• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Ability Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im neutral on this. But personally i think you shouldn't be given limited durability negation based on the fact he can temporally stop or slow someone's regeneration. Durability negation is completely negating regeneration not slowing it

Im neutral on this. But personally i think you shouldn't be given limited durability negation based on the fact he can temporally stop or slow someone's regeneration. Durability negation is completely negating regeneration not slowing it
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

That's why Naruto has limited durability negation.

This is copypaste from the profile.

This is durability negation according to the VSB

"Immortality / Regeneration Negation: Many characters and weapons have the ability to ignore the immortality and regenerative abilities of their opponents, allowing them to kill characters with wounds they would otherwise survive. As with other powers, this is generally limited by the strongest level of regeneration and the types of immortality that the ability has nullified, and an ability may be limited to just immortality or just regeneration. Killing a character through means they can't survive even with their immortality doesn't count; killing someone who can regenerate from just a soul can just as easily be Soul"

All naruto is doing her is slowing Regen not negating it.

For it to limited durability negation you have to temporally stop said regen not slow it
No, ''limited'' work in a lot of variable ways, a ''limited'' can be because it only is actived due some specific reason, or maybe because it only actives when the character has some age, or maybe because it slows down the regeneration, which is the case

Well i just don't agree with this variation of limited durability negation. Seems like a cheep way to get Naruto dura neg. But carry on

Since when did AP have anything to do with regen or regen neg?? Especially Low-godly at that.
Just because AP boost and ability to slow regen happen congruently doesn't mean they are same.
Heavily disagree with removal of Limited Regen Neg.

From the disagree side... Can you show any scan to why it should be limited regeneration negation?

From the disagree side... Can you show any scan to why it should be limited regeneration negation?
Because it slowly down the regeneration of Edo Tenseis (Low-Godly)
3lFy4OK.jpg

I disagree with the removing... but I feel like it should state something involving with chakra

Kabuto says Naruto’s power slowed Mu’s regeneration, it didn’t outright negate it. You can get the sentence translated to see if it says “power” or “ability”, but if anything it’s only a property of that specific technique. Nothing about Naruto’s chakra or his other techniques used in the subsequent chapters replicated what we’ve seen in that panel.

This seems kinda vague to me, as from what I'm reading here the attack / mechanisms of this are never explored again or elaborated further upon. It also doesn't state to what attacks this is applicable to in Naruto's techniques and such, so at the very least the profile should elaborate on that much.

I've been asked to comment here again, but the only thing I can say is that I'm neutral about this.

Nobody else in the manga noted Naruto being particularly effective against Edo Tensei because of some unique power that he has or that Kurama has. By itself, Kabuto's statement is a bit strange.

The current non-official scan on his profile suggests that it is to do with raw might / power. But that could be an incorrect wording.

Limited Regeneration Negation (Up to Low-Godly; Kabuto stated that it would take time for Muu to regenerate from Naruto's attack due to the new power he acquired)

This current wording on the profile seems fine to me for what it is, even if the feat as a whole doesn't make sense. Maybe a note could be added to the profile that this is for a jutsu-based regeneration and he's not negating biological regeneration.

I've been asked to comment here again, but the only thing I can say is that I'm neutral about this.
That’s what I’m saying, it’s a one-time statement never brought up again anywhere. It makes little sense to say it’s through AP gaps when like M3X showed, bigger gaps have been displayed with no regeneration interference. The interpretation of the feat is based on opinion, not any tangible fact.

Regardless, the ability in question should be changed anyway. Power nullification is the ability to completely cancel out an ability. Naruto only slowed it, therefore the feat better qualifies for Power Modification.

I disagree. There have been many cases where Edo Tensei bodies have been impaired much more than this and are able to regenerate near-instantly. Naruto's "power" is vague, you can't draw the conclusion of it being AP when there is enough evidence to the contrary.

Limited Regeneration Negation is completely fine to have. It doesn't completely nullfiy the regeneration but slows it, hence the "limited".

Limited Regeneration Negation is completely fine to have. It doesn't completely nullfiy the regeneration but slows it, hence the "limited".
Power Modification is the ability to alter, interfere with, or modify other powers.”

Fits the bill better to me. Nullification and reduction aren’t similar. Neutral with the feat itself.

I also agree with Damage’s suggestion “
Maybe a note could be added to the profile that this is for a jutsu-based regeneration and he's not negating biological regeneration.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back