• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Ability Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limited Regeneration Negation (Up to Low-Godly; Kabuto stated that it would take time for Muu to regenerate from Naruto's attack due to the new power he acquired)

Scan "Although given that power of Naruto's... It's going to take time for him to regenerate, even with an edo tensei body."

This has happened one time with a jutsu he used one time in Part 2 and once during The Last where it was used to stalemates Toneri's jutsu. People are going to say "Naruto has regen neg" in vs battles, when in reality its based on a jutsu that he's only ever used twice, and nobody can explain the mechanics of.

Power Modification is the ability to alter, interfere with, or modify other powers.”

Fits the bill better to me. Nullification and reduction aren’t similar. Neutral with the feat itself.

I also agree with Damage’s suggestion “Maybe a note could be added to the profile that this is for a jutsu-based regeneration and he's not negating biological regeneration.”

Last edited:
There's no comparison. Naruto's Rasen-shuriken didn't hit the Raikage "hard". The Raikage is "impenetrable" with this armor, so much so that Naruto asks 8 Tails how he managed to hit the Raikage. You're ignoring the fact that the armor makes the Raikage more protected than the Mū.

Scan

The Rasen-shuriken had no effect on the Raikage due to his armor. It's clear you didn't hit him on the nail. The ninjas make it clear that he is "impenetrable", so much so that soon after Naruto has to 8 tails as he hurt the Raikage. It doesn't make sense to take it away when the Rasen-shuriken didn't hit the nail on the head. A proof of this is against Madara Edo Tensei. Naruto's Rasen-shuriken created an opening for Hashirama, this only proves that it has effects.

Scan
He didn't blow his body in half, but he did cause damage that raikage did immediately heal from. He didn't damage Madara either, Hashirama just negated his rinnegan absorption. Lightning armor is just more words for durability...which proves my point that it was because of the power advantage Naruto had over Mu.

He didn't blow his body in half, but he did cause damage that raikage did immediately heal from. He didn't damage Madara either, Hashirama just negated his rinnegan absorption. Lightning armor is just more words for durability...which proves my point that it was because of the power advantage Naruto had over Mu.
Power has nothing to due with it considering Madara's Tengai Shinsei is rated at High 6-C and Madara and Mu both regenerated from their bodies being completely destroyed.

Except Kabuto makes it an issue about his power. If all the people he fought that were comparable to him or stronger did not have any issues healing, then clearly it's not because his regular rasengan has special properties...otherwise durability doesn't matter if they don't have hax resistance. Also the calc link for tengai shinsei shows all crossed out calculations.

Except Kabuto makes it an issue about his power. If all the people he fought that were comparable to him or stronger did not have any issues healing, then clearly it's not because his regular rasengan has special properties. Also the calc link for tengai shinsei shows all crossed out calculations.
"Power" can refer to more than just AP, and considering this is Naruto's first appearance in his new mode, it makes far more sense that Kabuto is referring to is chakra mode rather and his Rasengans AP.

Personally, it's never made sense to me to assume that Naruto's / Nine-Tail's chakra has some kind of effect that prohibits the Edo Tensei regeneration which is definitely not normal biological regeneration.

Edo Hokages regenerated from Juubito's attacks a lot of times, 6-A+ vs a bunch of Tier 7 characters. I disagree with the removal.
I'm confused....that means there's no regeneration negation which is what I'm saying?
Personally, it's never made sense to me to assume that Naruto's / Nine-Tail's chakra has some kind of effect that prohibits the Edo Tensei regeneration which is definitely not normal biological regeneration.
If that was the case, Nagato shouldn't have regenerated from Itachi damaging him since he absorbed Naruto's chakra/rasengan. You're right on that account.

I'm confused....that means there's no regeneration negation which is what I'm saying?
Pay more attention. I'm saying that power gap is your headcanon and you can't prove that. Edo Tensei characters can regenerate from attacks much higher than their own durability, for example, the Juubito one and the Tengai Shinsei stuff. KCM Naruto isn't that far from Mu to call a "power gap".

I don't know if you forgot, but hitting the opponent "right" is essential for the damage that Rasen-shuriken proposes. If just touching was enough, Minato would take severe damage from getting caught by Naruto and Sasuke's Rasen-shuriken + Enton (if only momentarily).

I'll leave these scans here to heal your memory. The effect of Rasenshuriken:

Scans

I heavily disagree with this.
Power has never been shown or stated to slow down Edo Tensei Regeneration in the slightest.

The damage Muu received from Naruto's rasengan was not more severe than any of these, and all of these were caused by superior AP or outright durability negation. There is no argument here for Kabuto's statement about Naruto referring to sheer AP being the cause for the slowed regeneration.

As for the Third Raikage, he outright tanked the Rasenshuriken. It's been stated repeatedly that the Rasenshuriken failed to affect or damage him, save for neutralizing his Raiton Armor and some visible cracks, due to his insane durability. Heck, the chapter is literally called "The Rasenshuriken Limit!!" for God's sake.
For the record, even these minor cracks did not heal immediately after he's been hit with the FRS, and took a while until Kishimoto opted not to show them at all. Though he's been inconsistent with portraying the cracks in general for most Edo Tensei tbh.

