto meet them and where Pain defeated the 6 tails

That whole arc should be considered canon to the manga but for some reason this site doesn't consider it

Another reason why threads like this are made

The DBS Manga and DBS Anime are also both vastly different; this includes altered abilities, plot lines, showings of power. In which the Manga also has even more PIS; aka Master Roshi Vs Jiren. Naruto between Anime and Manga have very few differences with fight scenes basically having most of the same execution and fairly same demonstrations of power. Anime of Naruto does have some added fillers being included in the canon of the Anime, but they don't really effect anyone's PL's and abilities or personalities.

altered abilities, plot lines, showings of power

naruto loss to none excluding plot lines probably

what is PL's abilities ?

k

anime kaguya with etsb 4-B

and naruto speed ls to ftl

but has higher Power Levels and abilities and some plot change e.g obito fought kaguya

Power Levels and speed in game and anime much higher

to find more

we need some one find it

naruto wiki has more Differences compare to dbs what hst post lol

https://naruto.fandom.com/wiki/Anime-Manga_Differences

i didn't copy-past whole things here cuz its huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge

go there read from Plot and Content Changes

I don't agree with DBS manga Goku tbh. And I still am not seeing how the Naruto anime qualifies here.

Having some differences from the original/source material and having that material be recognized as canon to itself does not qualify to be treated as a separate continuity. (First of all it's a misuse of the term "canon" anyway. However, that itself is another issue entirely.)

AstralKing7 said:
When Naruto meet the tailed beasts. The 6 tails already told Naruto he knew his name which is why he didn't tell him his name like everyone else. That's from the arc where Naruto meet them and where Pain defeated the 6 tails

That whole arc should be considered canon to the manga but for some reason this site doesn't consider it

Another reason why threads like this are made
I already said that the only arcs that are actually confirmed to happen is the Six and Three Tails arcs. And He didn't know Saiken's, Isobu, or Yagura's name, just Utakata who told him his name anyway.

@Sigurd

Code:
oh yeah, oof.
@Omimi

No it doesn't. A wide majority of those differences on that list are either censorship or errors like characters showing up slightly earlier or using the wrong weapon. Heck one of the "differences" is Obito blocking something with his left arm instead of his right. The DBS differences I posted are way more critical and since i don't wanna be here all day, didn't post them all.

That arc being canon to the manga would cause hell. And if it's canon to the anime then we should have had a canon anime profile a while back

AstralKing7 said:
That arc being canon to the manga would cause hell. And if it's canon to the anime then we should have had a canon anime profile a while back
I don't mean the arc. I mean the group. Kazuma is otherwise never mentioned and Sora isn't either, in fact they make sure the story is ultimately self contained by having Sora's Nine Tails Chakra find another host(I.E. it just goes back to Naruto and he goes about his day).

Again, "canon to the anime" doesn't really mean it gets a file. Filler characters surely should be allowed for the same reason movie characters should (they are exclusive), but Naruto himself, as well as all the other original manga characters shouldn't because the only difference is AP and abilities. The anime isn't it's own continuity, it's literally the manga + extra. It's even tertiary canon by our standards which means it's definitely not it's own continuity, but is tertiary to the manga's continuity.

@hst i clearly said

read from Plot and Content Changes

so i dont know why are u even mentioning censorship or errors

they are still differences and u are nitpicking too much

naruto anime has more then what u post about dbs that's a fact

and not all of the differences is small as u said

if naruto does not get anime profile

then dbs manga profile has to go

otherwise it will be double standard

@Omimi

Where did you think I got the Obito and slightly earlier introductions example from? For pete's sake on of the "plot" changes listed is Sasuke sitting inside when Naruto is about to jump him instead of outside and Tsunade being handed a letter about Gaara instead of being told. And I see you just ignored what I said at the end about the DBS Manga. And The Boruto Anime is used already in conjunction with the Manga.

@hst

and not all of the differences is small as u said

i was trying to say that not all of them is minor differences like obito's

I don't mean the arc. I mean the group. Kazuma is otherwise never mentioned and Sora isn't either, in fact they make sure the story is ultimately self contained by having Sora's Nine Tails Chakra find another host(I.E. it just goes back to Naruto and he goes about his day).

I meant the arc is canon to the anime. That's what I meant the whole time.

And I said the Arc isn't Canon, but the group is.

@Omimi

Literally almost all of those differences on that are that small. Quite literally the only notable ones are

• Naruto knowing Utakata and Isobu saying they met before

• And the extended Naruto v Sasuke fight.

Omimi said:
@Hst master

u also used filler feats

if we do that db will loose 1000%
I believe literally multiple people have already pointed out the difference and reasoning behind the multiple Goku profiles but hell might as well repeat it again. The difference between Dragon Ball and Naruto is that Dragon Ball has drastic changes to the main plot than Naruto does the main events for the most part are rather untouched(No say, Sora showing up to fight against pain or Reincarnated dead filler characters during the war arc). "But it has Filler!" So? The Filler literally 98% of the time Isn't acknowledged by the anime as apart of the story, the characters will sit there and act like it never happened. You forget that this stuff has to be proven canon, it doesn't just get a golden pass because "it's in the anime or movie gg". And no, 2 Arcs that are mostly inconsequential being canon doesn't cut it either, as it's literally just Naruto who knows Utakata's name earlier.

Sera~"Again, "canon to the anime" doesn't really mean it gets a file. Filler characters surely should be allowed for the same reason movie characters should (they are exclusive), but Naruto himself, as well as all the other original manga characters shouldn't because the only difference is AP and abilities. The anime isn't it's own continuity, it's literally the manga + extra. It's even tertiary canon by our standards which means it's definitely not it's own continuity, but is tertiary to the manga's continuity."

As Sera has already said, being more stronk and having slightly more abilities(In other words a co-op jutsu with Gamatatsu and Gamakichi) isn't enough. It's ad nauseam at this point to keep trying to find a way to either Upgrade Naruto or Downgrade DB if you don't get your way.

Back