• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Ability Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been asked to comment here again, but the only thing I can say is that I'm neutral about this.

Nobody else in the manga noted Naruto being particularly effective against Edo Tensei because of some unique power that he has or that Kurama has. By itself, Kabuto's statement is a bit strange.

The current non-official scan on his profile suggests that it is to do with raw might / power. But that could be an incorrect wording.

This current wording on the profile seems fine to me for what it is, even if the feat as a whole doesn't make sense. Maybe a note could be added to the profile that this is for a jutsu-based regeneration and he's not negating biological regeneration.
Biological regeneration is irrelevant to Low-Godly regn.

Naruto didn't Change Edo Tensei Regeneration to another ability, He just Slowing The Regeneration.
You don’t have to change an ability to get power modification, interfering with it is enough. To me you can’t have a limit to nullifying something because it’s like a state of 0 or 1, it’s either nullified or it isn’t.

You don’t have to change an ability to get power modification, interfering with it is enough. To me you can’t have a limit to nullifying something because it’s like a state of 0 or 1, it’s either nullified or it isn’t.
He didn't Interfering the Function of Edo tensei Regeneration, Muu has still Regenerate but Slowly.

Alternatively couldn't this be considered a weakness for Edo Tensei as opposed to a fest for Naruto? It's left pretty vague so I can understand where the OP is coming from.

Alternatively couldn't this be considered a weakness for Edo Tensei as opposed to a fest for Naruto? It's left pretty vague so I can understand where the OP is coming from.

Power has never been shown or stated to slow down Edo Tensei Regeneration in the slightest.

The damage Muu received from Naruto's rasengan was not more severe than any of these, and all of these were caused by superior AP or outright durability negation. There is no argument here for Kabuto's statement about Naruto referring to sheer AP being the cause for the slowed regeneration.

The Molecular stuff is legit but I wouldn't necessarily ride on the AP argument a whole lot. Naruto has a lot higher AP than the people who attacked and damaged the Edo's in the other scans, although if they can regenerate from having atoms and such destroyed (although we never see it happen to the full body.) then AP shouldn't be much of an issue.

However I'd argue this should really only apply to his Planetary Rasangan.

Interfere- prevent (a process or activity) from continuing or being carried out properly.
Interfere mean make Changes on the Proses until the results, Naruto Doesn't He's not Change The Process and the results, Muu still regenerate and heal his body.

He actually doesn't have higher AP than anyone in the examples I mentioned that aren't durability negation. He's either comparable to or inferior to all of them, AP wise.
What characters if you don't mind me asking? I think the only character there that's superior to Naruto is Dragon Kabuto but if the profiles state otherwise I'll concede on that point.

What characters if you don't mind me asking? I think the only character there that's superior to Naruto is Dragon Kabuto but if the profiles state otherwise I'll concede on that point.
Well, thankfully I didn't mention a whole lot of examples, so I'll just explain each one to you briefly for clarity.
I mentioned Madara's meteor, which is High 6-C+, as opposed to KCM Naruto's High 7-A. That's an obvious example of higher AP. Madara and Muu (both also at High 7-A) were obliterated by the meteor, and regenerated their entire bodies very quickly.
You already agree with Kabuto being on par with KCM (which makes sense because he scales to Itachi, who scales to Naruto), so we're Gucci on this point.
Jinton is obviously Matter hax, so no clarification needed.
Nagato regenerated his arm from getting destroyed by Amaterasu, which is currently accepted as limited durability negation. If you want to put it's capabilities into AP terms, though, then it'll probably be around 6-C to even 6-A+ depending on how we scale it. In any case, it's far above Nagato no matter how we slice it, and Nagato is stronger than Naruto.

There's more examples, but I think you get the idea now. I hope that helps.

Power Modification is the ability to alter, interfere with, or modify other powers.”

Fits the bill better to me. Nullification and reduction aren’t similar. Neutral with the feat itself.

I also agree with Damage’s suggestion “
Maybe a note could be added to the profile that this is for a jutsu-based regeneration and he's not negating biological regeneration.”
Bump

A Naruto downgrade? Oh boy this may get messy, I 100% agree too(even if I'm wrong, I'm being biased)

I disagree.

A simple jump in AP can't slow down Edo Regen. It's fairly obvious Kurama's chaora's nature and not power was the cause of it.

Well, thankfully I didn't mention a whole lot of examples, so I'll just explain each one to you briefly for clarity.
I mentioned Madara's meteor, which is High 6-C+, as opposed to KCM Naruto's High 7-A. That's an obvious example of higher AP. Madara and Muu (both also at High 7-A) were obliterated by the meteor, and regenerated their entire bodies very quickly.
You already agree with Kabuto being on par with KCM (which makes sense because he scales to Itachi, who scales to Naruto), so we're Gucci on this point.
Jinton is obviously Matter hax, so no clarification needed.
Nagato regenerated his arm from getting destroyed by Amaterasu, which is currently accepted as limited durability negation. If you want to put it's capabilities into AP terms, though, then it'll probably be around 6-C to even 6-A+ depending on how we scale it. In any case, it's far above Nagato no matter how we slice it, and Nagato is stronger than Naruto.

There's more examples, but I think you get the idea now. I hope that helps.

Amatersu also being duraneg is a meme. Also nagato is special case as he can absorb ninjutsu.

I disagree with it not applying, he does slow the regeneration and at no other point is raw power/level of damage relevant to Edo regen. And, "power" isn't only might, it is the synonym of ability as well for a reason.

As for changing the name of the power... Why?

The power titles like fire manipulation are there to give a general idea of what a character can do. If it's explained why its considered literally a few words after, then there is no reason to change it. It's not like regeneration negation is some far-off, unrelated power to slowing down regeneration. Just leave it be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back