Last edited:
Pay more attention. I'm saying that power gap is your headcanon and you can't prove that. Edo Tensei characters can regenerate from attacks much higher than their own durability, for example, the Juubito one and the Tengai Shinsei stuff. KCM Naruto isn't that far from Mu to call a "power gap".
Based on our profiles, there is a power gap between the two that Naruto is leading. Yall keep saying "because they've survived stronger attacks than what Naruto has shown, that means Naruto has regeneration negation", which is an argument from ignorance, because you're stating that your conclusion is true primarily based on the lack of evidence to the contrary.

I heavily disagree with this.
Power has never been shown or stated to slow down Edo Tensei Regeneration in the slightest.

The damage Muu received from Naruto's rasengan was not more severe than any of these, and all of these were caused by superior AP or outright durability negation. There is no argument here for Kabuto's statement about Naruto referring to sheer AP being the cause for the slowed regeneration.

As for the Third Raikage, he outright tanked the Rasenshuriken. It's been stated repeatedly that the Rasenshuriken failed to affect or damage him, save for neutralizing his Raiton Armor and some visible cracks, due to his insane durability. Heck, the chapter is literally called "The Rasenshuriken Limit!!" for God's sake.
For the record, even these minor cracks did not heal immediately after he's been hit with the FRS, and took a while until Kishimoto opted not to show them at all. Though he's been inconsistent with portraying the cracks in general for most Edo Tensei tbh.
Exactly this. Couldn't have put it better myself.

Based on our profiles, there is a power gap between the two that Naruto is leading. Yall keep saying "because they've survived stronger attacks than what Naruto has shown, that means Naruto has regeneration negation", which is an argument from ignorance, because you're stating that your conclusion is true primarily based on the lack of evidence to the contrary.
It's just too easy to "argue" and waste people's time these days. Everyone in the post arguing, you quote my argument and call it "argument from ignorance", no, it's not. It's an argument, a simple argument that you can't answer. You're based on something, a conclusion you got from reading the manga. I have shown that this conclusion is neither consistent nor true because of the lack of evidence and things that contradict it.

Simple as that. You are wrong.

Again so like I said, you're all using evidence where people survive stronger attacks and their regeneration is fine, but when it comes to Naruto he gains a new ability that is supported only by speculation, not mentioned by the holy databooks, but is instead supported by arguments of ignorance. Lack of evidence for is not evidence for that something...that's why there is a lack of it. You can't magically reach a conclusion through that logic, but I'll let a staff member decide.

Also since he suddenly has regeneration negation via his chakra, how did Nagato heal from being burned to "death" by amaterasu? We saw when he fought pain's path, absorbing his sage chakra affected his system. Absorbing his rasengan should've crippled his ability to regenerate, yet it didn't.

Sage Chakra is different because that's a specific feature of Natural Energy needing to be balanced as it almost happened to Naruto himself because he didn't do it right at first.

Also since he suddenly has regeneration negation via his chakra, how did Nagato heal from being burned to "death" by amaterasu? We saw when he fought pain's path, absorbing his sage chakra affected his system. Absorbing his rasengan should've crippled his ability to regenerate, yet it didn't.
Nagato regenerated from being burned by Amaterasu via Edo Tensei.

Nagato healed his body back to prime via absorbing Chakra from V2 Killer B.

Nagato was uninjured when he absorbed Naruto's Rasengan.

Again so like I said, you're all using evidence where people survive stronger attacks and their regeneration is fine, but when it comes to Naruto he gains a new ability that is supported only by speculation, not mentioned by the holy databooks, but is instead supported by arguments of ignorance.
No, it's supported by a statement, a direct showing, and countless examples showing that it isn't contradicted.
Lack of evidence for is not evidence for that something...that's why there is a lack of it. You can't magically reach a conclusion through that logic, but I'll let a staff member decide.
The ability wasn't given due to "lack of evidence". It was given due to a statement and a showcase. The examples provided were to show that it isn't contradicted, which it isn't.
How would he be affected by something that negs regeneration when he wasn't damaged by it in the first place? He had no need to regenerate, as he suffered no injuries to begin with.

Onoki... oNOkI. ONOKI REGENERATED HIS ENTIRE BODY. IN THE SCAN THAT HE IS LAYING ON THE GROUND WITH HIS MOUTH OPEN
unknown.png

Question... Against Six Paths Madara and Kaguya I don't remember the Rasenshuriken having an effect on their Regen at all. Am I wrong?

Question... Against Six Paths Madara and Kaguya I don't remember the Rasenshuriken having an effect on their Regen at all. Am I wrong?
It did actually. Madara didn't recover until he absorbed the Shinju and becoming an "immortal", and Kaguya didn't regenerate her arm until she went berserk and "reformed" her body from her chakra/unstable form.

How would he be affected by something that negs regeneration when he wasn't damaged by it in the first place? He had no need to regenerate, as he suffered no injuries to begin with.
Adding on to this,

IIRC The Preta Path has two methods of Absorption:

1. Absorbing chakra from an individual through physical contact.

2. Blocking Technique Absorption Seal - capable of absorbing any chakra, regardless of any shape or nature transformation, and dispersing it within one's body by spinning the chakra within one's body in the opposite direction. As a result, this technique can absorb any ninjutsu based technique, rendering it ineffective on the user.

It did actually. Madara didn't recover until he absorbed the Shinju and becoming an "immortal", and Kaguya didn't regenerate her arm until she went berserk and "reformed" her body from her chakra/unstable form.
Hmm. I researched for it a bit... As for Madara the manga has a single panel that its 50/50 if he regenned but the anime has it clear he did. Kaguya went beserk before she could do anything and her beserk state had both arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back