• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Ability Additions

Quite a few people with the ability to use genjutsu should also have Perception Manipulation, Sleep Manipulation/Stamina Exhaustion, Fear Manipulation/Paralysis . Pretty much everyone should have the ability to walk on water and walk on walls. Sasuke should have Statistics Amplification via cursed seal (Not 2nd stage , because he already has a key for it, but first stage). A lot should have Explosion Manipulation via paper bombs. All Sharingan users should have Extrasensory Perception (Can see chakra) and resistance to mind manipulation.

I'm not sure about giving them explosion manipulation because of a weapon, but everything else should be fine.

Depends on which genjutsu they have access to. I don't agree with throwing this on every profile with genjutsu.

Walking on water and walls should be fine.

Sasuke's Cursed Seal can't apply to anything past the Kage Summit arc.

Explosion Manipulation is probably fine, but you'd need to be specific on the profile.

Where does Resistance to Mind Manipulation come from?

@Rep

I'm not saying every genjutsu user should have all of those. We just have a lot of instances of genjutsu being used in those ways.Orochimaru Fear Manipulation Sleep manipulation for Sasuke And Kabuto Perception manipulation for Tsukuyomi and Izanagi.Madara Paralysis

Sharingan has the ability to see through illusions as seen here in the "eye of sight" section.

@Yung

Then modify those profiles. The way you phrased it made it sound like all genjutsu users got it.

That would be resistance to Illusion Creation, not Mind Manipulation.

@Rep

In Naruto, illusion creation and mind manipulation is interchangable. Genjutsu itself is much more broad than mind manipulation/illusion creation, as I displayed with the links.

@Yung

Most genjutsu works by manipulating the senses and thus creating illusions.

It's not mind manipulation unless it's actual mind manipulation.

Naruto-8237
Naruto-8238
Naruto-8239
Genjutsu is mind manipulation if the character uses MS.Genjutsu is not justu mind manip and illusion creation,it is both of them.

I was thinking about paralysis, but the others aside from perception manipulation for Tsukuyomi didn't cross my mind.

I'm assuming this is mostly for Sharingan genjutsu?

Shouldnt most have substitution aswell as it is a mandatory technique to ascend academy

And even fodder level characters such as kid sakura have it listed

I'm with Reppuzan on the whole Resistence to Mind Manipulation thing. Resistence to Illusion Creation is fine as it is capable of seeing through Illusions.

I'm fine with everything else.

Baseless clones probably aswell considering everyone had to create 1 and naruto would have failed if he didnt manage to do it

Okay...

Lets start with the simplest one. Every ninja above academy students should be able to walk on walls, and every ninja above basic genin should be able to walk on water. Everyone should be able to transform and make basic intangible clones. Everyone should have substitution jutsu added to their pages.

Itachi should get perception manipulation via Tsukuyomi (He can alter a persons sense of time along with all of their other senses including their sense of chakra and pain.) It should also be noted that tsukuyomi can destroy minds and induce mental fatigue. He can also display memories through genjutsu, but I don't know if that qualifies as memory manipulation.

Hanzo, Shikamaru, Naruto, and anyone else who has used explosive tags should get explosion manipulation for it.

Hashirama should get status effect inducement via darkness genjutsu.

Kabuto should get sleep manipulation.

Both Sasuke and Itachi should have paralysis and pain manipulation with sharingan genjutsu because of this.

Orochimaru should have fear manipulation and paralysis via genjutsu.

Sasuke should have sleep manipulation via genjutsu, and stat amp for non CM2 versions of him pre-taka. Sasuke has also been shown to induce fear via genjutsu.

Neji can detect and partially deflect oncoming ranged attacks via releasing his chakra as seen here . He can also use gentle fist through chakra mediums as seen here

All sharingan users should get resistance to illusion creation and possibly mind manipulation (Since they have resistance to genjutsu and genjutsu can also be mind manipulation). They should also have Extrasensory perception via seeing chakra.

....I think that's it...anyone else have any others?

This seems mostly fine, although I'm iffy on Fear Manip & Mind Manip (that has been shown by I.T and a few other genjutsus, but not all of them).

Only Sasuke and Kabuto should have sleep manip via feats

@Omimi

That should be for the adult Naruto thread, but I also asked about it quite some time ago. It's essentially the same reason Toneri has intangibility.

@Omimi

I didn't open up that jinjuriki can of worms because their resistance comes from genjutsu mechanics and not actual resistance.

One question when did sakura dispel ilusions?

I remember Jiraiya being able to do it as he even tried to teach narut to do it yet he dont have it listed on the profile

wasn't talking about tsukuyomi

but in vswiki

no one can resist tsukuyomi without sharingan = NLF

@shrek

Probably since he was the one who taught naruto. Guy should have it too.

@Omimi

Ummm....Maybe

Phasing (Non combat aplicable)

For Adult Naruto

Back